2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 97 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Myslitel

On the Ice
Cup of Nice
11.10 - 15.10
Alisa Fedichikina (senior)
Anastasia Gubanova (junior)

At these timing will also take place 2nd stage of Russian Cup (12-16.10), and immediately after it - all-russian tournaments in Moscow (16-18.10) and St-Pb (18-21.10), smoothly passing into the Rostelecom Cup (20-22.10):biggrin:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
At these timing will also take place 2nd stage of Russian Cup (12-16.10), and immediately after it - all-russian tournaments in Moscow (16-18.10) and St-Pb (18-21.10), smoothly passing in the Rostelecom Cup (20-22.10):biggrin:

Ugh, what a busy calendar!

Myslitel

On the Ice
Cup of Nice
11.10 - 15.10
Alisa Fedichikina (senior)
Anastasia Gubanova (junior)

At these timing will also take place 2nd stage of Russian Cup (12-16.10), and immediately after it - all-russian tournaments in Moscow (16-18.10) and St-Pb (18-21.10), smoothly passing into the Rostelecom Cup (20-22.10):biggrin:

And I do not understand why they need to go to France, with such schedule of competitions inside Russia. For high int. PB (in case moving seniors next season) - Challenger series, for gaining/maintaining form and for serious competition - national tournaments.

tars

Record Breaker
no, it's not. they have international athletets in there, but it's no more an international competition, than SPB Cup with carolina kostner
Wikipedia is your friend. :agree:

Japan Open (figure skating)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Japan Open is an annual senior international figure skating team competition organized by the Japan Skating Federation. The current format (team event) was established in 2006. The competition is held every autumn in Japan. Invited skaters compete in the disciplines of men's and ladies' singles. Skaters perform a free program but no short. Individual results are combined for a team standing.

From 1997 until 2001, Japan Open was an individual competition in all four figure skating disciplines.[...]

moriel

Record Breaker
Best thing is, Japan Open IS international competition. :taunt:

I hope people bombing Marin with flowers, won't forget to 'accidentally' throw some bouquets on judges tables, to let them know who's fans favourite. :points:

On the contrary! :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

And what about Alina? Just saying, Russian ladies thread, not Marin fanfest.

Objectively, Zagi has been receiving higher scores than Marin internationally. By a decent amount.
Yes, she lost a JGP event to Marin once - but it was her junior debut against a Junior World Champion, and the difference in scores was of less than 2 points.

When both go clean... At Junior Worlds, Zagi had 3 points TES advantage in SP, and 5 points TES advantage in FS. 8 points overall.
And Marin has no PCS advantage over Zagi to close that gap. Unfortunately, skaters dont automatically get +100 points by being a fans favourite, else Lipnitskaya would be getting gold medals without even skating.

moriel

Record Breaker

I suppose it is international as in "non japanese skaters are invited".
Are the Japan Open results counted by ISU for any purpose? I know WTT and such are, but i recall Japan open results were not.

tjb

Match Penalty

in my sentence an accent is not on the word "international", but on the word "real". japan open is not a real ISU competition, it's just a japanese tv show with some international athletes invited

moriel

Record Breaker
You really think clean Marin won't have PCS advantage over clean Alina in Japan? :biggrin:

PS. Let it rain! :yahoo:

Nothing any close to 8 points. Wait and see.
Also, unlike Canadians and Russians, japanese seem to give reasonably fair scores at their domestic competitions, so just saying. Clean Zagitova is as engaging as a clean Marin for general audience, maybe even more because wow factor of her FS, for example.

And again, this is a thread to discuss russian Ladies.

LRK

Record Breaker
I suppose it is international as in "non japanese skaters are invited".
Are the Japan Open results counted by ISU for any purpose? I know WTT and such are, but i recall Japan open results were not.

No.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Nastya Gubanova just suffered from nerves and expectations. I mean....my homegirl is still throwing out bangers like this 3z-3t-3lo :dbana:

I really don't think she is losing the ability to jump ;)

#Boss

hanca

Record Breaker
I think Nastya Gubanova just suffered from nerves and expectations. I mean....homegirl is still throwing out bangers like this 3z-3t-3lo :dbana:

I really don't think she is losing the ability to jump ;)

#Boss
I don’t think she is losing the ability to jump, but the last year or two she lost her consistency, which makes her unreliable. If the federation has a number of ladies who all have the ability to score 190+ and some of them are consistent and others are not, who do you think they will send to competitions? In any other country she would be on top, but in Russia she is in the top group, and that makes a huge difference. Being one of the top group make her easily replaceable. She needs to be on top, not in top group.

moriel

Record Breaker
I don’t think she is losing the ability to jump, but the last year or two she lost her consistency, which makes her unreliable. If the federation has a number of ladies who all have the ability to score 190+ and some of them are consistent and others are not, who do you think they will send to competitions? In any other country she would be on top, but in Russia she is in the top group, and that makes a huge difference. Being one of the top group make her easily replaceable. She needs to be on top, not in top group.

Not even that, but since they have many talented ladies, inconsistent ones will naturally lose oportunities. Such as it happened at JGP this year, where the ladies who performed poorly at their first GP did not get a second one. With less depth, it would be just one bad skate. And she actually could have even ended up in the final if she managed to win her other one. But with so many talented girls, one mistake automatically means youre out, because there will be enough girls who wont make this mistake.
See russian nationals, for example - if one doesnt skate perfect clean there... And at those things, consistency helps a lot.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree that consistency is a must and Nastya struggles with it but I also think it's cool that she can launch that combo off. I've heard people say she is losing her jumps and my point was basically highlighting what's being said, The pressure to remain consistent and live up to what's expected may be what's causing her issues more so than her jump technique.

Regardless......3z-3t-3lo is pretty cool and shows that she still has fight in her.