2018-19 Coaching Changes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Coaching Changes

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is Jason still switching coaches? I wish he'd go to Orser. I know Orser doesn't coach US Skaters, but I can still wish!

I think he’s will most likely go to Frank. I know he’s gone to him the past few summers for jump help, so he might be going with him full time.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he’s will most likely go to Frank. I know he’s gone to him the past few summers for jump help, so he might be going with him full time.

Boy, I just cannot see Frank as being a good match for Jason. Jason is all hugs and smiles and high 5s. Frank is...dour. I thought Frank was retiring anyway? Oh well hopefully I am wrong and it will be a great match. (It doesn't seem to have helped with the jumps at all though).

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Boy, I just cannot see Frank as being a good match for Jason. Jason is all hugs and smiles and high 5s. Frank is...dour. I thought Frank was retiring anyway? Oh well hopefully I am wrong and it will be a great match. (It doesn't seem to have helped with the jumps at all though).

Who knows at this point. Mariah Bell left Kori Ade for Rafael and she seemed all smiles (as does Kori). I’ve heard Jason likes Frank, but we will see, who knows, maybe he found someone else...:confused2:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who knows at this point. Mariah Bell left Kori Ade for Rafael and she seemed all smiles (as does Kori). I’ve heard Jason likes Frank, but we will see, who knows, maybe he found someone else...:confused2:

He may like Frank, but if he has been working with Frank for several seasons on jumps, I have not seen any improvement. Has anyone else? And Mariah doesn't seem to be doing well either. I sat behind her family at Nationals 2 years ago. Very nice people.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Since I haven't found a thread dedicated to the post-Olympic coaching changes, here goes the news published by Betina Popova in her Instagram confirming she and Sergei Mozgov will start working with Anjelika Krylowa and Tchaikovska:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhbmGHnjWC2/?taken-by=bet1nka

I kinda expect loads of drama and faces. We'll see, though.
I wonder whether Anjelika will work with Vika and Nikita, given that Tchaikovskaia actively helps them.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
do we know the reason behind this? just curious.

I think he more or less said that it has to be really worth it for him because it's a pain to go through the whole accreditation process for the US. I guess if it's just one student, it has to be someone special for him to spend the time on it.

Without that, he can't go to US Nationals, etc. With team Gadbois, for example, only Patrice has his US accreditation, so he's always the one to go to US Nationals.

slider11

Medalist
I can't wait to find out who is jumping where! This is the time with the start of the next Olympic cycle! I think there will be one or two real surprises in terms of skaters switching coaches. Jason seems like a given, just not sure where.

lappo

Final Flight
Since I haven't found a thread dedicated to the post-Olympic coaching changes, here goes the news published by Betina Popova in her Instagram confirming she and Sergei Mozgov will start working with Anjelika Krylowa and Tchaikovska:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhbmGHnjWC2/?taken-by=bet1nka

Speaking of Krylova, rumor (in another forum) has it that also Loboda and Drodz are moving to her...can anyone confirm this?

twirlingaround

Rinkside
Denney and Frazier have been seen by an adult skater friend of mine over the past few weeks training With John Zimmerman, Silvia Fontana and Jeremy Barrett, but I have not seen anything about a coaching change, but my friend is a reliable source and has been telling me they are still there. I told her she should ask them, but has anyone seen anything about them making a change back to the Zimmerman camp???? I hope so, but I'm not going to get to excited until I see confirmation!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Denney and Frazier have been seen by an adult skater friend of mine over the past few weeks training With John Zimmerman, Silvia Fontana and Jeremy Barrett, but I have not seen anything about a coaching change, but my friend is a reliable source and has been telling me they are still there. I told her she should ask them, but has anyone seen anything about them making a change back to the Zimmerman camp???? I hope so, but I'm not going to get to excited until I see confirmation!

They used to train down there. There could be many reasons they are there they may be just training for a short term there (many skaters train in different places for short terms in the off season) and/or they may be getting choreo. Silvia has choreographed for them before. John Kerr is also there and does choreography.

twirlingaround

Rinkside
They used to train down there. There could be many reasons they are there they may be just training for a short term there (many skaters train in different places for short terms in the off season) and/or they may be getting choreo. Silvia has choreographed for them before. John Kerr is also there and does choreography.

Good point! I did even think about them just there for Choreography, but makes sense.

bevybean

On the Ice
I can't wait to find out who is jumping where! This is the time with the start of the next Olympic cycle! I think there will be one or two real surprises in terms of skaters switching coaches. Jason seems like a given, just not sure where.

Ok. What am I missing? Why is Jason a given for changing coaches? Just because he didn't make the Olympic team or is there something else out there. (Maybe I should start following skater on social media...)

mrrice

Record Breaker

I had no idea that they weren't always with John and Silvia. They were with them when the won Junior Worlds. I loved this program..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eihOf2ZoyQ8

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Ok. What am I missing? Why is Jason a given for changing coaches? Just because he didn't make the Olympic team or is there something else out there. (Maybe I should start following skater on social media...)

The Skating Line reported he was leaving her coach...

Also there was a report that he was looking (testing) for coach... he was seeing in the same rink as Karen Cheng (you can see it in her instagram) and now they both are in Canada (in TCC, but Karen posted in her IS a visit to Jackson factory)...

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Whether it is "a given" or not is a matter of opinion.
Nothing about a coaching change has been officially announced by Jason or by anyone connected to Jason.

On his own social media, Jason posted something completely nonspecific about his "next adventure."
We know from USFS that Jason declined the opportunity to compete at Worlds, but neither USFS nor Jason ever has said why.
Other stuff that has people scratching their heads is in Jason's fan thread, if you are interested.