2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP

MIM

Medalist
Okay for the Olympic season, they are going classic understandably!! It is a safe choice! But I find the styling still random and not a perfect fit for this team. I prefer a less perfect s/k.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really dislike T/M's costumes but their twist is just gorgeous.

I hope GS can get the tech issues resolved. Half the fun of watching live skating is reading/posting in the competition threads.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Has S/K's twist always been that bad?
No, it was quite good for a while. It got worse after Klimov's shoulder injuries (if I remember correctly, this (pre)season is not the first time when he has problems with his shoulder).

s_parks

Record Breaker
When I watch a rach no. 2 program for the umpteenth time, I still expect to get goosebumps especially when the stsq comes, like M/D, Denis, and Mao did, but that did not happen here.

andromache

Record Breaker
Better PCS then S/K? Seriously? If other with mistakes can have bigger PCS then clean ones, then why not here?

T/M are getting the Russian #1 scoring - their consistency and general good health (not having to withdraw due to injuries) have paid off. Unfortunately, being #1 doesn't get you works of genius from Nina Mozer. I swear she's subconsciously sabotaging them.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
My impression: everyone was the same as six months ago. Except for Marchei and Hotarek who were better than ever. And Stolbova and Klimov were too lively and romantic.

Lota

Record Breaker
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh... I will be so angry if T/M end their careers without having that 'one' program, the one that fits them to a T. As of now, the majority of their programs have ranged from meh to ok to quite good (their SPs mostly qualify for this one). But this season is just :palmf: The SP is ok but I hate the music cut, the LP is... just no.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE A TEAM THAT IS SO GOOD AND WITH SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND DO THIS TO THEM? GIVE THEM THE GOOD STUFF :bang: :bang: :bang:

nimi

Medalist
Okay for the Olympic season, they are going classic understandably!! It is a safe choice! But I find the styling still random and not a perfect fit for this team. I prefer a less perfect s/k.
I agree and prefer imperfect S/K myself, but whenever I feel like complaining about this SP of T/M, I remember the elevator muzak version of the sappy Lionel Richie song they skated to few years ago and I'm like, nevermind, this is fine, actually...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sometimes I wonder if there is porblem with programs, or T/M themselves? Or partially both?... It's weird that even with nailing elements their programs are just not exciting....

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel that the music is being used to convince me that they are classic artists. I can't find any passion in that performance. Sure they are on time and have beautiful lines, but I can't see their iinspiration by Mao or M/D ( who must be rolling his eyes).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
what i am not fine with is two major mistakes... a fall and a very botched twist with barely any catch from him... and in first... by like 4-5 points? really?

The puppy and I agree with you. I am sorry about their injuries but they were way overscored. Congrats to T/M.
(For some reason, INW is working so back to the couch and the big screen. Bring on the ladies! :popcorn:)

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Sometimes I wonder if there is porblem with programs, or T/M themselves? Or partially both?... It's weird that even with nailing elements their programs are just not exciting....
At least it's better than that YMCA type deal they did last year [emoji23]

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
T/M are getting the Russian #1 scoring - their consistency and general good health (not having to withdraw due to injuries) have paid off. Unfortunately, being #1 doesn't get you works of genius from Nina Mozer. I swear she's subconsciously sabotaging them.

THIS.

Their Long program feels like a 4 and a half minute running around with a tiny break in the middle. I thought they were gonna die on the ice in Hesinki (and the costumes, what ?)
Does Mozer doesn't have any better ideas for them ? Or Robin for that matter ?
They could break world records to be honest, they have the elements.
What a waste.

s_parks

Record Breaker

It's both. The best they could do is go to Moskvina or even Vasiliev, then they could be packaged as it suits them without being utterly boring but alas... the funding that team Mozer gets is probably too good to reject.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
The manbun spoils the effect, but his beard makes Fedor Klimov look a bit like his namesake Dostoevskij (and we know Ksenia's stare can be as frightening as a firing squad)

nimi

Medalist
THIS.

Their Long program feels like a 4 and a half minute running around with a tiny break in the middle. I thought they were gonna die on the ice in Hesinki (and the costumes, what ?)
Does Mozer doesn't have any better ideas for them ? Or Robin for that matter ?
They could break world records to be honest, they have the elements.
What a waste.
Peter Tchernyeshev (sp?) choreographed the programs (he did their SP last season and a lot of Kavaguti/Smirnov programs like Clair de lune). Why is Mozer to blame?