2017 JGP Austria Ladies FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Ladies FS

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
The junior ladies field continues to be great! First time I saw Tarakanova, and I love her energy. She's sure a stand out, and I hope she keeps that unique wildness.

My fave between all the ladies was Moa though, even if her jumps are, eh, lacking... to put it nice. And her PCS make me sad, given her skating skills, flow, feel for the music, performance quality, lovely movements... she should have definitely gotten more there. And she should not have been behind Starr, or nearly 10 points behind Mako. Sigh.
Also, looking at her protocol: she repeats the 3F, got clear "e"s for both, and had her 3Lz deemed clean - which she does only one of. What is that, dear Moa coaching team? :curse:

tars

Record Breaker
"Duchess" Tarakanova - yes, she is not Tarankova as some people write here - was way above everybody in this competition. Such a blast of pure energy and fierceness! Just wow! Yes, a bit rough if you compare her with Gubanova but she only begins. Zagitova's first JGP skating was rough as well.
:rolleye:

Gubanova at 10 skated better than that.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've never seen Moa skate before this weekend, but I see a diamond in the rough. She just skates with joy and her movements are very refined for someone so young. Yes, some issues with her jumps but she can work at that. I'm always amazed by the depth of the Japanese ladies (as well as the Russians). Mako is also a talent and she reminds me of a female Shoma (coincidence that they share the same coach?).

So sorry Gubanova is experiencing growing pains - I hope she can work through it as her style is so refined on the ice. Tarakanova is a powerhouse for sure but aesthetically she does nothing for me. I wish she would also ditch the tights over the boots thing. Eteri's camp is certainly churning them out for sure, it's hard to keep track of all the talent coming.

Also, congrats to Starr for coming in top 5 at a very competitive event. She tried the 3A and had a very ambitious layout with varying degrees of success.

ETA: also, congrats to Eunsoo on her silver medal and PB scores :) (btw, are we still calling her Squirtle or has her growth spurt changed that?, lol)

Tulipstar

Medalist
Loved the height of Tarakanova's jumps. Thought she would lift off upwards and not come down again at some point:laugh:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
aliev won jgp final last year, after placing 4th and 1st at his jgp events. altough he was 4th at his second assigment, but i'm still hoping that may be not everything is lost for gubanova. may be federation gonna be kind enough and anastasia gets her 2nd spot

I don't think so, though, because unlike with men, there's literally ladies who made it to the JGPF last year and other ladies who are also insane that don't have one spot. And they're going to want to give that spot to one of them, I think.

russianfan

Match Penalty
i just can't decide right now, who i like more - Trusova or Tarakanova... they both have very different styles, and i like them both.
Trusova has an insanely good technique and pretty good presentation, but i think she's kinda too young to perform flirty programs like her current SP, so i like her FP much more.
Tarakanova has an unique ability to perform at a crazy tempo, fierce, breathtaking programs, you just can't be distracted by anything while watching her. Also, her spins...:love: the ending of her SP is just WOW, i rewatched it like 10 times and still can't get enough. Kudos to Daniil, those programs fit her extremely well :thumbsup:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
One question.

Someone please correct me but I've never seen this before. It's a very interesting exit with hands behind her back
https://youtu.be/TaPTCOtEC7o?t=170

so if anyone has seen this done before, please say so because otherwise it's nice to see some innovation.

tjb

Match Penalty
I don't think so, though, because unlike with men, there's literally ladies who made it to the JGPF last year and other ladies who are also insane that don't have one spot. And they're going to want to give that spot to one of them, I think.

gubanova is the only russian lady in the juniors team who made it to the final last year (nugumanova was in the final due to withdrawal of tsurskaya) and she was 2nd in the final. this year she recieved her 2nd spot ahead of everyone, so clearly she considered by federation to be a top lady.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
aliev won jgp final last year, after placing 4th and 1st at his jgp events. altough he was 4th at his second assigment, but i'm still hoping that may be not everything is lost for gubanova. may be federation gonna be kind enough and anastasia gets her 2nd spot

Sofia Samodurova last year placed 4th at JGP Japan with two clean performances and a total score over the 180 points and many people thought she deserved a medal. Even in that case the fed decided to not give her the second assignment.

So i'm pretty sure that after this performance Anastasiia is done until nationals where she has to skate clean and it might not be enough anyway.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
this year she recieved her 2nd spot ahead of everyone, so clearly she considered by federation to be a top lady.

Things change.
Guliakova with her silver is in a better position and her jumps are just fine, plus she has the 3A that became unusable due to that boot issue that is now fixed. Right now they have a 1-1-2, with 2 more girls to go next week (even if it is against Kihira) so we could easily get a 1-1-2-2 and then, there're Konstantinova and Samodurova and yeah ... they have 4 spots in the last 2 JGPs. If they find themselves with 1-1-1-2-2 or more, sticking with her will be difficult as she didn't mess up just her SP, her FS was off too.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
The junior ladies field continues to be great! First time I saw Tarakanova, and I love her energy. She's sure a stand out, and I hope she keeps that unique wildness.

My fave between all the ladies was Moa though, even if her jumps are, eh, lacking... to put it nice. And her PCS make me sad, given her skating skills, flow, feel for the music, performance quality, lovely movements... she should have definitely gotten more there. And she should not have been behind Starr, or nearly 10 points behind Mako. Sigh.
Also, looking at her protocol: she repeats the 3F, got clear "e"s for both, and had her 3Lz deemed clean - which she does only one of. What is that, dear Moa coaching team? :curse:

Possibly because at her last competition it was reversed and that didn't work out so well. She fell on her first 3Lz attempt (3Lz<<) and popped the other. Seems like at home she usually gets a way with an unclear edge call on her 3F so maybe her team felt this was a safer bet? :confused2: Just speculating~

tjb

Match Penalty
Sofia Samodurova last year placed 4th at JGP Japan with two clean performances and a total score over the 180 points and many people thought she deserved a medal. Even in that case the fed decided to not give her the second assignment.

So i'm pretty sure that after this performance Anastasiia is done until nationals where she has to skate clean and it might not be enough anyway.

in that case sofia skated her best and still was not able to medal. while anastasia skated her worse and came 4th. and everyone knows what anastasia is capable of when she skates her best.
of course i'm not keeping my hopes very high. but she's already recieved her spot. all they need is not to take it away

vorravorra

Record Breaker
gubanova is the only russian lady in the juniors team who made it to the final last year (nugumanova was in the final due to withdrawal of tsurskaya) and she was 2nd in the final. this year she recieved her 2nd spot ahead of everyone, so clearly she considered by federation to be a top lady.
What about Zagitova (who actually won the JGPF)?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
she's a senior this year
Ah OK, you mean one who is still a junior now. But last year didn't have Trusova, Guliakova, Tarakanova, Panenkova and possibly Vasilieva. If Nastya was against Nugumanova, I would say, go with Nastya by all means, but she isn't, not this season.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
And I think this should be mentioned - Nastya Tarakanova has been with Eteri only since May this year, she is Svetlana Panova's girl (Maria Sotskova's former coach). She still skates like she is Panova's girl.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
And I think this should be mentioned - Nastya Tarakanova has been with Eteri only since May this year, she is Svetlana Panova's girl (Maria Sotskova's former coach). She still skates like she is Panova's girl.

Yes, although with Svetlana Panova she was more inconsistent (always one-two mistakes in the two programs)

I think this summer she has worked on the lutz which looks now more reliable.