2017 JGP Belarus Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Short Dance

jemmabrie17

Rinkside
Yuhzu and Pengkun - Sparkles for the win!:yay: are they a new pairing? they don't seem to have a confident read on eachother yet, they looked a bit inhibited with one another. lacked a bit of cohesiveness. but that's all common with new pairings obvi :p. there is definitely good potential here.

Arina and Maxim - exburence and pure enthusiasm super on point again! it just goes to show you that you can put a latin beat over almost anything. If there's a will there's a way. really fast with pretty nice flow and continuity. nicely controlled all in all. They make their lift transitions look sooo effortless! room for improvement with the step sequences but pretty good! a little far apart and off balance with the twizzles , but they held on to them. a little frenetic but, that great energy was utilized to their advantage here. really nice all around skate.

Anastasia and Kirill - I quite like their dynamic. Anastasia has this understated sass and it works quite well in this program. really nice lines from both, esp Anastasia. twizzles are so close together while retaining good speed, like they slayed those!:clap: Looking a little careful, a little loose in their step sequence but this is their first international comp of the year (?) so that's most likely a factor. nice and refined overall. fantastic lift. I would like to see a little more latin definition and all around punctuation within their movments for the faster rhythms. but overall a really good first SD outing of the year!!

Avonley and Vadym - oh my goodness she performed the heck out of that. You can tell they are a new couple but they seem to mesh quite well. They had great stage ( arena????) presence, and what I really liked about them is despite their short statures their movements were really "BIG" and confident. they fought for those twizzles and they are a little far apart .room for improvement with the step sequences. Did she wack him in the face or was it just a close call? lol. all and all really sound first outing as a team!!

really enjoyable event!!! :hap36:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Great job today, Avonley & Vadym! I just love her. She has IT for me. Nice skate for such a brand new partnership and their first outing in junior international competition. One performance at a time.

Overall, a really nice set of SD performances. Ushakova & Nekrasov really dealt with the fast movement with confidence. A lot more confidence for Christina than in Austria (Anthony looked more nervous here). Good attack for Stairs & Royer. I was a little disappointed with Skoptcova & Aleshin's program today, but it is only their debut this season so should get stronger. Overall, the top five really brought some attack. Great to see.