2017 GP NHK Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies SP

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Satoko Miyahara needs to score around 210 to reach the podium and I hope she's fit enough to do it. The competition will be held in Osaka where she has a home advantage. Her home rink is not far away from the Osaka arena.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh, the podium has already been decided, then. Some of you really know how to suck all the enjoyment out of a competition before they have even gotten on the plane to Japan.

I would imagine Polina is not thinking about the performances of other skaters, only herself. She is too good a competitor to concern herself with things outside of her control.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Last year Satoko didn't get home advantage. score dinged by URs calls, less PCS than Pogorilaya. I'm not sure that she will have the home advantage this time.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Because she is not getting on that podium with Med, Caro and Satoko.

We don't know how Satoko is. On the other hand, we have seen Polina in the Kubok and in the second appearance she looked really good. Of course, there's the issue of moving to Seniors but she is back.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
OMG....this line up is going to overwhelm me. I think I love them all. :dbana:

IKR. While going through the starter list an image suddenly popped up in my mind with the entire field standing on the podium. :eek:hwell: This will be a heartbreaker. I hope that all ladies will at least have two clean skates (rather unlikely) and that the judging will not be overly controversial (totally impossible).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
She has to hope that Satoko isn't on a great condition or that judges will be more realistic with Caro's scores, otherwise the podium here is clearly:

Medvedeva
Kostner
Miyahara

I think you underestimate Polina Tsurskaya.

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
Go Satoko! This is going to be a real heartbreaker but even if Satoko jumps a program of all doubles I think I'll just be happy enough to see her on the ice again.

randomfan

Record Breaker
So many skaters I enjoy are here, but I’m especially excited to see Satoko and Soyoun! Both skaters ended their previous season early due to injury AND both skaters happen to be in my list of favourites in the current field. I hope we can see solid performances from them! :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
:yahoo::(:hopelessness::dbana::hap93::cheer::gaah::popcorn: is how i am feeling :laugh:

go Satton and Soyoun!! :hap10:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:yahoo::(:hopelessness::dbana::hap93::cheer::gaah::popcorn: is how i am feeling :laugh:

go Satton and Soyoun!!

popcorn as last?! You need to re-evaluate priorities:laugh:, but yeah - my heart goes to Satoko, to be healthy and have joy from performing!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
popcorn as last?! You need to re-evaluate priorities:laugh:, but yeah - my heart goes to Satoko, to be healthy and have joy from performing!

well, this event has it all, fun, thrill, excitement, heartbreak, almost like a movie and whats better than eating popcorn during movie :biggrin: plus, i love popcorn so it is safe to say it is among my priorities :laugh::laugh:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I hope this ladies event will live up to Cup of China's SP!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am too old to drink a case of Red Bull and pull an all nighter so I will stay away from the media and wait for INW. If you hear someone screaming into a pillow while hugging a dog, just ignore it.
I wonder how fast this comp sold out???
Nail biter in Spokane.....

risingtrot

On the Ice

The article is interesting. A bit off topic but I remember the author Jack Gallagher would write so many negative things about Mao and her Triple Axel (almost everytime). I think in one article, he even suggested that Mao go to a different coach. Now he seems a bit different. At least for now, he doesn't seem to have a grudge against the current Japanese skaters unlike before.

That said, all I hope in this grand prix is for Satoko to do well. I've seen some of her recent videos where her jumps were still not there. Quite worrying.

kumagoro

Spectator
Actually I worry about Satoko's condition. I just hope she is healthy and she can do what she wanted to do.