2017 Nebelhorn Trophy Entries and Info | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Nebelhorn Trophy Entries and Info

GF2445

Record Breaker
Thank you Andrea for the recap of all the dance scores. It is very interesting. I expect Coomes/Buckland to make it and Germans should benefit from the home advantage. The Japanese seem much stronger this year and the Koreans are consistent. Surprisingly, the Lithuanians got the highest score out of other contenders. I am curious about the Hungarians! And let's not forget the Danish reps are very unlikely to go, so let's watch for that 6th spot in here.

Yeah, Penny and Nick should breeze through easily. I just want them to skate their best and create a mid-top ten upset at the Olympics.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Burak DEMIRBOGA replaces Engin Ali ARTAN, and Sila SAYGI replaces Birce ATABEY for Turkey

viennaskater

Medalist
PATRICK for the WIN!!!! :)

But wouldn't it be way more INTERESTING if someone else got it??

Update: only just noticed he's not competing after all. Was surprised he was coming in the first place - long way to travel if you've already got an Olympic spot.

viennaskater

Medalist
Hi all. I'm getting ready to catch a plane from Seattle on Monday to come to this competition. My wife and I attended in 2013 the last time the final entrants for the Olympics were chosen. It was a great competition but it was more heart wrenching than I expected as the skaters struggled to do their best with a lot on the line. For some skaters, it was wonderful to see how they grasped their opportunities and performed extremely well. Sadly this time I will be coming without my wife who died this past March. I will have a friend with me from Munich who is totally new to watching skating competitions live.

I would love to meet any Golden Skaters that are in attendance. I will be wearing my golden baseball cap with "Golden Skate" stitched in blue on the front. If anyone sees me, please come up and introduce yourselves. And, Alex D, I hope we have the opportunity to renew our acquaintance—it was a great pleasure to talk with you in 2013.

I'm going with a friend of mine so I may look you up to say hello - met a few Golden Skaters last week in Bratislava.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Hi all. I'm getting ready to catch a plane from Seattle on Monday to come to this competition. My wife and I attended in 2013 the last time the final entrants for the Olympics were chosen. It was a great competition but it was more heart wrenching than I expected as the skaters struggled to do their best with a lot on the line. For some skaters, it was wonderful to see how they grasped their opportunities and performed extremely well. Sadly this time I will be coming without my wife who died this past March. I will have a friend with me from Munich who is totally new to watching skating competitions live.

I would love to meet any Golden Skaters that are in attendance. I will be wearing my golden baseball cap with "Golden Skate" stitched in blue on the front. If anyone sees me, please come up and introduce yourselves. And, Alex D, I hope we have the opportunity to renew our acquaintance—it was a great pleasure to talk with you in 2013.

Hi Paul,

yes I remember you.

Sadly, I have to cancel my trip to Nebelhorn, as I was not able to get a press ID this year. The press capacities are very limited, so that professional media (big outlets), get the spots before us freelancers...

Since my only reason to go to Oberstdorf is the trophy and to write about it, I decided to not attend at all. I still have a room so I might still visit Oberstdorf, but then purely for sightseeing purposes.

I am very sorry about this, as I wanted to give the forum crowd the same service of the past years, but this is not within my power. :(

Thanks for understanding and again I am very sorry!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Marco KLEPOCH (SVK) was removed, along with substitute Michael NEUMAN (SVK)

Alex D

Record Breaker
About Patrick

I only wanted to tell you, that Patrick is not injured or anything similar. I know why he isn´t here, but promised to not tell, sorry.

But again, it is not health related.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I only wanted to tell you, that Patrick is not injured or anything similar. I know why he isn´t here, but promised to not tell, sorry.

But again, it is not health related.

well thank you for telling us that he is healthy... that's the principal thing...

however, bad bad for not telling the whole story LOL ;) we want to know ... but kudos for respecting your word and not saying ;)

the issue I have if it's not health is that he no longer has a pre-season event and with two new programs IMHO, he really needed to get out there.... oh well... I hope this decision (not going to a series b or not being able to go or whatever) doesn't bite him in his glorious butt...

thanks for calming our spirits though... we love our chiddy

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
well thank you for telling us that he is healthy... that's the principal thing...

however, bad bad for not telling the whole story LOL ;) we want to know ... but kudos for respecting your word and not saying ;)

the issue I have if it's not health is that he no longer has a pre-season event and with two new programs IMHO, he really needed to get out there.... oh well... I hope this decision (not going to a series b or not being able to go or whatever) doesn't bite him in his glorious butt...

Cool it buddy. Patrick would have told us if he were injured. If it's something he's not ready to tell us yet, then of course Alex D is not telling either. Whatever it is, he must be choosing the best course.

Thanks, Alex D for the message.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Cool it buddy. Patrick would have told us if he were injured. If it's something he's not ready to tell us yet, then of course Alex D is not telling either. Whatever it is, he must be choosing the best course.

Thanks, Alex D for the message.

sorry i am out of tea

anyways... we know Patrick is in Vancouver... not exactly next door to Nebelhorn

eupatino

Spectator
The Nebelhorn Trophy will take place from the 27th - 30th September, holding the Olympic Figure Skating Qualifying Competition for the 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games.

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...rn-trophy-2017-olympic-qualifying-competition

Announcement
Schedule
Entries/results
First Information
Forms

Eisportzentrum Oberstdorf

Google Maps

Announcement:

Ice Sport Centre

Social Media Contact:

Eisportzentrum Oberstdorf

Deutsche Eislauf - Union

Livestream:

https://www.dailymotion.com/skatingvideos

Tickets:

TBA

Hi guys
About the Live Streaming, is it available only for Germany? Here in Brazil I can't access

thanks

Skatie

On the Ice

Just saw a tweet that he's skipping to give more time to break in new boots

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just saw a tweet that he's skipping to give more time to break in new boots

yup ... i saw that too... but it's hardly something that anyone would promise not to reveal ;)

as Alex D said ... all that matters is that he is healthy... the rest is up to him to talk about, if/when he feels like it.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
She was really impressive at the Asian Games and Universiade last season, so I adopted her! [emoji3]

Here's her Fan Fest:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?63918

Can't wait to see her at the Olympics.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST AIZA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan
Thanks so much! I just watched her FS performance from the 2017 Winter Universade. She has some serious spins and quality technique! I can see a magnetic performer on the verge of breaking out of her shell. That was so charming and lovely to see her compete in front of a home crowd. So cool!