2017 JGP Belarus Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Short Dance

jemmabrie17

Rinkside
Christina and Anthony - This is the most confident and in command that they have looked with this program yet. really good speed and control. pretty nice edge work. I don't know if it was just me but Christina looked quite a bit more technically solid and precise than at Lake Placid and Salzburg. yay finally some solid twizzles! a little imbalanced on the second, but still the best so far. all and all very nice presentation and execution.

Karina and Maksim - they looked a lot more comfortable this time around. there was more definition within their general movement, particularly noticeable in the step sequences. still on the shaky side but I thought it was an all around improvement from Riga. they look more confident in their ability and it showed in this performance :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ashlynne STAIRS/Lee ROYER (CAN)
her in bright pink dress with silver trim and side-split skirt, him in black lace shirt with vee neck

twizzles very good!
no touchy steps
dance break
pattern
straight line lift very good

i like it like that!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So is it the Rumba/Cha-Cha SP thing that has lead every guy to have a black outfit with a deep V-neck?

like maybe. I feel like i could just copy-paste the same costume description for every guy, because they're all variants on hte same theme

jemmabrie17

Rinkside
Ashlynne and Lee - loved their attitude. they have great chemistry. okay twizzles. really nice no touch step sequence. I really liked their straight line lift. you can see they're working hard on trying to refine their general technique. :)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
like maybe. I feel like i could just copy-paste the same costume description for every guy, because they're all variants on hte same theme

You can keep using the copy-paste. Doesn't seem to have changed much in this last group either. :rolleye:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Well, I didn't expect Love the Way You Lie in the middle of this particular music cut.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Reckon it'll be every man in the whole dance comp?

I didn't catch the first group so can't confirm but so far it's like there was an institionalized SD uniform for men, the way they're all dressed the same.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
OMG Kirill doesn't have a V-neck! The shock!

Still all black, though.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anastasia SKOPTCOVA/Kirill ALESHIN (RUS) (I wonder if he's related to the indycar driver Mikhail?)
her in a black dress with a deep vee and silver trim on the vee with fringe skirt, and him in...surprise surprise, a black shirt, though this one with shiny black applique

curve lift gorgeous
twizzles very nice!
pattern
no touchy steps

omg i liked them best! they were great! theirs seemed more...mature than others.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I didn't catch the first group so can't confirm but so far it's like there was an institionalized SD uniform for men, the way they're all dressed the same.

pretty sure they were all black in the first group, too.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Back to the deep V-necks.

I'm not sure if this fast tempo wasn't a bit too much for Lucy and Thomas.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lucy BARTON/Thomas INGALL (CZE)
her in bright pink dress with ruffle skirt and silver sparkles, him in black shirt with deep wide vee and we got a nip slip as they were taking position

twizzles he stumbles
pattern
no touchy steps
rotational lift good

lots of energy!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ok. one couple to go. are we going to go 100% on the black shirts?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
ok. one couple to go. are we going to go 100% on the black shirts?

Yes.

Now I feel the need to compare to previous JGPs.

Edit: There's also a surprisingly large number of pink dresses.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND IT'S A BLACK SHIRT WITH A VEE NECK *throws hands in the air*

Avonley NGUYEN/Vadym KOLESNIK (USA)
her in a pink dress with ribbon skirt and gold sparkles, him in *sigh* you know it

twizzles a bit wobbly
pattern she is giving LOTS of face it's great
straight line lift very good
oops my stream is like no.
*pokes stream*
no touchy steps

wheeee that was very good!