Yasmine Kimiko YAMADA SUI 33 S
35 Thita LAMSAM THA 34
36 Birce ATABEY TUR 35
Sila SAYGI TUR 35 S
37 Anna KHNYCHENKOVA UKR 36
Anastasia GOZHVA UKR 36 S
38 Zahra LARI UAE 37

Thirty-six ladies for six spots. From them consider:

Anastasia Galyustan-the highest-placed skater from Worlds here, though she was three places behind the final qualifier there
Kailani Craine-Only half a point behind Galyustan at Worlds
Kerstin Frank-Made it four years ago, but might find it harder this time around
Isadora Williams-Last one in last time, where she also finished last, also facing heavier odds
Amy Lin-Capable of scoring high enough to probably make it, but on the inconsistent side
Elizaveta Ukolova-Qualified four years ago, usually hasn't skated well since (but she won the Czech qualifier)
Natasha McKay-Attracted some notice last year, though would need to continue her move upward
Niki Wories-Might or might not have qualified at Worlds had her federation been willing to send her (had she gotten her placement from 2016 she would've narrowly missed)
Anne Line Gjersem-Qualified four years ago, and has a top twenty finish at Worlds to her name, though this year's didn't go as well
Shuran Yu-Just missed qualifying for the free skate at Worlds
Joshi Helgesson-There being no room for her on the Swedish team four years ago was a complete tragedy, and she came in fourth at Europeans once, but since her sister retired she's been struggling
Alexia Paganini-Was going nowhere in the U.S. ladies field, so crashed Switzerland's test skate and suddenly they had a lady good enough to do it
Anna Khnychenkova-Made top twenty at 2016 Worlds, but hasn't been consistent of late

Galyustan and Craine are most likely, Paganini's looking good, and maybe pencil Helgesson in with them, though who knows about her these days. For the last two spots, I'll go with Wories and Gjersem.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Olympic Qualifying: Pairs

Entries from countries not yet qualified:

1 Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR AUS 1
Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS AUS 1 S
2 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT 2
3 Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK BLR 3
5 Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE 5
6 Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM PRK 6
9 Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR 8
10 Darja BEKLEMISCSEVA / Mark MAGYAR HUN 9
11 Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR 10
Hailey Esther KOPS / Artem TSOGLIN ISR 10 S
12 Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET JPN 11
13 Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV LTU 12
14 Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM KOR 13
Kyueun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM KOR 13 S
16 Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP 15
17 Alexandra HERBRIKOVA / Nicolas ROULET SUI 16

13 pairs competing for four spots, although it may ultimately prove five, depending on if France's second team can get the citizenship. You wish there were more than twenty Olympic berths anyway, but they can't change that right now. So from these pairs, there are:

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor-World junior champions, and capable of much, though not the most consistent team in the world
Miriam Ziegler & Severin Kiefer-Made it in four years ago, but haven't really kept up with the field
Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar-Highest-ranking team from Worlds here; that they didn't make it there speaks of a need for more berths
Tae Ok Ryom & Ju Sik Kim-Came in right behind Duskova & Bidar at Worlds, and have improved greatly from their summer in Canada
Paige Connors & Evgeni Krasnopolski-Krasnopolski and his latest. He made it in last time with his partner of the year, and these two have shown their ability to qualify over the summer
Sumire Suto & Francis Boudreau-Audet-Actually can't use the berth they're trying to earn, since he can't get Japanese citizenship; one wonders what that does to them psychologically, just missed the free at Worlds, illustrating the need for more room in that too

If it's five pairs, Ziegler & Kiefer are the likely odds one out. If it's only four, I'd think Suto & Boudreau-Audet are the ones who just miss, and the other four make it in.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hendirckx, Righini, and Majorov seem very likely. For the other three, I'm going with Yee, Paniot, and Martinez, though I'm very hesitant on that last one.
I think Graham Newberry might surprise you :-D

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Olympic Qualifying: Ice Dance

Entries from countries not yet qualified:

1 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL ARM 1
2 Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI AUS 2
Kimberley HEW-LOW / Timothy MCKERNAN AUS 2 S
3 Anastasia GALYETA / Avidan BROWN AZE 3
Vavara OGLOBLINA / Mikhail ZHIRNOV AZE 3 S
4 Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV BLR 4
6 Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA CZE 6
Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN CZE 6 S
7 Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV EST 7
8 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 8
Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS FIN 8 S
9 Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS GER 9
Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN GER 9 S
Katharina MÜLLER / Tim DIECK GER 9 S
Jennifer URBAN / Benjamin STEFFAN GER 9 S
10 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR 10
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 10 S
11 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS HUN 11
12 Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED JPN 12
13 Olga JAKUSHINA / Andrey NEVSKIY LAT 13
14 Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU 14
15 Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN KOR 15
16 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 16
17 Malin MALMBERG / Thomas NORDAHL SWE 17
18 Victoria MANNI / Carlo RÖTHLISBERGER SUI 18

Officially, this is seventeen teams competing for five spots. Although it's really more like sixteen teams, still competing for five spots, because barring a miracle Denmark's going to have to give up the one they're currently holding, so there'd be six, but there's no way Penny Coomes & Nicolas Buckland won't win one of them. For the other five, there are:

Cortney Mansour & Michal Ceska-Weren't at Worlds last year, have results that might have at least gotten them close there
Cecilia Torn & Jussiville Partanen-Have a top twenty Worlds finish to their names
Kavita Lorenz & Joti Polizoakis-Actually not finalized as entrants yet, because Germany's leaving it late, but likely will be; just missed at Worlds
Anna Yanovskaya & Adam Lukacs-A former junior world champion in a new partnership, and they've only competed internationally once so far, but his record's good enough they probably have a chance
Kana Muramoto & Chris Reed-He's been to two Olympics so far, and they were fifteenth in the World in 2016; it was very disappointing when they didn't make the free dance last year
Olga Jakushina & Andrey Nevskiy-Not as strong a record as Muramoto & Reed, but only other team here (besides Coomes & Buckland) to have personal bests which break 60 in the short, 90 in the free, and 150 overall
Yura Min & Alexander Gamelin-Might or might not have qualified at Worlds if it wasn't for the fall
Lucie Mysliveckova & Lukas Csolley-he and his previous partner just missed last time; she and one of hers actually qualified for 2010, but then she broke her arm. No idea what their citizenship situation is...

Lorenz & Polizoakis, Min & Gamelin, and Muramoto & Reed are the most likely. It may be a pileup behind them, but at a guess, I'll go with Mysliveckova & Csolley and Yanovskya & Lukacs, though those choices both feel like a shot in the dark, honestly.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If there is a skating god in His heaven, then Donovan Carrillo will qualify.:luv17:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My cheers in the men's division are for Julian and Donovan! Yay! *waves little Malaysian and Mexican flags*

I have every confidence in Team Australia. Kailani was 19th after the SP at Worlds, so she was pretty close. I'm terrified of the pairs situation. There are just so few spots and it will be so tight.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Igor REZNICHENKO replaced Krzysztof GALA for Poland

luckyguy

Match Penalty

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Information about tickets (it is slightly more expensive than Salt Lake City and no seniors discount, but much cheaper than Bergamo):

Tageskarte Donnerstag, 28.09.2017 12,00 €
Tageskarte Freitag, 29.09.2017 15,00 €
Tageskarte Samstag, 30.09.2017 15,00 €
Schaulaufen der Sieger Samstag, 30.09. 18,00 €

Dauerkarte inkl. Schaul. 28. – 30.09.2017 55,00 €

http://www.eissportzentrum-oberstdorf.de/events/kopie-von-nebelhorn-trophy-2017.html

I got the season ticket for 55 Euros. So I saved 5 Euros! The price is decent, especially if you are able to watch Patrick Chan skating ;-) .......

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Kimberley HEW-LOW / Timothy MCKERNAN replaced Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI for Australia, in Ice Dance

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kimberley HEW-LOW / Timothy MCKERNAN replaced Matilda FRIEND / William BADAOUI for Australia, in Ice Dance

What?!

EDIT:

This is why, oh no. Just posted on Matilda and William's Facebook page:

This morning at training Will had a bad fall that resulted in a clean break through his ankle and landed him in hospital waiting for surgery where plates, pins and screws will be put in. We are devastated that this has happened, especially because we have been training so hard for our first opportunity to compete at an Olympic Qualifying event in Germany, which we were just over two weeks from. Injuries are a part of the sport and as hard as it is to accept that we will be out of training an unable to compete our two programs which we have put endless work and love into, we are in good spirits and know that we can come back stronger than ever!! We want to say a massive thank you to our coaches Mon and John for making sure we were okay throughout the day, and also to Liz Cain and Peter Lynch for their support and well wishes. Will, you're a bloody trooper! Here to support you all the way, and counting down the days to be back on the ice with you doing what we love.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Can a contry enter more than one competitor?
On the sweish skating federation site it states that 4 ladies will compete but on the official site 3 of them are listed as spares

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Other changes

Matteo RIZZO replaced Ivan RIGHINI for Italy. Makes sense, given that Matteo finished nearly 40 points higher at Lombardia.
Lutricia BOCK no longer listed for Germany. Nathalie WEINZIERL is still on the list.
Valentina MATOS no longer listed for Spain

shadowsinwinter

Rinkside
Can a contry enter more than one competitor?
On the sweish skating federation site it states that 4 ladies will compete but on the official site 3 of them are listed as spares

If they are entering to compete for Olympic qualification, then only one competitor from that country is allowed.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Fingers crossed there will be a tv coverage of it.
I like livestreams as well, but any opportunity to have Eurosport commentators back in again would be great.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Alexandra HERBRIKOVA / Nicolas ROULET (SUI) removed from Pairs

vavavoom

Rinkside
Aww. I am truly sad that Matos and Hebrikova/Roulet decided and/or were asked not to participate. This is such a TRULY unique opportunity that I feel that even skaters like Nikhil Pingle should be more than welcome to compete in. *grouphug*

I am sad numbers for Nebelhorn (in terms of countries participating) are lower than in 2010 or 2006. :(

vavavoom

Rinkside
Let's start with men.

You can see my 6 favs to make it in BOLD

Men
1 Slavik HAYRAPETYAN ARM 1 He is lovely! I would not expect him to make it.
2 Luc MAIERHOFER AUT 2 A bit of a surprise choice from Austria.
3 Larry LOUPOLOVER AZE 3 Another lovely skater that is simply not in contention.
4 Yakau ZENKO BLR 4 He did well in some Junior events.
Anton KARPUK BLR 4 S
Alexei MIALIONKHIN BLR 4 S
5 Jorik HENDRICKX BEL 5 I expect him to make it. He is the one that I believe is the most likely to make it.
6 Nicky OBREYKOV BUL 6 Lovely but not in contention.
Ivo GATOVSKI BUL 6 S
7 Patrick CHAN CAN 7 D It is not expected he wins any of the GP events, maybe he'll win here.
8 Chih-I TSAO TPE 8 He is improving, but I do not predict him to make it.
9 Nicholas VRDOLJAK CRO 9 Surprise possibility!
10 Aleksandr SELEVKO EST 10 He did quite well at Lombardia.
Samuel KOPPEL EST 10 S
Daniil ZURAV EST 10 S
11 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN 11 Unfortunately a surprise is unlikely.
12 Graham NEWBERRY GBR 12 He is lovely, but a surprise is simply too far fetched to become reality.
Phillip HARRIS GBR 12 S
13 Harrison Jon-Yen WONG HKG 13 Another lovely skater.
Leslie Man Cheuk IP HKG 13 S
Harry Hau Yin LEE HKG 13 S
14 Conor STAKELUM IRL 14 Aww... it is lovely to see he is ACTUALLY fighting for a spot. I thought his federation would not send him.
15 Matteo RIZZO ITA 15 He is in a better shape than Righini but I still find this move risqué. I predict him to make it.
Daniel GRASSL ITA 15 S
Ivan RIGHINI ITA 15 S
Maurizio ZANDRON ITA 15 S
16 Julian Zhi Jie YEE MAS 16 Another slam dunk to make it. A lovely consistent skater.
17 Donovan CARRILLO MEX 17 Surprise. He is stronger than what people think.
18 Thomas KENNES NED 18 Lovely and did well at Slovenia.
19 Sondre ODDVOLL BOE NOR 19 He did finish higher than some stronger skaters at Lombardia.
20 Michael Christian MARTINEZ PHI 20 A bit inconsistent, but he will full it through as 5th or 6th qualifier.
21 Igor REZNICHENKO POL 21 Surprise upset in the making. I have him very close, he can pull off a major surprise.
Krzysztof GALA POL 21 S
22 June Hyoung LEE KOR 22 Aww, poor guy. If he fails to make it, then South Korea is out of the team event. Jun Hwan Cha, if he were in a good shape would have been a slam dunk. I still expect him to be motivated enough and make it.
Jinseo KIM KOR 22 S
23 Marco KLEPOCH SVK 23 A lovely skater not really in contention.
Michael NEUMAN SVK 23 S
24 Matthew SAMUELS RSA 24 Aww, it is lovely to see African nations around.
25 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 25 He seems to be in great shape recently, but is so oh inconsistent.
Gabriel FOLKESSON SWE 25 S
Nikolaj MAJOROV SWE 25 S
Natran TZAGAI SWE 25 S
26 Stephane WALKER SUI 26 Another good skated, but I predict he'll just miss it.
Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 26 S
Nicola TODESCHINI SUI 26 S
27 Engin Ali ARTAN TUR 27 Başar Oktar should have been entered instead.
Burak DEMIRBOGA TUR 27 S
28 Yaroslav PANIOT UKR 28 He is in great shape, Salt Lake City event proves that. He's in.
Ivan PAVLOV UKR 28 S
29 Alexander JOHNSON USA 29 D Aww, I do not expect him to make the US team.
Timothy DOLENSKY USA 29 S
Vincent ZHOU USA 29 S