2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Short Dance

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Dress itself is not that bad. I would just change coulouring
But kudos for choosing Bajo La Tormenta for the salsa part. Their rotational lift is so simple and yet so damn fantastic

nimi

Medalist
Charlene & Marco looking strong!

Needs more Latin expression, of course, but I like their flow.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Grrr my browser crashed during that but what I saw was rather disappointing. One thing for Testa and Csolley was they had interesting programs. Something creative. That was so...conventional. But they ARE a brand spanking new team, so keep that in mind.

The Italians are going to have a difficult time staying top ten this year I think, but they should easily win this SD. It's a variation of the same lift they've been doing FOREVER, but their experience shows through. It had energy and some polish the other teams simply don't have at this point. But honestly, I think it's a forgettable SD.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
oh please describe what Charlene and Marco are wearing!

Marco has tipical Marco black with swetshirt and opened shirt on it
And Charlene has a latin dress coloured in white and purple, but on one part opened with skin toned bra visible

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
70.26 for the Italians. They always do get out to a running start. Good for them. I just wish that dance was more interesting. They really have improved as dancers.

nimi

Medalist
I find the Brits quite pleasant to watch. Not memorable or interesting, but pleasant.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
G/F always get these really high Challenger Series scores that level out a bit once the GP starts. But I give them credit for this: they actually put the pattern in a different part of the program from everyone else.

The Brits, however, didn't step out of the cookie cutter at all. 53.70. Well not a big surprise.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
70.26 for the Italians. They always do get out to a running start. Good for them. I just wish that dance was more interesting. They really have improved as dancers.

the thing for me with Charlene and Marco - regardless what the general opinion of them is and their results - is that they are carrying on a great tradition of Italian style of performance: engaging and effective. Watching them I see the complex care of the dance, presentation of it to the audience by the way they connect with the music and people around AND along with that an attention to the partner from each of them: eye contact, making sure that two of them are good and enjoying the party etc. Leaving errors, technicalities, style and music aside - they truly represent themselves in every program they perform for last 2/3/ seasons, which I appreciate, because it is actually nice and pleasant once in a while to feel a commitment and performance confidence radiating from the team about wholesome of program.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
the thing for me with Charlene and Marco - regardless what the general opinion of them is and their results - is that they are carrying on a great tradition of Italian style of performance: engaging and effective. Watching them I see the complex care of the dance, presentation of it to the audience by the way they connect with the music and people around AND along with that an attention to the partner from each of them: eye contact, making sure that two of them are good and enjoying the party etc. Leaving errors, technicalities, style and music aside - they truly represent themselves in every program they perform for last 2/3/ seasons, which I appreciate, because it is actually nice and pleasant once in a while to feel a commitment and performance confidence radiating from the team about wholesome of program.

I'm going to respond to this when the event is over.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Americans P/B have real potential--I honestly think they have the potential to be a real factor next Olympic cycle. But that program is Igor at his cookie cutter worst.

Sigh. It's gonna be a longggggggggggggg season as far as the SD is concerned.

61.36. 3rd. Which is where I figure they'll end up. LD are gonna take second unless they screw up.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm going to respond to this when the event is over.

:), but I see your point about 'more interesting dance' though, it really is applicable to many teams, even top quality ones...My post is more of general reflection I have on Charlene/Marco way of performing I gather

NicolettaL

Final Flight
As for P/B I think they should change their training enviroment. They are so much better than what's Igor giving them