2017 Skate Canada: GP Predictions Game Round 2 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Skate Canada: GP Predictions Game Round 2

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
If only Anna and Courtney could be switched... kudos to Courtney for skating well tho!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am wondering if I am supposed to have 55 pts with the following prediction. Or am I calculating it wrong?

Ladies:
1. Kaetlyn OSMOND
2. Maria SOTSKOVA
3. Ashley WAGNER
4. Marin HONDA
5. Anna POGORILAYA

You are right: one whole page disappeared from the table - I will fix it before going to sleep - pairs are too late. Sorry for inconvenience.

OK, I fixed it. Part of the reason was that there were 2 predictions from Artemisa and I somehow did not enter those in between. The updated results of the ladies have 3 more people on the podium!

Skate Canada Ladies Results

GOLD: 65 points LaArdilla, wishonastar, ines42575 :points:
SILVER: 60 points MalAssada]tulosai, xibsuarz, surimi, HR4, bobbob, Weathergal, OneFlutzAway, 4everchan, apgold, randomfan, selene16angie, nikki51, icedance, Ashwagsfan
BRONZE: 55 points NoNameFace, silverfoxes, tulosai, SubRosa, lost3iron, slider11, Pandicorn, Greta, cer, Pippuripihvi

Congratulations! :hb:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ice Dance results, with 103 medallists our of 134 players

Gold Medallists (51), with 75 points: alyssamarie, angeleva19, Bellaxx, bobbob, CanadianSkaterGuy, CaroLiza_fan, caustica, cer, corynna, Daniel1998, daphenaxa, desertskates, Fish in the sea, FSGMT, HR4, hydroblader, icedance, icekiwi, icetug, invisiblespiral, jiawen2016, KyngRafael, LA143, LadyB, LKGwennire, lovaticcanada, MaiKatze, Marius, MIM, MsLiinaLii, nipman, Pandicorn, Poice, Puchi, randomfan, [email protected], sammyott, Sam-Skwantch, SashaJuliaSpins, sequinsgalore, silverfoxes, Skater Boy, SnowWhite, sunnyouyang, sunnystars, Tastetherainbow, voolfee, Weathergal, whatif and Xorasy.

Silver medallists (7), with 70 points: AshWagsFan, breynows, casualfan, change of edge, lost3iron, mindatwork and nikki51.

Bronze medallilsts (45), with 65 points: 4everchan, Alisa, Antyv, Anyasnake, Artemisa, Baron Vladimir, blackey, chapis, CuriousQuip, danse, decjimmy, draqq, ejnsofi, Gia_Sesshoumaru, glorybox6, Hannah555, Hyenna, Icebethy, icellist, jemmabrie17, jenaj, JustMe, koatcue, lady_bee, ladykk, Lightstar, lilsailor, MalAssada, mis751, Moxiejan, musesk8r, NoNameFace, Osmond4gold, Pippuripihvi, ragdoll, rosacotton, rustyskater, selene16angie, semosk8tfan, Shandy, ssffww, StitchMonkey, SubRosa, tulosai and Winry.

If you spot any mistake, just PM me.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
That moment when you get a gold medal :yahoo:
But so does everyone else and you really don't go up a bit in rankings :drama:

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
YESSSSS! Thanks for updating! SO HAPPPY! 2 MEDALS IN A ROW!!! Men prob won’t happen tho... lol

Weathergal

Medalist
Men’s Results

GOLD with 55 points: CuriousQuip, Hannah555, HR4, jiawen2016, mindatwork, museksk8r, Sam-Skwantch, voolfee

SILVER with 50 points: semosk8tfan

BRONZE with 45 points: alyssamarie, Anyasnake, chapis, corynna, Daniel1998, desertskates, draqq, Gia_Sesshoumaru, icekiwi, itofan, LA143, LKGwennire, lost3iron, MaiKatze, Mrs. P, Ms LiinaLii, nikki151, Pandicorn, Pippuripihvi, Puchi, randomfan, sammyott, sequinsgalore, skylark, slider11, SnowWhite, StitchMonkey, Sugarpova, tulosai, Weathergal

Congratulations to all the medalists! :party2:

Special congratulations goes to jiawen2016, the only person to predict the podium in the correct order! :rock:

This week was a tough one for men’s predictions so the winning scores were lower than usual. :ghug: On the bright side, there were a lot of bronze medalists! There were also quite a few “pewter medalists” with 40 points.

Most people had Shoma Uno correct in first place, and quite a few people had Jorik Hendrickx correct in fifth place. But since many players had Patrick Chan in second place and he ended up in fourth, and many people had Jason Brown in third place and he was in second place, that threw off quite a few picks.

Additionally Keegan Messing, Brendan Kerry, Jun Hwan Cha, and Takahito Mura not placing in the top seven picks hurt many guessers as well.

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, feel free to PM me.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Ice Dance is the easiest to predict. I usually don't watch it (apart from the winning programs) and I got a Gold medal with a perfect score. Woah.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
My first gold medal :biggrin: after so many wrong predictions )))

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Finally, Pairs results – apologies for the delay, but I'm in the middle of moving out and with some damn cold...

:cheer:

GOLD with perfect score of 75 points: decjimmy and koatcue – big congratulations!

SILVER with 65 points: 4everchan, Alisa, angeleva19, apgold, Bellaxx, casualfan, change of edge, invisiblespiral, LKGwennire, lovaticcanada, MaiKatze, MalAssada, nikki51, nipman, NYscorp6, Pippuripihvi, Sam-Skwantch, sequinsgalore, Shandy, Spirals for Miles, StitchMonkey, sunnystars, whatif

BRONZE with 60 points: AshWagsFan, Fish in the sea,LadyB and SnowWhite

This was one of a heck stacked field, hence lots of 1 or 2 places off in predictions. Probably the most popular prediction 'error' comparing to the actual result was getting Chinese pair on 4th place and Russian one on 5th, whereas reality switched those placements:). Another challenge was to correctly predict top 3 placements – majority of participants had Meagan/Eric, Aliona/Bruno and Vanessa/Morgan in top 3 places, but only 21 people correctly predicted the actual order of podium (if I counted correctly).

Please let me know in case of any error in scoring – it was my debut as a scorer, I hope there will be no mishap (or only a little one):)

Scores will be added shortly to the spreadsheet.

NoNameFace:cheer:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Skate Canada Ladies Results

GOLD: 65 points LaArdilla, wishonastar, ines42575 :points:
SILVER: 60 points MalAssada]tulosai, xibsuarz, surimi, HR4, bobbob, Weathergal, OneFlutzAway, 4everchan, apgold, randomfan, selene16angie, nikki51, icedance
BRONZE: 55 points NoNameFace, silverfoxes, tulosai, SubRosa, lost3iron, slider11, Pandicorn, Greta

Congratulations! :hb:

thank You samkrut for such swift results! I just wanted to ask about my predicitons: I've had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th places correctly predicted, but the score above says 55 - should it be 60 pts?

Antyv

On the Ice
Having the formula helps indeed. The only tiresome part is to enter the players predictions into the spreadsheet. I improved the technology to perfection (I believe) but it still takes half an hour to enter 100 people...well it was 3 times more when I started.
Your idea of making people enter the bets into the spreadsheet themselves is smart indeed. May be we go to it one day in the "big game" as well.

I'm using VBA macros. One minute is enough for scoring. If you can see yandex disk, then links to an approximate videoы of the work of macros
https://yadi.sk/i/skIMcXMV3Nqhg4
https://yadi.sk/i/DHJuvita3NuNDJ

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Not sure but on the spreadsheet it says I only have 45 pts for pairs but I got 60 this week is it a misprint?

I can say from my side that I scored Pairs at SC this week and did not yet enter scores to the spreadsheet...Maybe you're looking at Pairs tab (general discipline summary) or Rostelecom tab? Skate Canada has empty Pairs sheet for now. Your 60 pts in Pairs are save for me:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no idea why but I always check to see if I’m beating Mrs P. and I never am :laugh: