2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Actually Riko Takino is the Japanese junior I enjoy most. She has better lines, and is also very expressive. Hope she improves her jumps.

Riko Takino is actually one of the medalist at last season JGP beside Kihira and Araki. So hopefully she can medal! Who is the really contender for JGPF beside Araki anyway this season? i'd say none... so 5th place lower might get 2nd assignment for sure.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108800.htm

So, easy podium for Rika here or nah? :think:
If she goes clean or with just tiny mistakes(no falls), I think she could easily get a bronze. If she goes clean she could even snatch a silver.
But we haven't seen the Russian's programs yet. Rika's are pretty good, she just needs to stay on her feet. The FS is brilliant. The SP is a little "meh" but I haven't seen decent footage of it so I won't judge it too much yet.

I'm so excited for this!!!!! I want to see if she'll try the 3A right off the bat, in both short and long program or if she'll play it safe. But I think she should go for it, 3A and 3A combo.

:hap10:

skatenewbie

Medalist

If she goes clean or with just tiny mistakes(no falls), I think she could easily get a bronze. If she goes clean she could even snatch a silver.
But we haven't seen the Russian's programs yet. Rika's are pretty good, she just needs to stay on her feet. The FS is brilliant. The SP is a little "meh" but I haven't seen decent footage of it so I won't judge it too much yet.

I'm so excited for this!!!!! I want to see if she'll try the 3A right off the bat, in both short and long program or if she'll play it safe. But I think she should go for it, 3A and 3A combo.

definitely. If she went clean with/without 3A she will be on podium. She has said that she wont hold back her 3A though so im positive she will attempt it. We should watch out Lil Bet tho since she have PB almost 140 in FS, beside 2 russian girls

rikaquegira

On the Ice
definitely. If she went clean with/without 3A she will be on podium. She has said that she wont hold back her 3A though so im positive she will attempt it. We should watch out Lil Bet tho since she have PB almost 140 in FS, beside 2 russian girls

three Russians. Zagitova, Polina, Konstantinova.

leoleo

Medalist
Alina & Polina are her biggest competitors there! it's really a matter of who will land their jumps the cleanest. Rika isn't the most consistent but neither Polina or Alina are Medvedeva level of consistent so we're not sure they'll go clean. no news from Polina, her situation is very unsure and her layout is a complete mystery. Rika's 3A has gotten more consistent lately and if she can skate clean she definitely has a podium but her nerves are a big issue . It's Rika's senior debut so i don't expect her to have sky high PCS scores (especially since the japanese girls are usually done dirty with that :rolleye:) but with her 3A & 3A-3T she might be a fierce competitor. I just hope she can finally keep her nerves on check and perform with confidence :agree:

I'm very excited to see her FS in competition, i absolutely love it, i've watched it so many times since she revealed it at FAOI.

leoleo

Medalist
I forgot Lilbet, she's back with Eteri too which might give her some consistency. Who knows? it's gonna be a fun competition that's for sure! Rika, Alina, Polina, all are really talented girls.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
With her pony tail, light blue dress, and East of Eden she made me think of baby Michelle. She's after my own heart. It's hard to judge her objectively, because I hate making Michelle comparisons. I'll watch her FS so I can shake the Michelle nostalgia.

Oh, right! I forgot that Rion is skating to East of Eden for her SP, and Yuna (Aoki) will also skate to the same song for her SP (which she kept from last season) So two girls from Japan skating to East of Eden at JGP Richmond.

charlotte14

Medalist

Not easy...

skatenewbie

Medalist
You never know because Rika is not known as a more reliable and more consistent competitor than Konstantinova either.
i'd say Rika is slightly more reliable, Konstantinova does have higher PB which she achieve in senior challenger. but she have messy moment like 2018 WC, which is messier than Rika 2018 JWC. Also Konstantionova never make a spals in JGP while Rika qualified for JGPF 2 times. Looking forward to see how they do.

charlotte14

Medalist
i'd say Rika is slightly more reliable, Konstantinova does have higher PB which she achieve in senior challenger. but she have messy moment like 2018 WC, which is messier than Rika 2018 JWC. Also Konstantionova never make a spals in JGP while Rika qualified for JGPF 2 times. Looking forward to see how they do.
Rika has higher chance to win but I can see some judges (not all) prefer Konstantinova. Of course Rika has higher BV so her chance is better.

charlotte14

Medalist
Yuhana has enough skills to go senior and it is quite weird that she is still in junior. She is 18 years old. Is staying junior the fed decision for her?

leoleo

Medalist
Yuhana has enough skills to go senior and it is quite weird that she is still in junior. She is 18 years old. Is staying junior the fed decision for her?

there are no spots left in the senior field! it's already a bloodbath! there are no spots left for the jpn girls in the grand prix! only NHK host spot is available & a few girls are already lining up for it!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Since fed values senior nats results so much, i think she would have been sent to 1 or 2 challengers. And maybe like Yura, would have got a high enough PB to get a GP spot at least next season.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Since fed values senior nats results so much, i think she would have been sent to 1 or 2 challengers. And maybe like Yura, would have got a high enough PB to get a GP spot at least next season.
yes maybe they will sent her to challenger that starts after GP like Golden Spin/Tallin Trophy?

leoleo

Medalist
yes maybe they will sent her to challenger that starts after GP like Golden Spin/Tallin Trophy?

they should. She was #2 in the free skate at last week's JGP and she's a fantastic jumper. She will benefit from competing at the challengers.