2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS

SXTN

Final Flight
Seeing Liza skate right after Alina opened my eyes a bit. Alina is light and effortless with killer transitions. Liza skated slowly and was preparing for jumps most of the time.

Seeing Alina skate right after Wakaba was interesting too. Wakaba is a very solid all-around-skater but she just doesn't have the WOW factor. Alina stands out more. Maybe the 3A will finally help Wakaba to be "memorable".

Johns

Rinkside
Don't be silly. They only inflate the anointed ones, or more precisely Russian anointed ones + backups for the Olympics. You look at the volatility of Liza's score over the years is self explanatory, it all depends on who the federation supports, or who they think has the greatest chance.

Alina's performance was stronger at Junior Worlds where she received 138 then. vs 147 here. PCS 62.2 then vs 67.5 here.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wjc2017/wjc2017_JuniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

Her clean short 70.58 at junior worlds, PCS 29.19 vs 71.67 here, PCS gones up to 33.40 with a botched 2A.

If you still don't see the inflation, then well not much I can say.

Her SP
Yeah, sometimes hatered make one blind!
If you are unable to see Alina's improvement from last year, too bad! Her every arm movement hit the exact point in music and she didn't rush into anything compare to last season.

And her overall beauty is incomparable!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Actually her PCS on the short here are 31.64: two points higher than at JW.

In Juniors components are usually very low.

Oops thanks for noticing the error.

Yes. A visibly frantic and below her best debut which she was upset about, with a botched 2A and when she fell behind the music, her PCS actually went up to 31.64 from a flawless SP at juniors when she received 29.19 (already generous PCS) against stronger competition.

Johns

Rinkside
Because she has not other senior score to speak of, she is still very much a junior by the performance.
instead, I compared with Evgenia's Senior debut. Sound reasonable, yes?

I bet you think Tara Lipinsky and Sara Hues' s performances at olympics were very much senior.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yeah, sometimes hatered make one blind!
If you are unable to see Alina's improvement from last year, too bad! Her every arm movement hit the exact point in music and she didn't rush into anything compare to last season.

And her overall beauty is incomparable!

Uhhh I see :slink: you are one of those.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Wakaba is a very solid all-around-skater but she just doesn't have the WOW factor. Alina stands out more. Maybe the 3A will finally help Wakaba to be "memorable".

That is very subjective. Here for example, I was much more blown away with Wakaba's skate and she so had that wow factor.

I think Alina is also an exceptional talent but currently this program just doesn't work fully for me, sorry to say. She has no room to breathe and this bothers me a lot. She wouldn't lose much by getting rid of a few of those transitions to allow her to fully hold her positions, and show the proper lines and extensions. She is just rushing through it all now as she has no choice and this drives me up the wall because I think she could do better. It's obvious she's improved from last season. But right now, SS, IN, PE, CO are all on Wakaba's side and frankly, Alina's IN/PE are really lagging compared to quite a few senior ladies.

PCS overall were overscored here though, it's really blah.

tjb

Match Penalty
Because she has not other senior score to speak of, she is still very much a junior by the performance.

what does this even mean? "junior by performance"? there's a legion of juniors who are better performers than seniors. and alina has all the juniors world record scores. including the highest juniors PCS.
but you probably never even bothered to watch juniors competitons.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
what does this even mean? "junior by performance"? there's a legion of juniors who are better performers than seniors. and alina has all the juniors world record scores. including the highest juniors PCS.
but you probably never even bothered to watch juniors competitons.

I don't care how many records she breaks, this is the senior competition, you judge by senior standards, just like the real world, geniuses are dime a dozen, but not all of them make it.

I did not hate on Alina, i simply state she is overscored with reasons and historical stats to support my view. If you don't think she is overscored, then simply outline your reasons with stats that can support your view.

Johns

Rinkside
I don't care how many records she breaks, this is the senior competition, you judge by senior standards, just like the real world, geniuses are dime a dozen, but not all of them make it.

I did not hate on Alina, i simply state she is overscored with reasons and historical stats to support my view. If you don't think she is overscored, then simply outline your reasons with stats that can support your view.

To put you in place I will remind you that your opinions, reasons and standards are strictly YOURS! Don't make people think you are smarter than a panel of international judges, 'cause it's laughable.

tjb

Match Penalty
I don't care how many records she breaks, this is the senior competition, you judge by senior standards, just like the real worlds, genius are dime a dozen, but not all of them make it.

i think that she did great by a senior standart. i can't remember any skater who recieved higher scores on her senior debute, both TES and PCS. so probably she breaked one more record today.
i'm sure that many more to come. judges will continue to judge her by a senior standarts, and scores will continue to rise.
and the people like you will come up with more hate and cry.
so alina gonna be just fine in the end.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Tukt was so painful to watch. She looked so resigned. I am thinking this is the end for her.

I don't know what happened.

Last week at the Russian Test Skates she was the best, and here it was the same as last season.

Kittosuni

Medalist
amen, man.

wakaba was hard done by. less than 2pt difference in pcs? laughable. should be 5-7. alina's upper body is mostly parallel with the ice and the angle between her upper and lower body surely is less than 90 degrees most of the time. that posture...makes my eyes bleed.

wakaba's amazing.

It would be nice to know how people are getting this 5-7 pcs points that they think Wakaba should have over Zagitova because im really puzzled. Like really a sensible or thoughtful response will be appreciated. Wakaba bested Zagitova in ALL aspect in the PCS even in TR where clearly Wakaba is inferior, so how do you even explain that. And giving Walaba extra 5-7 points would mean she is even better than Kostner which is laughable. The only area that I can say Wakaba has advantage over Zagitova with conviction is in SS. 1 point max because more than that would mean she is even better than Kostner but then you'll have to minus the 1 point advantage that Zagitova should have in the TR department because clearly she is better there. So really where are you guys getting this big numbers??

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
To put you in place I will remind you that your opinions, reasons and standards are strictly YOURS! Don't make people think you are smarter than a panel of international judges, 'cause it's laughable.

Why do you bother to come to a discussion forum is anyone's guess. No need to get so upset if my opinion doesn't matter.

Chill dude, it is only figure skating :laugh:

Johns

Rinkside
i think that she did great by a senior standart. i can't remember any skater who recieved higher scores on her senior debute, both TES and PCS. so probably she breaked one more record today.
i'm sure that many more to come. judges will continue to judge her by a senior standarts, and scores will continue to rise.
and the people like you will come up with more hate and cry.
so alina gonna be just fine in the end.

Exactly! Talents don't stand in line!

Johns

Rinkside
Why do you bother to come to a discussion forum is anyone's guess. No need to get so upset if my opinion doesn't matter.

Chill dude, it is only figure skating :laugh:

Didn't know you speak for everyone here! Is that crown tight much?
What's matter, don't like people with opposite opinion to yours?

whatif

Medalist

Stop feeding the xenophobic troll.

SXTN

Final Flight
That is very subjective. Here for example, I was much more blown away with Wakaba's skate and she so had that wow factor.

I think Alina is also an exceptional talent but currently this program just doesn't work fully for me, sorry to say. She has no room to breathe and this bothers me a lot. She wouldn't lose much by getting rid of a few of those transitions to allow her to fully hold her positions, and show the proper lines and extensions. She is just rushing through it all now as she has no choice and this drives me up the wall because I think she could do better. It's obvious she's improved from last season. But right now, SS, IN, PE, CO are all on Wakaba's side and frankly, Alina's IN/PE are really lagging compared to quite a few senior ladies.

PCS overall were overscored here though, it's really blah.

Two days ago I would have written the same about Alina. But I think she has tremendously improved. Today I saw that she understands the music, she sold it nicely and took her time. It didn't seem that rushed compared to her junior competitions.

And I don't think she is the one to blame. All Eteri skaters look rushed with that amount of transitions and choreography to cope with.

Seruleane

Final Flight
And I don't think she is the one to blame. All Eteri skaters look rushed with that amount of transitions and choreography to cope with.

I totally agree it's not her fault, but that somehow bothers me more. Her team doesn't realize or care that if they just took out some of her transitions her overall program would look way better. In this case, less is more. Zhenya's programs aren't nearly that busy and she manages to hold some nice positions so I wish they would do the same for Alina.

russianfan

Match Penalty
"That's a stupid fall on double Axel... People almost beg us to change the entry to the jump, but in training, she makes 98 out of 100 attempts. For me, it was very unexpected when she felt on the axel here in Italy. In general, it was just an accident. Perhaps nerves were the reason because it's her first start. Alina was good on the first two jumps and a little bit lost concentration in the third" said Daniil.

interesting...