2017 GPF Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs SP

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I'm gonna have to say I was as pissed as everyone else, when Chinese fed made the switch, but I really enjoy Yu/Zhang.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awww. Beautiful skate. Too bad on the fall.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Some lovely moments from Y/Z. They seemed a bit tentative. Not my favorite program for him. I think the free works better.

bobbob

Medalist
Too badd...they were very elegant...but the SBS and also the spin needs to be fixed, very slow

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
still beautiful, living for her arms, elevation and finishing of movement:love:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yu / Zhang

Tech: Wild step-out for Yu on sbs 3T. Good 3Twist and death spiral, both with Level 4. Circular step could be faster and more secure, but wonderful throw 3Lo. Fast rotation in the lift. A bit cautious and slow in the combo spin to finish.

Pres: Nice technical elements for the most part. I think their bodies portrayed Swan Lake better than their expression; that is, the composition is better than their interpretation. Zhang isn't as balletic or as strong in his positions as Yu is. A moderate performance.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank god the circle of death on IN has disappeared in time for the Seniors. I am so excited (and on a sugar high from stress eating white chocolate party mix) that I think I may stay awake for the pairs.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Not sure why the Olympic Channel is determined to start at the half hour mark . . .

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Yeah... I saw the height on it and it looked like a failed quad more than a great triple...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Swan Lake by Petr I. Tchaikovski

White dress / black outfit

3T - she stepout, hands down
3Tw4
FiDs4
StSq4
3LoTh
3Li4
PCoSp4

Shame about her jump, the rest was of good quality and all lvl 4

SP: 37.60+33.55-1.00 = 70.15, 1/1

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i just wish Yu would hold her landing on throw a bit longer so it would look more convincing, shame about the fall but performance wise they get better everytime!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Listen, I adore the Japanese audience--they are consummate pros. But could they maybe consider all flying over with the rest of the competition, K&C area, etc, to NYC? Getting up this early is hell on my sleep schedule. Plus NYC is a fun city. Really. :)

Just a suggestion!

:bed:

:think:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Thanks. Was going insane checking the lifestream thread to no avail, almost gave up and went back to bed angry. Geoblock can go to hell.