2017 CS Finlandia Mens SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Mens SP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well, an amazing thing is that Adam is a presence personified - he really was able to embrace from where he's going, what he wants to show, how he wants to do it. And it shows now - the confidence, boldness in his skating are very rare to see, this easiness about his persona put out there in programs for display.

and YAY for score!!!:cheer:, ..... it makes me feel sassy as hell (and I have zero sass :laugh:)

:rofl: another thing we have in common, nonameface.

A presence personified. That's exactly what Adam has, and is. He also shows so much more joy in his skating in the last couple of years.

auser

Record Breaker
Call me old school, or maybe because it is early and quiet here, but I really enjoyed watching these programs skated to music without vocals :laugh:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
After two groups:

1. Mikhail KOLYADA 90.45
2. Boyang JIN 87.15
3. Adam RIPPON 83.69
4. Michal BREZINA 77.26
5. Vincent ZHOU 76.10
6. Andrei LAZUKIN 68.50
7. Tangxu LI 60.77
8. Kevin REYNOLDS 60.03
9. Samuel KOPPEL 49.10
10. Bela PAPP 48.26
11. Anton KORPUK 47.94
12. Nicola TODESCHINI 45.87

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:rofl: another thing we have in common, nonameface.

A presence personified. That's exactly what Adam has, and is. He also shows so much more joy in his skating in the last couple of years.

I agree - Adam seems much more at ease on ice in terms of sole presentation lately, and it makes his stuff authentic and more believable.

then - few clubbing sessions with Sassy Divas Ashley and Adam and we would be sassy all right!:laugh:;)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Call me old school, or maybe because it is early and quiet here, but I really enjoyed watching these programs skated to music without vocals :laugh:

I don't mind vocals at all. I just wish most of them weren't Buble. :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker
Sad skate, sad "assistant manager" noncostume.

:laugh: That's close to what I used to describe Patrick Chan's costumes a few seasons ago.

I thought Kevin's music was excellent. Not surprised to see it's from Whiplash. Good choice.
Kolyada's on a roll this season.

Adam was so good. Glad to see a program with clean triples score higher than a program with unclean quads. Hopefully he will get his quad (or two) back and land them in competition. I applaud his choice of costume (compared to last year's). :D

auser

Record Breaker
I don't mind vocals at all. I just wish most of them weren't Buble. :laugh:
I could live with more Buble this season if it meant I heard less of that Moulin Rouge Roxanne vocal. Your mileage might vary of course ;):laugh:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I could live with more Buble this season if it meant I heard less of that Moulin Rouge Roxanne vocal. Your mileage might vary of course ;):laugh:

I am partial to Ewan's dulcet tones but even I could hear less of Roxanne too.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Judging seems to be on a cautious side here - are they preparing for new rules?;)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I adore the Soundtrack of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. And I really like Boyang. But I'm not very fond of that program. This great soundtrack has a few possibilities and....the movie is a very romantic movie at heart. I just don't see that in Boyang's program. The way it is now, even if he lands his jumps, I think it is a step backwards, compared to Spider Man. I'm strangely disappointed.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
13 Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN)

Music: Georgia On My Mind performed by Ray Charles

White vest, black shirt+pants

4T - fall, maybe <
2A
FCSp
3Lz+3T<< - stepout
StSq
CCoSp
CSSp

2 costly mistakes

SP: 27.65+31.63-1.00 = 58.28, 9/13

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kudos to Valtter going for the quad. Has he done it in competition in any competition?

Now the stream is going a bit crazy... nice flag...