2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi folks,

Just a reminder :pray:

This is a blanket statement to all national threads.

As we kick off with the JGP, please refrain from using the "State of (national)" and Fan Fest threads to discuss competitions. As always, keep competition chat in the Competition forums.

Should we find that folks are discussing competition info in these threads, they will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks!

GS Forum Staff

Just to clarify, we are simply asking that posters don't use these threads as a replacement for competition threads.

You can discuss a skater's performance and the overall results of a skater. Comment's like this are ok: "So-and-so got the bronze -- yay!" or "Trusova makes history with the first quad combo in competition" in the Edge. If someone wants to put that so-and-so landed a triple Axel in the respective FF, that is no problem.

However, there are folks who will inevitably try to use the national threads as a replacement for the competition threads, and that is what we want to avoid.

The pleasure of the competition threads is the feeling of sitting around the sports bar with your buddies all watching the action together and discussing play-by-plays and elements in depth.. Many people are actually watching on various platforms and like to make comments such as, "Did you see that? She fell on her triple flip in the warm-up?" Or, "What kind of a silly costume is that?"

skatenewbie

Medalist
Yes. But she turned senior domestically and doesn't seem to want to be junior internationally.
but she's no way getting GP... i think doing JGP is a better choice than just domestic competition.

Also i just watch Tomoe Kawabata and i LOVE her 3Lz and 3F. Girl know how to pick the ice lol. Her lutz and flip got so much height and coverage its just as big aslutz god like Liza. Her PCS department also quite promising!! love her

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
lso i just watch Tomoe Kawabata and i LOVE her 3Lz and 3F. Girl know how to pick the ice lol. Her lutz and flip got so much height and coverage its just as big aslutz god like Liza. Her PCS department also quite promising!! love her

i was very impressed too!! all her jumps have great ice coverage except maybe 3Lo, i think her 3Lz3T rivals Nana (and she has 3Lz3Lo too) and i find Tomoe to be more enjoyable, she is quite the performer, loved it!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Kawabata caught me by surprise. And what a nice surprise!
That’s what I call a toe jump! Beautiful technique and jaw dropping height and distance! Amazing!
Also loved Yuhana’s performance in the FS. She’s already 18? Well, I guess that’s unfortunate... Japan produces so many skating talents! I can’t keep up!

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Been looking forward to Tomoe ever since I saw her performance at *** National last year. Her toe jumps are :luv17: Little to no prerotation, reminds me of Nana's jumps. Was hoping for a better FS program, but she's promising. Just need to be more consistent. Can watch her toe jumps all day :biggrin:

leoleo

Medalist
JUST HERE TO SAY TOMOE CHAN NICE TO MEET YOU! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN IN FUTURE COMPETITIONS :love: that 3LZ-3T :love:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Tomoe Kawabata jumps are so beautiful!!! so textbook! still the judges give her unclear edge in her flip :disapp:, I feel so bad for Yuhana Yokoi :sad21:, poor girl that long program was so impresive! but in her short... I don´t know what happaned to her, she had a chance for a medal if she did a clean performance, anyway I hope she learns something about this and improve for the next time :), Japanese ladies always impresses me no matter what place they were in a competition

skatenewbie

Medalist
i was very impressed too!! all her jumps have great ice coverage except maybe 3Lo, i think her 3Lz3T rivals Nana (and she has 3Lz3Lo too) and i find Tomoe to be more enjoyable, she is quite the performer, loved it!
Her 3Lz-3T got one of highest GOE, 2.11. Sadly her 3F got ! call and got only 0.3. Her solo 3Lz got 1.69 though. If she goes clean both SP FS and clear that edge issues i think she could be on podium for sure. i hope she'll get 2nd assignment. Same with Yuhana! She proved herself in FS but sadly that SP mistake was too much. I think there are many juniors but last year they gave few skater who didnt medal 2nd assignment so im quite positive both or one of them got 2nd assignment.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Nana. Maybe Rino. How is Rino doing anyway.

Do you mean Rino Kasakake? Rino placed 2nd at Gensan Summer Cuo for Jr ladies (behind Yuhana). But I don't think Rino belongs to one of the JSF's strengthened athlete of the season, nor is she in the sub-list to Japan's JGP ladies' skaters (which means she was probably not invited to/participated in the JGP selection). So I'm not quite sure about her chances of being assigned to one of JGPs. Nana was also in Gensan Summer competition. She led in the SP (skated to the same program from last season) but was not doing well in the FS (a new number). Hopefully she'll have more time to work on her FS before her assignment at JGP Kaunas.