2017 GP NHK Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies SP

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Actually I worry about Satoko's condition. I just hope she is healthy and she can do what she wanted to do.

Same here, she looked good in the video, but that doesn't mean her conditioning is good enough to compete at 110% in competition.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The article is interesting. A bit off topic but I remember the author Jack Gallagher would write so many negative things about Mao and her Triple Axel (almost everytime). I think in one article, he even suggested that Mao go to a different coach. Now he seems a bit different. At least for now, he doesn't seem to have a grudge against the current Japanese skaters unlike before.

That said, all I hope in this grand prix is for Satoko to do well. I've seen some of her recent videos where her jumps were still not there. Quite worrying.

He did say some very nice things about Mao (unabashed fan here alert) upon her retirement. Glad I am not a sports writer.....
It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about this ladies event....
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...egacy-will-part-skating-forever/#.WgKKcGhSyHs

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bFhZdPnBc

I hope Satoko does well here! This is a video I found today, and she seems to be in pretty good shape. The long choreo also looks stunning!

Actually I worry about Satoko's condition. I just hope she is healthy and she can do what she wanted to do.

I just hope that Satoko and her team are not going with 'all guns blazing' out there and there will be 'step-by-step' approach taken - I think that her health should be main focus there and building stamina up along with progressing with technical repertoire for programs. This is her first competition since quite some time and my trust is that she is competition ready, maybe not exactly to podium or t win it, maybe not with all her jumps yet, but to be there focused and sound, ready to perform and try to achieve the best. She is a fighter, so humble and dedicated to her skating, way of performance and I'm glad she's back on ice:)

Globetrotter

Medalist
I think you underestimate Polina Tsurskaya.

I wouldn't count Tsurskaya out. She probably has the best jump techniques among the Russian girls. What is unknown is her non jump elements and basic skating. She has improved steadily but she still hadn't regained the sort of confident movement on ice she used to produce as the top junior, possibly due to too much time out and lack of competitive fitness. Satoko is also another unknown here as she had not compete in like...??? CaroK on the other hand has almost regained her superb SS of yesteryears nd I certainly will not count her out - judges will be very hard pressed not to score her high in PCS if she goes clean as her basic SS and presentation skills certainly are a cut above the other ladies.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Wow this lineup is insane! I'm the most excited about:
-Satoko: I hope she will make one heck of a comeback and medal, but mostly I'm just so happy to have her back on the ice, I missed her!
-Polina: she's so elegant and beautiful to watch and I especially love her SP, I want her to slay her GP debut! Good luck
-Evgenia: I really love her SP this year, I want to see what she does with it, especially since she wasn't at her best at CoR.
-Mirai: redemption please!!!

This.

Quite the battle here and I hope they all do well.
Polina and Satoko have both been dealing with physical issues, and I hope they do better than Anna on their return!

And (at least somewhat) clean programs for Mirai please.

Won't be able to watch the SP live, but will make sure to be ready for the Free.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The interview is new but the practice footage is old. It's from her training time in Canada in July. She attended informal practice today and was practicing 3Lz-3T. She said she will attempt the combo in competition.

How did her practice look?

risingtrot

On the Ice
He did say some very nice things about Mao (unabashed fan here alert) upon her retirement. Glad I am not a sports writer.....
It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about this ladies event....
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...egacy-will-part-skating-forever/#.WgKKcGhSyHs

That's true. I've read that article as well. But yeah it was definitely only upon Mao's retirement that he wasn't so critical of Mao. Anyway, there are so many rising skaters from the Japanese ladies currently so we will see which skater he will poke the most.

Anyway, Good luck to the ladies~ I am equally excited to see how Polina will do as well. I am just drawn to her skating.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Polina in her senior GP debut. I love her GoT SP from last season, I watched it countless times. Hopefully it serves her well in NHK. Making the podium could be tough with Med, Kostner and Miyahara.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow so both GP series Kostner has this year are going head to head with Evegenia? Tough luck of the draw or what!! (Or is it!? Talk about dampening any potential momentum boosting. It boost Evegenia though, bouncing off high PCS) thought Kostner might have gone to TEB or something...

Yes SoYoun did get a competition after all. Good luck young lady! Always looking forward to your programs.

Mirai mirai... 3A or no 3A! Fingers crossed as always. Hope Satoko win the Japan ladies honour back, and finally get some decent PCS. No excuses this time judges, this is the Japan home games.

kumagoro

Spectator
I read an article. Satoko said my condition is currently so-so. I'm happy to comeback here. I'd like to do what I can do now.
Hope Satoko healthy. Good luck to all ladies.

to Tostoj isn't a dress change but a coat change, to let everyone know that Evgenia is starr pupil, (1) in the kiss & cry area.
she the one she pushing for gold. See focus on her, not on us.
in the guy she had a gray coat, which i like better than the black one,
he has on a brown jacket versus the black.

both coaches wore black versus Evgenia Russian jacket-which makes the Russian Jacket stands out more.