2017 NHK Trophy Pre-event Chat | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 NHK Trophy Pre-event Chat

ChanClan

On the Ice
I think which team you think is superior depends on what you like more. Since their styles are so different, it all comes down to what you like. If you like PCs style more, you're more likely to think they are the superior team in terms of skating skills and "artistry". If you like VMs style more, you're more likely to think they are the superior team in terms of skating skills and "artistry". Personally I love VMs style more but also find the appeal of PCs style. I think it's hard to say one is superior to the other when their styles are so different.

icedance

On the Ice
I’m tired of the P/C & V/M fans’ battle...
Personally I’m rather looking forward to see C/L or H/D get the silver here, than V/M get 200 points or not...:scratch2:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I’m tired of the P/C & V/M fans’ battle...
Personally I’m rather looking forward to see C/L or H/D get the silver here, than V/M get 200 points or not...:scratch2:

Ahah same, out of P/C and V/M I'm the most excited about C/L!

JustMe

On the Ice
Interesting trivia fact: 20 years, Shen & Zhao won their first grand prix event at the 1997 NHK trophy (defeating Meno and Sand after Kazakova & Dmitriev withdrew). :)

LaArdilla

Medalist
Are Virtue & Moir better ice dancers than Papadakis & Cizeron? Depends on your squinting skills and whom you're rooting for, lol!
So go ahead, and root for your favorites, but if you're trying to pass off opinions as facts to justify why your favorites should score this and/or win that competition by these many points, expect to be called out on it.
Should Virtue & Moir break 200 points here? Answer: let's wait and see how they execute their elements and how they perform/interpret their programs.
Will Papadakis & Cizeron break 200 points again next week? See above.

A voice of reason! Bravo!

It's apples and oranges, people. No need to get your knickers in a twist. Just relax and enjoy!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
oh i like the new "entries" website ...

It'll take some time to get used to as the format was basically the same since mid 2000s but... I like it too!

Funnily enough, I was coming in to say that I didn't like it.

The reason it's different is that this Entries / Results page has been made by a local Japanese company, Comnet Corp. So, there were probably copyright reasons why it couldn't be exactly the same as the pages we are used to, which are made by Swiss Timing Ltd (part of Swatch).

I'm actually surprised that the JSF were able to have a local company do the Entries / Results page for the NHK Trophy, because I would have thought that the contract that the ISU had with Swiss Timing would have been for all ISU run events.

Clearly the JSF contract with Comnet is stronger than the ISU contract with Swiss Timing.

Anyway, I think we should reserve judgement on this version of the Entries / Results page until we see if the Live Scoring runs smoothly. That'll be the acid test...

CaroLiza_fan

Tastetherainbow

Medalist

The reason it's different is that this Entries / Results page has been made by a local Japanese company, Comnet Corp. So, there were probably copyright reasons why it couldn't be exactly the same as the pages we are used to, which are made by Swiss Timing Ltd (part of Swatch).

I'm actually surprised that the JSF were able to have a local company do the Entries / Results page for the NHK Trophy, because I would have thought that the contract that the ISU had with Swiss Timing would have been for all ISU run events.

Clearly the JSF contract with Comnet is stronger than the ISU contract with Swiss Timing.

Anyway, I think we should reserve judgement on this version of the Entries / Results page until we see if the Live Scoring runs smoothly. That'll be the acid test...

CaroLiza_fan

Ahhhh I see the "created by comnet" at the bottom! Maybe it will be temporary then. I understand the pages for Japan Open and WTT, but I'm also confused as to why they would make a different page for NHK as it's an ISU sanctioned event. Maybe GPF will be the same since it's in Japan...?

And you're right, we should see the Live Scoring before giving a verdict... although ISU certainly hasn't set the bar too high. :p

LadyB

Record Breaker

I don't like the font. But yeah, let's wait and see what the live scoring will look like.

Edited:
I take that back. It was only the front page, the starting orders are okay. It's probably just a case of getting used to it.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I didn't realise up until this very second that all 4 world champions are going to compete in Japan :laugh:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The font and faded colors look weird.

Also I'm probably not going to get to watch because of the time zone issues booo