2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
To anyone watching the Russian streams... did a boxer just get unfairly cheated out of a victory? My better half is watching and asking... and i have no idea.

Lota

Record Breaker
I like T/M. They're just ordinary people, after all.

I'd much rather they skated to that (their EX if I recall) as their FD than what tomorrow's program will be. They do have chemistry, but it's not loud and showy, it's the subtle type and I just wish their coaches knew how to bring it out. Both their EXs ("I guess I loved you" and "Ordinary people") are much better showcases of their personalities and what suits them than their competitive programs. Just my opinion of course ;)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Why are S/B so low in the marks?They had good twist, good sbs jumps, gorgeous thrown 3Lz...they must have lost some points in the steps, still

GGFan

Record Breaker
It's both. The best they could do is go to Moskvina or even Vasiliev, then they could be packaged as it suits them without being utterly boring but alas... the funding that team Mozer gets is probably too good to reject.

Yea, I keep wishing that they would be inspired by the St. Petersburg school of skating and emphasize their lines, skating skills, etc. They could just steal from Bechke and Petrov and I wouldn't be mad.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Why are S/B so low in the marks?They had good twist, good sbs jumps, gorgeous thrown 3Lz...they must have lost some points in the steps, still

I was a little suprised too. There was more quality that the scores show.

THIS.

Their Long program feels like a 4 and a half minute running around with a tiny break in the middle. I thought they were gonna die on the ice in Hesinki (and the costumes, what ?)
Does Mozer doesn't have any better ideas for them ? Or Robin for that matter ?
They could break world records to be honest, they have the elements.
What a waste.

That's what confuses me. Robin Szolkowy must have thought their long program was a good idea -- or at least he was willing to sign off on it, right?

Ah, well. Maybe I'll believe more in that program when it's done tomorrow, in front of a supportive crowd.

andromache

Record Breaker
Peter Tchernyeshev (sp?) choreographed the programs (he did their SP last season and a lot of Kavaguti/Smirnov programs like Clair de lune). Why is Mozer to blame?

The fact that Peter Tchernyeshev, whose work consistently impresses me, is responsible for the atrocity of an LP, completely boggles me.

ETA: Coaches and skaters have the final responsibility for choreography, IMO. It's their decision to present the choreographer's creation, good or bad.

Who did S/K's choreo this year?

gold12345

Medalist
what i am not fine with is two major mistakes... a fall and a very botched twist with barely any catch from him... and in first... by like 4-5 points? really?

Stolbova/Klimov's twist should have been -2, or -1 at the most, which most of the judges did do... But a few of them gave them 0s, which I can't understand. The twist is barely getting around and the catch is just poor. So their score should have been lower.

But to be fair, it's not as if Marchei/Hotarek have a good twist either. And Stolbova/Klimov's overall quality is better.

Tarasova/Morozov's twist and throw quality were really a welcomed sight in this field. They are very reserved on the ice, but Rach 2 is good music for them. Then again, the music cut was a little funky to try to cram Rach 2 into short program length.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS76.881video
2Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS71.392video
3Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA68.483
4Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS67.144video
5Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU CAN67.065video
6Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT59.356
7Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN USA54.377video
8Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET JPN48.938video