2017 JGP Austria Ladies FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Ladies FS

euroskate

Final Flight
Just watching videos now.
Starrs dress is like the best ever i have Seen. The illusion mes looks like her skin and it looked like rinestones where on her skin. This with gold Brown skin is just everything

euroskate

Final Flight
Mako reacting in her Fall is telling everything in her personality showing in ice - in a good way

euroskate

Final Flight
Tarakanova seriously needs some help in hairdo and Make up, but like thats the only thing you can critizise

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I forgot to upload my impressions.

Anastasia Tarakanova -> only 4 months with Eteri and she looks already more consistent. I like her (very emotional skater, you don't see it so much in junior figure skating) though i've to say i liked the SP more than the FP, but still very interesting transitions, huge jumps (her lutz is a beauty) and lovely spins.

Eun Soo Lim -> beautiful costume, but not a huge fan of this program either. Can we discuss this way of copying Yuna Kim by the korean coaches? okay Yuna is a good model to follow since she was the complete package at that time and here the entrance on the lutz and the flip and some of the spins are soo Yuna Kim and it is fine but it gets repetitive and for today figure skating we'd like to see more transitions. Anyway she is a really solid skater, definitely a contender for a spot at the GPF.

Mako Yamashita -> She is so cute, the first half of the program was really promising with that beautiful 3ltz-3t-2t, then in the 2nd half she got tired unfortunately. The program was nice though Madame Butterfly is such a warhorse music among the japanese skaters.

Anastasiia Gubanova -> she was much more nervous than last year, she attacked slowly some of the jumps and fell twice even in the free skate. Artistically she is still lovely, the free program much more similar to last year programs than the SP. Unfortunately i don't think she has many chances to get the second assignment, that's how deep is the russian field right now.

Starr Andrews -> i've heard some people saying that she is the most promising girl in the US. I don't want to sound salty but she looks all sizzle and no steak. That 3A was a pointless attempt if she can't do it better than that (looking at the protocols, with 1.87 points is less than a clean 2a), it reminded me all the cheated 3As from Tonya Harding and Kimmie Meissner; since she struggles a lot with the underrotations and other aspects of her skating she should focus on that instead of the 3A. I think her packaging isn't great either: the choreography didn't match the music (which is very powerful) at all. I think Kaetlyn Nguyen is a much more solid skater overall.

Kara

Final Flight
CONGRATULATIONS TO MY GIRL EUNSOO FOR A WELL DESERVED SILVER!!!!!:yahoo::hap57::dance3: Last year she was the only non-Russian and non-Japanese girl to make it on the podium and this year, she has accomplished the feat once again!!!:peace: On top of that, I believe she is the only Korean ladies skater since Yuna to get a level 4 on the step sequence! And that GOE too!!!:cheer2: I'm still dead tired so I'll re-watch the rest later, but I'm feeling 1000% happy for her. Although I have to say, I wanted her to snatch the silver, but not so sure if I wanted it to happen at Gubanova's expense.:(

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Finally got to watch Tarakanova in the FS!!! Yass!!! This girl actually has some good personality and in spite of the been there done that choreography she finds a way to add a bit of distinction. She is really good at the transitions game. Eteri's students always load transitions into and out of everything but not all of her students can use their edges as effectively as as Nas2ya. Those spread eagles aren't just displayed but actually leave a mark on the ice and you can tell she commits to them!

I like her a lot but I'll admit it might be her determination at this point. What a fierce girl!! I can't resist her will :eek::

Kara

Final Flight
I overall enjoyed this competition a lot more than Brisbane's to be honest where the only real standout was Trusova.

Moa - GOD HER COSTUMES ARE SO LOVELY. Her protocols are also really tragic to look at. URS and downgrades. She has so much presence on the ice and is gorgeous to watch, but the jumps..Loved the spread eagle and the one handed Biellman. She's had the underrotation issue for a long time now, but I didn't know it was this severe.:palmf: Give her the 2nd spot though JSF!

Starr - Love her costume too. The ladies not disappointing when it comes to style! This is also my favorite Whitney Houston song! I really love her guts for going for the 3A, but I enjoyed her SP more. She definitely seemed tired here.

Gubanova - Every Russian skater I love brings me heartache. She's such a beautiful skater with wonderful lines, musicality, and skating skills to die for. The step sequence was absolutely breathtaking. The exit out of the last 2A was gorgeous too. Even with mistakes, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. It just didn't come together at Austria and while I understand the Russian fed wants to have as many girls in the JGPF as possible so she's likely going to lose her 2nd spot, I hope that she'll still compete in singles this year and there will be videos or fancams for it. She does not deserve to get buried.:( Also the highlighter on her brow and cheeks is so so bright! I would never be able to pull it off, but she looks spectacular.

Mako - Oh dear girl your eyebrows...:slink: Her lutz is amazing!! The spread eagle near the end is also gorgeous! I can never say no to a good spread eagle. I like her LP a lot more than her SP, but I'm still not really captured by her skating though her expression at the end was cute. She has all the qualities of a well rounded skater and probably the 2nd leading junior girl after Kihira.

Eunsoo - GAH SHE IS JUST SO GORGEOUS. Her legs, her style, her costumes, the headpiece. I LOVE HERR!! I am a megafan, but she was not herself for the SP and even more so for the LP. She got off the music pretty often and the fire that she usually shows wasn't really there. Also looking tired, but I hope that it's mostly just jetlag that's leading to this and not that she's sick or injured or something. So because of all this, I'm not screaming for more PCS for her, but I just think it's lol how she got her highest component score in skating skills of all things. If it was me I would have not given her as much skating skills and instead given more performance, but whatever. Overall a bit disappointed in her showing this time even coming from a huge fan because I know she can do so much better, BUT she deserved her silver and now her chances for JGPF has increased so much!!! The quest for winning the lottery for tickets to JGPF in Nagoya has begun!! Please come with 100% for your 2nd spot and work on those spins and skating skills.

Tarakanova - She is SOO FAST!! And WILD!! AND I LOVE HER!!!:party: The dress is beautiful with gorgeous colors, but the light colored skirt under looks strange to me. The music choice is also so on point and her lutzes just reach the sky. I didn't like her SP (and that may change if I rewatch it a couple more times) because I was just really puzzled by some of the choreographic choices, but her LP really won me over. Trusova was the same for me where I didn't really like her SP but the LP was great and I honestly don't know which I prefer. Trusova has a look that intimidates me and makes me respect her when she's only 13, but Tarakanova makes me want to pinch her cheeks after and feed her yummy food.:laugh: The FCCoSp spin too. God, goosebumps everywhere. I was initially confused as to why she had won over Trusova and the other Eteri kids in novice, but I see why now. She has so much passion and commitment in her and I hope that she continues to have it. And maybe pin or gel down some of those babies hairs. They were all over 5 seconds into the program.:laugh:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
They already replaced Moa Iwano for her 2nd assignment? What in the actual hell, in the middle of the competition?!

ETA Ok lets give them the benefit of doubt, fingers crossed.

Moa is now listed for the POL event, of which entries were just released today.