2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Short Dance

TMC

Record Breaker
Tim looks a bit like Pedro Pascal here..I'm gonna go ahead and imagine it really is Pedro :biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
If N/N really get it down, that will be one very very cool and very musical lift.

The samba was ok. You can see what a huge difference international experience makes. But the mambo...finally they are showing some of the sass they had as juniors.

I'll be REALLY curious to see how this develops...

61.06 2nd to LD.

Bleh.

glad to hear I am not alone in N/N SD wagon:cheer:, been there since this Chicago even where I saw that for the first time - at least there is some breathing and flow thorough the dance, not like racing to pose to race for another element without even catch a vibe of the music and making some dialogue with it...Happy for them!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
One thing you can say for Mr Koletto. He certainly committed himself to that, and it makes such a big difference. Again HE held my attention, even if gets a bit ganglylimbed at times.

I'm finding it both fascinating and depressing how every choreographer is structuring the beginning of the SD THE EXACT SAME WAY: introduction, 2/3rd circuit to the pattern. Oy veh. Try something a little different guys--it will stand out.

49.80 for the Japanese.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
One thing you can say for Mr Koletto. He certainly committed himself to that, and it makes such a big difference. Again HE held my attention, even if gets a bit ganglylimbed at times.

I'm finding it both fascinating and depressing how every choreographer is structuring the beginning of the SD THE EXACT SAME WAY: introduction, 2/3rd circuit to the pattern. Oy veh. Try something a little different guys--it will stand out.

49.80 for the Japanese.

I agree - there is very little originality in choreos for SD this season as for elements placement, I still remember (and like to get back to) Anna/Luca and WeaPo SDs from 2011/12 - one beginning with pattern, then circular step sequence, with such since introduction and flow, second started with stationary lift and Andrew's hotness that killed me on sight:drama:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I agree - there is very little originality in choreos for SD this season as for elements placement, I still remember (and like to get back to) Anna/Luca and WeaPo SDs from 2011/12 - one beginning with pattern, then circular step sequence, with such since introduction and flow, second started with stationary lift and Andrew's hotness that killed me on sight:drama:

:agree:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Some interesting bright costumes in this group. And by interesting I mean eye bleeding.

I kid, they're not so bad compared to the invisible carpet thing we had earlier.

nimi

Medalist
Yeah. The music cut... Not a fan of the program as a whole, either.
I expected more from Lucie & Lukas.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I think - looking at majority of SDs this season so far - that the focus is put mainly on constructing solid routine, on allowing teams to execute elements properly, but with no further attention to the music, vibe, emotion carried, which is a shame, because to create a wholesome powerhouse and make an impact it takes a lot of care and attention to the overall image created. And it takes a certain idea about the dance, not exactly requiring both partners to feel Latin very well - music, rhythm should be an inspiration to the story or just a dance to be performed. It takes some little or bigger inspiration of Latin dances, moves, how to stylize the movement to embody music more than less. It takes an effort to make an engaging expression overall, to show commitment not only in performing the routine cleanly, but to present yourself, your partner and the dance convincingly. And there is so many possibilities to use: playful dance, sensual dance, street dance-like improvisation...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lukas ain't bad looking though...perhaps they can be forgiven :biggrin:

Italy has made an...interest dress choice...

TMC

Record Breaker
I kind of want to see one of the men wear a white blazer with rolled up sleeves, a la Miami Vice. I think it would suit a mambo rhythm :biggrin: