2017 GP Skate Canada Ladies SP | Page 72 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Ladies SP

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
Marin's program was gorgeous, such a shame the jumps and spins didn't come together. Maybe the PCS should have been higher but overall it's fair. With the way Osmond has been skating I don't see her having any shot at gold and she has to contend with a 10+ point gap with everyone above her. It's gonna take a miracle, but I don't see Japan having anyone on the podium here, such a shame :(

Art&Sport

Medalist
Marin's program was gorgeous, such a shame the jumps and spins didn't come together. Maybe the PCS should have been higher but overall it's fair. With the way Osmond has been skating I don't see [Marin] having any shot at gold and she has to contend with a 10+ point gap with everyone above her. It's gonna take a miracle, but I don't see Japan having anyone on the podium here, such a shame :(

I think Marin can move up with a clean fp skate, but of course she has no chance for gold. And it will be difficult for Marin to reach the podium too, if other top contenders skate their best.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't think pogo was underwhelming tonight at all. I felt the energy in her and mariah.

Mariah did very well tonight! I hope she hangs on to that poduim!

I think you meant Maria - unless Bell snuck into this competition! :biggrin:

Congratulations to Osmond, she's not my cup of tea, but today she presented the best program, her performance and interpretation has improved a lot. But, I must say that I don't understand those GOE +3 over Maria's variation (I not saw many bullets in her execution). I think if she added more dif. she could rise her TES.
I was very nervous about Pogorilaya, she looked too alert and worried about her own movements, I think that affected her speed and flow. Even so her expression, and her transitions were fine. I hope she recovers, she needs to reach level 4 in spins.

Maria has never been among my favorites, I feel that even "I don't know her style", I think that is tied to that intentional softness, I think she has the potential to play a stronger program. I liked that her have added arm variation. I love Tanos.

I don't know what to think about the rest, many mistakes, I didn't expect it. Poor Ashley and Marin ...
I hope the American girls recover, and the glory times come back, we need more action and rivalry in the competition.
I like much Australian girl (i forgot her name, sorry), she is very charismatic. Rika's performance surprised me .

Everything can change in the LP. I need to see Pogo enter confidence.

Kailani Craine - I like her too! I think she's my new fave Aussie! :biggrin:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
How is it possible that this thread has 96 pages??? I'm not reading that... sorry. I don't care if you guys figured out the whole chicken/egg thing. Its too much.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
How is it possible that this thread has 96 pages??? I'm not reading that... sorry. I don't care if you guys figured out the whole chicken/egg thing. Its too much.

And we would be at 196 pages, had the judges at SC added an extra 5 points to top scorers, as has occurred at other events. Nice to see you normalcy, the sport has missed you!

Eislauf

On the Ice
I wish Ashley would eliminate that done-to-death, "seductive" knowing smirk she often resorts to when trying to look sexy or alluring. It's not attractive and makes her look a little trashy, actually, which is too bad, because she's a very pretty gal.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Let's get real, nor does Medvedeva.

If you gave her home bonuses, you should give others too. The difference is this is a far better program and better interpretation.

Medvedeva deserves 1000 PCS and a heavenly chariot made of diamonds

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I cheated and just looked at every other page after getting the dog off my lap..... ;)
High point, If I could only have ONE, was Pogo NOT going into the boards and thinking fast enough to pull in her leg to stop what would have been a disaster beyond comprehension.
Kudus to KO. You earned it.
CH is BACK!
Maria, Rika, and Marin, I love you.
Karen, dont ever scare me again by jumping so high! You owe me a pic with you, BTW.

rain

Record Breaker
A lot of drama went on in this segment...:popcorn:

1. Kaetlyn Osmond: As much as I loved this program last season, I wanted to see something new this time. Nevertheless, Kaetlyn is an engaging performer and she did very well in a field where almost everyone else had major mistakes, so she definitely shined here. I’d have her score a couple of points lower, but it’s a very well-deserved lead.
2. Anna Pogorilaya: As soon as I saw her score on the results page (couldn’t watch this live), I breathed a sigh a relief. She was struggling so much in practice, but look at how well she did here! Of course, we still have the FS to go, but a clean SP is a good start. She didn’t have that much fire either, but I think that’s more due to her focusing on not falling, so the presentation will surely improve once she gains more confidence.
3. Maria Sotskova: So will Maria be keeping last year’s dress permanently for this program? I don’t think it really fits the theme. Anyway, solid performance from her as usual, but I think that her program is missing a sparkle. I ended up loving her boring (and unpopular) FS from last season because there were beautiful moments throughout, but this SP feels a bit empty.
10. Marin Honda: I want to say that I’m shocked...but I’m really not. As soon as I heard that she’d be doing a 3Lz-3T, I had a bad feeling. This new program is gorgeous (too much arms in the step sequence though), and I hope that we’ll be able to see a clean version of it next week at COC. Right now, she’s scheduled to skate first tomorrow, so I hope she can go all out.

I disagree with you about Osmond going back to this program. I think it's extremely smart of her and her team. The Olympics is the biggest pressure cooker imaginable and from the start she has performed this SP to excellent results. Now it is almost second nature to perform it clean. Going into the SP at the Olympics, that kind of confidence and comfort with your material can be the difference between medalling and not. I thought every point of her score was well-deserved. Everything was delivered with finesse and confidence and she carries terrific speed throughout.

Which brings me to Pogorilaya, who put herself back in the conversation for the Russian Olympic team. I do not love her costume (too much illusion fabric that bleeds right into the gold, and it seems ill-fitting through her torso). But this is some of the best choreography I've seen from a Russian singles skater in years. That said, it's obviously new and she looked a bit nervous. Performed full out this could be a show-stopper – and she'll need it to even get out of Russia. It could really set her apart.

Maria Sotskova continues to be consistent and a little dull. She looked a little faster than last year, which is an improvement. I hate the tanos on all the jumps, only because her arm position in it is awful, simply awful. It's almost a negative GOE instead of a positive (to me, of course, not the judges).

Marin Honda - I've heard people rave about her for a couple of years, but I don't watch juniors so wasn't really familiar with her, but in spite of her struggles here, I think she has so much promise. Gorgeous skater and someone who seems to actually feel her music and know how to express it with her body. Hope she can pull it together and mount a comeback tomorrow.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha...the Turkish and Australian judges absolutely hated Masha :shocked:

I mean...highest PCS is 6.75 from judge no.6 :dbana:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have a question why is it some skaters have such love - Yuna, Mao, Hanyu, Jason, Sui and Han, Satoko, Mai, Carolina, and y et almost hatred to Chan, Duhamel and Radford, Osmond (Canadians oddly) Focussing her on the ladies I thought Kaetlyn looked pretty good PC and style wise. And she has a great command on the ice.

yeah... some of us have had this question for a while.... but when we point out that they are all Canadian, we get told to stop playing the poor Canadian victims...

Eclair

Medalist
Oh come on, Satoko and Carolina are getting just as much hate as Chan and a lot more than Duhamel/Radford and Kaetlyn. In fact, there isn't much hate for Kaetlyn at all.

Ashley gets double as much hate as Kaetlyn. Gracie got more hate than Kaetlyn. Evgenia gets more hate than Kaetlyn. Rika gets more hate than Kaetlyn. Anna gets more hate then Kaetlyn. Heck, even Elisabet Tursynbaeva gets more hate then Kaetlyn.

Shoma gets more hate than Patrick nowadays too. Boyang gets more hate than Patrick. Yuzuru definitely gets more hate than Patrick, but he also gets more love, the reaction is just more of everything. Kovtun gets more hate than Patrick nowadays.

So you can stop playing Canadian's are the victims now. :drama:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Its exciting I guess and there are a lot more posters with the Olympic year ahead.