2017 JGP Belarus Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Free Dance

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Avonley Nguyen/Vadym Kolesnik (USA) skating to Westside Story. Her in a red dress with a fluttery long skirt and him in a black V neck shirt with a white undershirt, and black pants.

Impressed with their twizzle sequence (even if the unison lacked toward the end)

Beautiful lift.

Oh no, Avonley fell on the footwork randomly. Must have caught an edge or a rut in the ice because it was so random. Vadym helped her get up safely though.

Lovely rotational lift.

And now we are in the DRAMA part of the program.

If it wasn't for already knowing it, I wouldn't have thought it was their first JGP.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So apparently a new partnership. Shame about the fall, but they're young and new, very promising.

larat

On the Ice

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ashlynne Stairs/Lee Royer (CAN) - her in a blue dress with obligatory sparkles and him in a white collared shirt with a red undershirt, navy vest, and black pants.

I may have gotten distracted by food.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yep. They were really helped by the judging panel here though. Mistakes and a fall and still better then some other teams with clean programs - not sure

Can't speak to the scoring; I'm not that knowledgeable in ice dance. I think Ted's got it right--bright future, still lots of work to do.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yay for Ashlynne and Lee...

I love how Wing and Lowe's legacy is reaching the new generations... they never made a huge international splash back in their days but they were "the" team in Canada that was always expertly trained, so stable and consistent... and they seem to have given that to this young team.

I also find them very cute.. hehe ;)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Anastasia Skoptcova/Kirill Aleshin (RUS) - her in a black dress with a slight slit on one side of the skirt, with lots of silver and red rhinestones bordering the edge and the opening on the back and the neckline. Him in a black collared shirt with a red vest and black pants.

Interesting rotation with her leg all the way in the air

They're another very talented team.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, she's only 16? She looks so much older than that. Definitely an enjoyable performance; curious to see where they place in the end.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hmm... not sure about a 15 year old skating to this... though i loved A/R's sp to this in their partnership debut.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Arina Ushakova/Maxim Nekrasov (RUS) - her in a red/black dress with a torn-fabric-looking bottom of the skirt. Him in a T-shirt with a graphic on it, a light-to-dark-grey gradient jacket with a red lining, and black pants. Skating to "Be Italian" from "Nine"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITALIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Last up, Christina Carreira/Anthony Ponomarenko (USA) - her in a dark purpley very sparkly dress with lighter purple bat wings (lol) and him in a dark purplish shirt with either matching pants or black pants (can't tell b/c lighting but I'm leaning towards matching.)

THE BATWINGS ARE SO DISTRACTING

Anthony has grown up so much since these days: http://web.icenetwork.com/images/2012/09/15/b5QqGNeU.jpg

He really is a great skater. Even with all the DRAMA FACES in this program.

That should be a win for them.

They are a talented team.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It won't be long before Anthony takes his place as one of the best male Ice dancers in the world in the Senior ranks and he's still only 16.