2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In thy name, let all be uninjured and well.
By thy grace, let Brendan skate cleanly, that he may strive to show all his talent.
With thy power, let Jason show us the full strength of his power.
In the name of thy jumps, let nobody win who has fallen.
Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I much preferred the lineup at Rostelecom last week, but I am excited to see Nicolas & Cha Jun Hwan debut. Very surprised to see so many people put Samarin so high in their predictions...were you blinded by the silly scoring at the Cup of Russia? I suppose anything is possible, but I would not put my money on him. Especially not with those programs.

mrrice

Record Breaker
How is Patrick looking??? If I weren't already going to Nationals, I would have gone to this event.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
How is Patrick looking???

Nobody knows. He's been playing the Where's Waldo game with his fans. No show at practice today.

P.S. He's going for 1 quad SP and 2 quad LP at this event, shelving the 4S for now. We are anxious to see the debut of his new programs.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't he say in the summer that his programs will have multiple quads this season? I'm actually interested to see his improvements on the quads.

Yes he did. I'm eager to see them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
His bio says:

SP: Moonlight Sonata, performed by E.S. Posthumus, I'm No Angel (cover of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata) by Era; choreo by Maxim Zavozin, Irina Tagaeva, Tatiana Rozanova
FS: "La Naissance de Yaha" by Saint-Preux, "The Unforgiven III" by Metallica, "House of the Rising Sun, performed by Dave Evans; choreo by Maxim Zavozin, Irina Tagaeva, Tatiana Rozanova

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks like Brendan's changed his FS also. Pink Floyd was played for him in practice.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Brendan's changed his FS also. Pink Floyd was played for him in practice.

OK, so now I am really interested in seeing this program.

I would think that type of music would suit him very well.

Mussique

On the Ice
I'm glad he had his skates with him!! Javier Fernández had similar problems with his luggage some seasons ago —can't remember when exactly. What a mess! I hope he gets his costume in time...
Btw, but a bit off topic, I thought you couldn't carry your skates in your carry-on luggage... Because, you know, blunt objects, and blades!
Was I doing it wrong all this time? :O

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm glad he had his skates with him!! Javier Fernández had similar problems with his luggage some seasons ago —can't remember when exactly. What a mess! I hope he gets his costume in time...
Btw, but a bit off topic, I thought you couldn't carry your skates in your carry-on luggage... Because, you know, blunt objects, and blades!
Was I doing it wrong all this time? :O

Skates are not allowed in carry-on on international flights. Patrick is lucky they are allowed on domestic US flights and those to Canada. Lost luggage with skates in it has caused quite a few serious concerns for skaters.