2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP

Icey

Record Breaker
Oh, my!!!! What was I thinking? Cut the cord (have no tv) last week. Surely there will be some streams.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
To all you people who put Carolina on top: I sure admire your optimism... but good luck in the predictions game, in my opinion :biggrin:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I am curious to see how far Wakaba will be from Evgenia if she goes clean i mean obv

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Well, this is a competition in Russia and Zhenya is quite unbeatable... I'd say maybe 10-15pts.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Hmm... I thought her FS choreo was done by Shae-Lynn as well? :confused2:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I typically love Shae Lynn's work (e.g. her program for Wakaba is AMAZING), but when I saw Lena's program at test skates, I wasn't really impressed. There are large parts of the program that seem to be quite empty where she is just setting up for jumps. I wonder if she is using the original choreo done by Shae Lynn, or if her team changed it to make it easier, and that's why Irina is being listed as choreographer?

I am hoping against hope that the program has dramatically changed for the better since last time I saw it, but not holding my breath...I think Lena will be lucky to get 3rd place in this lineup of ladies!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
My wish is for two strong, clean great skates from Mirai and let the placements fall where they may! GO MIRAI! :rock:

skatespin

On the Ice
My wish is for two strong, clean great skates from Mirai and let the placements fall where they may! GO MIRAI! :rock:

I second this!

It's also kinda interesting that probably one of the only ladies who could theoretically challenge Evgenia is Carolina, if she suddenly got her Sochi 2014 jumps back. She seems to be the only one that the judges might be willing to give a higher component score to. Not bad for 30 years old!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I second this!

It's also kinda interesting that probably one of the only ladies who could theoretically challenge Evgenia is Carolina, if she suddenly got her Sochi 2014 jumps back. She seems to be the only one that the judges might be willing to give a higher component score to. Not bad for 30 years old!

Not bad indeed!

I love Evgenia's jumps, I like her choreo too very much and naturally she will win the SP by a huge margin but I prefer Mirai's 'Nocturne' overall. It just seems more mature and elegant to me but that's my preference.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Oh goodness... battle of the Nocturnes...

Better than battle of the carmens!

Also i feel like all of the heartbeats and breathing in zhenyas are the main soundtrack - nocturne is just background...

We could've had a battle of Anna Kareninas (in LP) if Stanislava Konstatinova got a host pick as was expected (but stayed junior instead). Both programs (Evgenia's and Stanislava's LPs) to that dreadful soundtrack of the WORST EVER adaptation of Anna Karenina (IMO).
I am surprised nobody wanted to be Natasha Rostova instead (17-year old girls & Anna Karenina :scratch2:) and use soundtrack of the wonderful adaptation 2016 of War & Peace (Andrew Davies is a genius!)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
There's a girl who I would have loved to see as host pick but who didn't have the results for it... Natalia Ogoreltseva.

moriel

Record Breaker
We could've had a battle of Anna Kareninas (in LP) if Stanislava Konstatinova got a host pick as was expected (but stayed junior instead). Both programs (Evgenia's and Stanislava's LPs) to that dreadful soundtrack of the WORST EVER adaptation of Anna Karenina (IMO).
I am surprised nobody wanted to be Natasha Rostova instead (17-year old girls & Anna Karenina :scratch2:) and use soundtrack of the wonderful adaptation 2016 of War & Peace (Andrew Davies is a genius!)

I actually have a feel that this adaptation was not so popular in russia.
At least most russian people i know disapproved (imho, most people expected the quality standard of pride and prejudice, but instead got this - all the historical inaccuracies, weird costumes, actors who have nothing to do with characters descriptions, characters who were changed too much from the books in a weird way and so on).

Tutto

Record Breaker
At least most russian people i know disapproved (imho, most people expected the quality standard of pride and prejudice, but instead got this - all the historical inaccuracies, weird costumes, actors who have nothing to do with characters descriptions, characters who were changed too much from the books in a weird way and so on).

What you say surprises me - okay there are some blips but the casting is superb (maybe with exception of Anatol & Helen) and the plot kept close to the book. I don't know I really enjoy it. The ball scene is a visual feast. Natasha, Andre, Pierre, Marya and Sonya are exactly as I had imagined them reading the book. Mind you when I watched it first time I didn't like it at all as I was picking on inaccuracies etc but second time I liked it better , third I loved it and now on my 4th 'round' i am mad about it ha ha... It is the first Western adaptation of Russian classic I really enjoy. The ball scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSsQmNRecQ

Please don't tell me the Russians like that joke of Anna Karenina with Keira Knightley?!

russianfan

Match Penalty
What you say surprises me - okay there are some blips but the casting is superb (maybe with exception of Anatol & Helen) and the plot kept close to the book. I don't know I really enjoy it. The ball scene is a visual feast. Natasha, Andre, Pierre, Marya and Sonya are exactly as I had imagined them reading the book. Mind you when I watched it first time I didn't like it at all as I was picking on inaccuracies etc but second time I liked it better , third I loved it and now on my 4th 'round' i am mad about it ha ha... It is the first Western adaptation of Russian classic I really enjoy. The ball scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSsQmNRecQ

Please don't tell me the Russians like that joke of Anna Karenina with Keira Knightley?!

:eek:topic:
BBC series were quite interesting, but extremely inaccurate to say at least. Many russians were complaining about that. BBC even posted some of them. Like Natasha being a blonde, or pigs in the middle of Moscow (w t f, seriously :biggrin: )

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Although Caro gets high PCS, I think it would be hard to catch Evgenia on TES. On the rare occasions that Evgenia makes a mistake, she recovers well so none of the other elements are affected. Caro doesn't have the difficulty or the backloading required to mount a challenge unless Evgenia had a meltdown. I wish it was more competitive between the two, but Evgenia is an absolute beast when it comes to competitiveness and executing her elements flawlessly.

Tutto

Record Breaker
:eek:topic:
BBC series were quite interesting, but extremely inaccurate to say at least. Many russians were complaining about that. BBC even posted some of them. Like Natasha being a blonde, or pigs in the middle of Moscow (w t f, seriously :biggrin: )

Sorry for off-top- my last post on the subject I promise! Who cares about hair colour? Lily James is true to Natasha's character and it's all that matters to me. About the pigs yes I agree that was funny...

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

OK, I'm not Russian, but I loved the adaptation. It was the impetus I needed to finally read the book. Obviously, a 1,400 page novel can't be fully condensed for TV, but I think they did a very good job. As for skating, I think Elena Radionova would be a perfect Natasha.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry for off-top- my last post on the subject I promise! Who cares about hair colour? Lily James is true to Natasha's character and it's all that matters to me. About the pigs yes I agree that was funny...

I agree about Lily James. She captured perfectly the "girl everyone loves" essence of Natasha. Paul Dano was perfect as Pierre, too.