2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 389 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

moriel

Record Breaker
Big Spender is an over the top song, and really one that a little girl playing dress up should be skating to. A grown woman would look ridiculous skating to it, someone like Osmond probably would do it. Also, in America 14 y/o is freshman year of high school, and I'd say many if not most of my friends my freshman year were sexually active, so the age isn't an issue for me. Of course they all had mature/ing bodies and didn't look like a ten year old either. But it didn't bother me to skate to a fun, campy song. No clutching of pearls here.

I kinda agree, I see nothing wrong with a 14 years old dancing or skating to Big Spender.
To start with, if english is not your native language, those songs tend to be just cool songs, without any extra meaning or whatever. Even if you speak english, understanding lyrics on the fly is hard for a non native speaker, and blablabla. I mean, a childhood friend of mine was so in love with the "Roxanne" song that he wanted to call his daughter Roxanne. Luckily he checked the lyrics first lols.

Also, as a 14 years old, me and my friends used to dance to a lot of stuff that would make people here freak out on how age inappropriate it was. And we were "good" girls from "good" families and only one of us had kissed a boy by then.

Based on my own life experiences, i firmly believe that skating to "Big Spender" is much more age appropriate for a 14 years old than, lets say, a 15 years old skating to "Tinkerbell"

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Imo and this might sound horrible (I mean no offence). But as a teenager near that age range, I personally think that the only people who would have a problem with Trusova skating to that are adults that understandably want children to be protected from that sort of thing. Once you hit high school there’s no escaping it. The fact of how small Trusova is May also be a factor in this? I just find it silly that some people are so offended by that program that it still gets brought up the year after, because 13-15 year olds do a lottt... and the topic is actually quite relevant at that age from what I’ve seen. It’s not like the costume was inappropriate or anything, and young children watching wouldn’t be able to understand the lyrics most people have issues with so I don’t see a problem? Imo it was a good program.... :slink:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Clutching pearls??? I'm an Eagles fan, you think I have any pearls? :laugh:

Overly moralistic, Bible Belt, hater, yadee yadee yadee yadee. I don't think so, Tim:laugh:

And I should care whether a 14 year old knows about sex???? Thinks they're hot stuff??? Does dirty dancing????? Every 14 year old *thinks* they're a full blown adult, that's not news. In the immortal words of IceT, I been 14, you ain't been 57..... :rofl:

Big Spender is a completely inappropriate song for a 14 year old's program. Period, full stop. It's not her fault, adults gave her that program. I hope that she has a more appropriate song this season.

Which is, I think, the topic of the thread. Carry on:biggrin:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Oh my god, Sasha’s done skating the Big Spender Program.

Was the music inappropriate? Yes, I think that’s pretty objective. No 13 year old should be skating to Big Spender (im not even an adult (I’m 13) and I strongly believe that)
Did I like the program despite that? Yes

I think we should focus more on our Tiny Overlord slaying the competition tomorrow! :yahoo:

Orlov

Medalist
Big Spender is a completely inappropriate song for a 14 year old's program. Period, full stop. It's not her fault, adults gave her that program. I hope that she has a more appropriate song this season.

People, Trusova and her coaches are Russians. For most Russians all your songs are blah-blah-blah. Period. So, enough about that.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
To change the topic! Did you see the training videos of Trusova from yesterday where she did 4Lz, 4T+3T and 4S. How many do you think we will see in the competition? All three? or "just" Lz and T as in the test skates?

Mawwerg

Final Flight
To change the topic! Did you see the training videos of Trusova from yesterday where she did 4Lz, 4T+3T and 4S. How many do you think we will see in the competition? All three? or "just" Lz and T as in the test skates?

I hope all three.

I remember her test skate performance was first where I missed a jump. Only watching it second time I recognized double axel. During first try I thought it was an exit transition.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Juniors cannot do quads in SP. Does Sasha have 3A? With it she would be competitive not only with junior but with senior men as well.

karina17

Final Flight
Juniors cannot do quads in SP. Does Sasha have 3A? With it she would be competitive not only with junior but with senior men as well.

Junior ladies can’t do 3A in the SP (unless it’s part of the 3-3 combo).

Sasha has a great 3A off-ice, but the last video of her attempting it on ice without a harness was from two seasons ago, and she fell. I think she said she was working on it, though. I’m sure she’ll include it eventually.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wow, judging from St. Petersburg Cup (threadless I think) Moscow is in another league compared to them.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Gubanova change her combo to 3Lz+3Lo and usual 3Lz+3T+2T in 2nd half. she land both without problem but got < in her 3F. Her spins though... she got level LSp1, CCoSpV2 but FCSp4.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'd be inclined to give Vasilieva two spots at this rate unless Tarakanova is looking a lot better than she did on AOP IG and test skates

serephy

On the Ice
Gubanova change her combo to 3Lz+3Lo and usual 3Lz+3T+2T in 2nd half. she land both without problem but got < in her 3F. Her spins though... she got level LSp1, CCoSpV2 but FCSp4.

She had an error on the final spin and ended it early to avoid an overtime deduction.

serephy

On the Ice
I'd be inclined to give Vasilieva two spots at this rate unless Tarakanova is looking a lot better than she did on AOP IG and test skates

What video of Tarakanova on AOP IG are you referring to? The last thing I saw of her there was a pair of incredibly fast and perfectly centred spins on their instagram story and a video of Plushenko talking to her....