2017 JGP Latvia Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Free Dance

starla16

Medalist
Konkina / Yakushev still have the highest FD russians score. Now their chances of going to JGPF just got better with Shpilevaya/Smirnov silver, whom still haven't improved their levels. For Carreira / Ponomarenko and Shevchenko/Eremenko how many points do they have now ?

chameleon

On the Ice
thanks, so Carreira / Ponomarenko, Polischuk / Vakhnov and Shevchenko/Eremenko are almost certain to get to the JGPF, the Isrealis have done 2 events.

Shpilevaya/Smirnov - Konkina/Yakushev are almost tied, so whomever wins from S/S or K/Y in their next event gets into the JGPF too.
Two golds or a gold and silver qualify you automatically, so yes, anyone who already has a win has an advantage. Skoptcova/Aleshin haven't debuted yet, they'll face off with Carreira/Ponomarenko in the next event.

Polischuk/Vakhnov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, and Konkina/Yakushev do not currently have second events(presumably that will change). Shpilevaya/Smirnov's next event is Croatia where they'll be against Lajoie/Lagha who also got silver with a similar score in Australia. It's going to be a tight race.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Shpilevaya/Smirnov :cry: Such a beautiful performance but those levels :scard7: Once this gets cleaned up levels-wise it should score quite well. I am a bit surprised though that none of this was caught at the test skates. They should be ahead of L/L at the next event unless L/L have significantly upped their game.

Shevchenko/Eremenko were interesting. Something different.

corynna

On the Ice
I really loved both russian teams. Shpilevaya/Smirnov showed so much emotion and the program suits them perfectly. They need to fix those levels quickly but I am sure that this program will score much higher in future assignments.
Shevchenko/Eremenko really improved a lot compared to last season. Innovative and dinamic program. I can see a final with 5 russian teams + 1 US team.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I really loved both russian teams. Shpilevaya/Smirnov showed so much emotion and the program suits them perfectly. They need to fix those levels quickly but I am sure that this program will score much higher in future assignments.
Shevchenko/Eremenko really improved a lot compared to last season. Innovative and dinamic program. I can see a final with 5 russian teams + 1 US team.

This seems pretty likely - the only other strong contender right now is the Canadian team, Lajoie/Lagha

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Really shocked at their low score, I thought they might break 90, they didn't even break 80.

Breaking 90 will be much harder this season. The total possible base value in the junior FD has gone down.

thoakun

Final Flight
I don't follow much junior ice dance but I happened to catch Taillefer/Chan's stunning Penny Dreadful FD :love:. Styling was also on point. Many times teams with no chance of medaling have really good programs.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
I don't follow much junior ice dance but I happened to catch Taillefer/Chan's stunning Penny Dreadful FD :love:. Styling was also on point. Many times teams with no chance of medaling have really good programs.

I was really impressed with Taillefer/Chan's program as well, so well constructed and just lovely to watch, I was a bit disappointed that their ranking is so low.

The gold performance from Shevchenko and Eremenko is ...... very different (in a good way). That's the first word come into my mind :biggrin: They are awesome and with such solid skating skill, it would be good to see them debut in senior circuit and maybe rock the podium in few years time.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was really disappointed for S/S but I really did enjoy the performance S/E. it's going to be really competitive to see which 3 teams make the Russian junior team, they are all very close ATM. Does anyone know why the twizzles of S/S were only a Lv1?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why the twizzles of S/S were only a Lv1?

I haven't rewatched, and I skipped over the analysis section; but my mother thought perhaps they took too many steps between sets. (Skaters are allowed to take a step between sets, but I don't know about multiple steps). Even if that wasn't the issue, I'm thinking the problem is likely an easy fix.

Barb

Record Breaker
I haven't rewatched, and I skipped over the analysis section; but my mother thought perhaps they took too many steps between sets. (Skaters are allowed to take a step between sets, but I don't know about multiple steps). Even if that wasn't the issue, I'm thinking the problem is likely an easy fix.

your mom is ice dance fan!?? :eek:, sooo cool!! :cool14: