2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm starting to think that my personal aesthetic is way more Japanese than Western. My favourite skaters are Satoko and Shoma/Yuzuru (and Javi) and my favourite FD last year was M/R's cherry blossoms. Why do so many of the Japanese skaters have such beautiful programs? It is like choreography and elegance actually matter to them or something.

zounger

Medalist
I really liked Kaori's skating, she is very good and usually underscored internationally...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
no so many heartbreaks here at least...(you know what i mean...)

Yuhana YOKOI: lovely as I remember her from the jgp and I do love her dress

Rika Hongo: :sad21: at this point I think she’s just challenging herself

Wakaba Higuchi: I’m so happy for her! She is finally healthy (I hope) and delivered a great performance. Her program is odd but it suits her

Marin Honda: I believe she is facing same problems as medvedeva, so many changes (style, tech, country, language) and a very deep and difficult field. She is still lovely and talented (and one of my favourites) but it’s not enough

Rika Kihira: quoting kolyada, we saw the traditional bombing of the sp

Satoko Miyahara: queen of the event no doubt

champs

Final Flight
Sad for:
- Sui and Rin, didn't expect them to not qualify for the free. (Really wanted to see Sui attempt 4S in the free...)
- Mako, Yuna S, Nana, Marin, and Rinka did not do as well as I had hoped for
- Yuka, Hinano and Riona crying in their post SP interviews
- Mako kinda hinting at struggling with her jumps recently in her interview
Happy:
- Yuna A's in the top ten after the short, just a place lower than her teammate Tomoe whose SP performance I'm also happy with.
- Ayaka, this is quite a revenge for her last year's nationals.

melgirl25

Medalist
Sad for:
- Sui and Rin, didn't expect them to not qualify for the free. (Really wanted to see Sui attempt 4S in the free...)
- Mako, Yuna S, Nana, Marin, and Rinka did not do as well as I had hoped for
- Yuka, Hinano and Riona crying in their post SP interviews
- Mako kinda hinting at struggling with her jumps recently in her interview
Happy:
- Yuna A's in the top ten after the short, just a place lower than her teammate Tomoe whose SP performance I'm also happy with.
- Ayaka, this is quite a revenge for her last year's nationals.

What are the standings?

Joekaz

On the Ice
I still have no idea why Wakaba continues using the flip in her SP. That's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing and expect different results. One loop and she'd probably be in top 3 right now.
I agree, but to be fair the replay looked like she was ok but the tech was tough on her. She looked annoyed at her score so she probably thought she got it too.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
What are the standings?

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Kaori Sakamoto
3. Mai Mihara
4. Wakaba Higuchi
5. Rika Kihira
6. Yuhana Yokoi
7. Tomoe Kawabata
8. Yuna Aoki
9. Mako Yamashita
10. Ayaka Hosoda (clean triple axel!)
11. Wakana Nagawana
12. Yuna Shiraiwa
13. Akari Matsubara
14. Hina Takeno
15. Miyabi Oba
16. Nana Araki
17. Rika Hongo
18. Marin Honda
19. Hiyori Tokura
20. Saki Miyake
21. Ayumi Kagotani
22. Miyu Nakashio
23. Rinka Watanabe
24. Yuka Nagai
----
25. Sui Takeuchi
26. Hinano Isobe
27. Ibuki Sato
28. Rin Nitaya
29. Riona Kato

I am aware there are pages up but I decided to get more familiar with the names :)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished catching up on this, and I have to laugh at how much Taylor Swift is played during the replays. They just love her for figure skating events apparently.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Last night's highlights for me were Kaori and Wakaba. Satoko should have received 3Lz<+3T and Mai 3Lz+3T<. The tech panel was lenient only to top skates, not so to lower ranked ones.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm starting to think that my personal aesthetic is way more Japanese than Western. My favourite skaters are Satoko and Shoma/Yuzuru (and Javi) and my favourite FD last year was M/R's cherry blossoms. Why do so many of the Japanese skaters have such beautiful programs? It is like choreography and elegance actually matter to them or something.

I was thinking the same watching this event. Not dissing the US skaters one bit, but I would much rather have been at this event than US nats Detroit...great job, ladies.

Azikin

Medalist
Last night's highlights for me were Kaori and Wakaba. Satoko should have received 3Lz<+3T and Mai 3Lz+3T<. The tech panel was lenient only to top skates, not so to lower ranked ones.

I agree that Kaori should have won.