2017 Canadian Nats Senior Women's FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Women's FS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmm not sure how this will end. But I will say this picking your favourite is one thing but what is best for Canada is probably Osmond goes to worlds with a national title.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I think it's pointless to organize some nationals. Judges should place skaters the way they want and result will be the same :biggrin:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Anyway, wish Gabby won, but I'm really happy that both Kaetly and Gabby probably made the team, as they are my Top 2 Canadians this year! :cheer:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Whew. Osmond wins. Even if she lost the lp she should have been close enough to win over all. Side note, I think Kaetlyn deserves higher pcs so I can see why she won and her early jumps were amazing. I wonder if she needs stamina training or something though. Mind you I rather see her save it for worlds :) lol. As for falls folks - well let's get real winning with falls is much more normal especially in the ijs era. This ain't 6.0 time.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Hard to say. For me the FS was a toss-up between Gabby and Kaetlyn but I am a little surprised Kaetlyn got the nod in the free. The overall order is correct, IMO, so in the end it's just quibbles with the judging.

Congrats to the final flight. It wasn't a total meltdown fest. I will never forget the Nationals from the 90s. The winner could have 2 clean triples (usually a toe or salchow) and sloppy skating.

peg

Medalist
Sorry for being too curious, but how well do you speak Czech? I think your parents emigrated to Canada right? Correct me if I'm wrong. I love billingual people who can speak Czech. :laugh:

My Czech is rusty, but when I'm around Czech speakers it starts to come back. I was actually born in Usti nad Orlici, but I was only three years old when we left. I'm going to be in the Czech Republic in May for a big family reunion :)

liv

Record Breaker
What a huge gift of a score. The judges are obviously politicking for her.... she is my fave, but that was too high, even for nats inflation. I am glad of the result, though. And I also wonder about her stamina a bit.... or maybe it was just stress of the moment.

That being said, these 2 are capable of doing well at world's.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
I am sorry but there is no way Osmond deserves those PCS.

If not her then who on women's side? If you meant someone writing this. Sure, she's overscored here but I think PCS-wise she's one of the best on current ladies skating scene if not the best.

rain

Record Breaker
I don't like seeing skaters with falls winning but it's hard to argue with Kaetlyn's style and her previous lead.

Nobody was squeaky clean, so I don't think anyone wuz robbed. Even with the falls, I thought the LP was a step up from her previous performances. She's really settled into the artistic side of the program and I think it's a really nice progression for her.

But in international competition two falls is not going to do it. Wonder if Four Continents would be good or bad for her at this point. I'd still like to see her put out a cleaner version of that long before worlds.