2017 GP Skate America Mens SP | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Mens SP

icybear

Medalist
And how will "the usfed" do that when the tech team is Australian, Korean and Russian, and there are judges from ISR KOR CHN GER JPN MEX RUS and CAN, not just USA? The audience is not overwhelmingly pro-US: there is a good proportion of Canadians, as the border is a relatively short drive from Lake Placid.

LOL! The same way they're inflated Gracie Gold at Worlds 2016 and the Russian and Canadian Fed have being doing this gp.

fireovertheice

On the Ice
You have to look at ALL the scores from both judges before getting all upset. Judge #6 also gave very high scores to Han Yan. And Judge #2 just happened to prefer Rippon to Chen, and liked Boyang better than Samohin.

If you have read well the beginning of my post (not only ...), that meant that to me both the scores of J2 and J6 are concerning from a point of view. It's not possibile that two judges in the same panel at an international competition like this give scores with this gap in SS and TR for the same skater and performance. I can understand some subjectivity in the others components scores, but not in SS and TR. It is something that they have to fix, i hope, discussing it in the panel and with the reviewers before the FS.

However, one count is to say that a judge gave 8.25 to a skater or 8.50 or to another in SS because she liked or noted maybe more some aspects of the SS of one or another, or 8.50 vs. 9.0 in IN or PE and so forth because she liked more this than that; another to give 10 - that is perfection - in PE and IN for that performance and 9.75 in SS and TR for that program with those kind of skate.
It's not only a problem of personal tastes here, but of what skaters are doing in reality with their bodies between jumps and not only in the StSq (and also there, if you look not only at the upper part of the body, but just to the feet...).
Really someone can explain to me how is possibile to give 9.75 in TR there? I ask because I want to learn and to understand better. Thank you in advance.

snd

On the Ice
damn, kovtun's sp is awesome. for the last two seasons he had empty programs and now that he actually has lots of interesting choreo, landing the jumps has become much more difficult. what a shame about the falls... if clean this would be great.

voronov did well. happy for han yan.

didn't like adam's jumps but he sold the heck out of that sp.

and then there's...

NATHAN NATHAN NATHAN

i've probaly posted such inanities here but whatever...so

NATHAN NATHAN!!!

not his best day.... also way too much two-footed skating here but i want that oly gold for him so bad.