2017 Austria Ladies SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 Austria Ladies SP

Atashi

Rinkside
I don't find Gubanova boring but she is very main-stream so I definitely do find Tarakanova refreshing and exciting and seriously, excellent music choice for her. I was just checking her FS and that seems like another good one.
Does anyone know if Daniil did both? He seems to be really hitting it right on the money with these.
Yes, exactly what I mean about Gubanova. Boring is perhaps too strong a word, but too mainstream is good descption. She is a joy to watch with beautiful artistry and lines but I dont remember her programs afterwards.

Tarakanova I rewatched several times. This is a program to remember.

I think Daniil makes almost all programs for the whole group. He sometimes repeats himself (understandably) but I enjoy his work overall. And sometimes he outdoes himself.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30L using Golden Skate mobile app

FCSSp4

Rinkside
Wow, lots of great performances from all the girls. I'm happy with the placements. :D That said, the skater I keep coming back to is Moa Iwano. Way, way, waayy beyond what I'd expect from a 13 year old's performance. She was really exciting to watch, there was a real confidence and intensity to her. Shame about the combo but that program left me in awe by the end. Wishing her good luck in the free and can't wait to see more of her (I hope!)

Atashi

Rinkside
I loved both Nastya's programs today even though they were so dissimilar. In fact...I appreciate the contrast. Sometimes I think people fall into a trap of thinking that what they personally enjoy should score the most points. That's not always going to happen if we're honest with ourselves and each other.

Execellent point.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30L using Golden Skate mobile app

Ender

Match Penalty
Well, that's your opinion and it's my opinion. I think Mako just smiled through her program and that's it for her interpretation. Performance-wise it was cute but nothing else for me, considering the music choice also. I think she was the best SS-wise though.

Also these comments/ dislikes needs to be stopped. It's not even about Koreans v Russians now, I see so many clean skates having so many dislikes these days. For example on Marin's new programs videos. Like how can you bodyshame or be racist to someone, especially when they're just girls?
I think Yamashita scored that well because she's clean and she has her coach there. Generally speaking, judges don't give huge gap among junior as much as at the senior levels.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Unfortunate. It really didn't even last for the last season either, and this season they weren't even close.

She's a very lovely skater when she lands everything but unfortunately that's probably going to be pretty rate. You have to wonder if it's possible for her to relearn the proper technique... Changing her coach could work. She's still young I I believe the jumps should still be possible to be saved.

we'll see in LP, just a week a go or even few days ago she placed 2nd in St. Pete comp with 141 in LP clean landing all jumps... i hope she just nervous and that affect her jump in SP :(

Unfortunately, to get good PCS you also can't fall on your jumps. She got under 26 PCS here I believe, which is extremely low for what a skater like her should be able to get.

Hopefully she has a redemption during the FS, even if she fails to make it on the podium.
it does happen but rare i think only Kostner that have high pcs while fall and popping jumps

SkaterM

Rinkside
Boring skate absolutely not, i mean the commitment was evident. The program was kinda avant garde, it's fine to me but i prefer Gubanova's SP.

Actually i'm not even sure if Eunsoo's PCS should have been this close, i think it's merely because this is her second season. She lost speed in the steps sequence and the transitions honestly weren't even close to Tarakanova's transitions.

Brisbane scores were ridiculously low (even compared with the previous seasons which is crazy), and as always i suspect the scores at the other events will be much higher so it's a clear disadvantage for all the skaters who medalled there.

Of course she lost speed in the StSq. If you want to do your steps properly on edges, you should have less speed than in your usual skating. Otherwise you''ll lose the edges and don't earn the levels you want.