2017 JGPF Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Free Dance

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Anastasia SKOPTCOVA & Kirill ALESHIN remind me of Yanovskaya & Mozgov skating to a tango that makes them look mature as juniors.
Great score, Carreira & Ponomarenko will have to deliver.

S/A are very sophisticated, especially for a junior team. That might make a Junior/Senior transition way easier.

Giselle

Medalist
Wow I think SKOPTCOVA & ALESHIN have got this, I found Carreira & Ponomarenko shaky, slow during the spin and far appart during the step sequence.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ted Barton! He commentates on the JGPs! This is the first time I've heard someone else with him.

Cathy provides great insights having been an ice dancer herself :biggrin:

Yay Anastasia and Kirill win!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Wow I think SKOPTCOVA & ALESHIN have got this, I found Carreira & Ponomarenko shaky, slow during the spin and far appart during the step sequence.

And you were right. I felt the exact same, obvious when seeing couples back to back. Very far apart on steps and much shakier than usual maybe. S/A very much deserve to win here.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Congratulations to Skoptcova and Aleshin! Another junior dance team I need to pay closer attention too.

Carreira/Ponomarenko have the kind of program you get lost in and are surprised when it's over. Cathy Reed commented that during the step sequence, Anthony is skating to the piano and Christina to the melody. I'll have to go back and watch.

On to the ladies! :drama:

keasus

On the Ice
That's funny. I thought S/A's skating was tedious with awkward lifts. I would have had them 3rd in FS behind C/P and the other Russian couple.

Giselle

Medalist
Anyone knows if Shpilevaya & Smirnov plan on skating at Russian Nationals? AFAIK it's their last year of junior eligibility it would be sad not to be able to skate at all.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm not a fan of dance but I really like the junior final specially the russian pairs ... all have different music and their unique style .. and I like that ... and I like that in SP latina was latina and not a pop american music turn in latina ...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Thought it was a very good free dance. All the couples had a different styles and all skated well. I really expected C/P to win this but I don’t think they were quite at their best whereas S/A probably skated their very best. I think the tango programme gave them a level of maturity. I was surprised to see that Ponomarenko is only 16, he has been on the JGP series for a few years.

I was slightly worried for P/V but they skated very well here. Their Swan Lake is getting better with each performance, she is very balletic, still a few to many music cuts for me. I like his new hair, it really suits him. Loved S/E, this is a really different free dance, it stands out from everyone. U/N a performance full of attack and energy, they have plenty of years to come. I think the Canadians were disappointed with their score, I like it but it felt like a performance I have seen a 100 times from the Montreal times.

I like Cathy Reed’s commentary, it was good to have the insight of an athlete, she was very complimentary to everyone.