2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 391 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Lana05

Final Flight
I wonder if this Eteri vs Orser shading each other in interviews is going to continue throughout the season :laugh2: it certainly is entertaining :popcorn:

The biggest battle will be among students. Only depending on their results it could be said who's better. It's stupid to try proving anything off-ice

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The stream cut off in the middle but from what I've seen it's gorgeous. Just all I can think of is Medvedeva and how they were so close and now they're in different stratospheres from each other :(

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
How is it even shade to say that Eteri's approach caters to juniors more, that's literally what she does? It's not offensive, it's just a fact.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Anyone know what Sakhanovich's new SP music is? I thought she was keeping And The Waltz Goes On, but I think this suits her much more.

TGee

Record Breaker
The biggest battle will be among students. Only depending on their results it could be said who's better. It's stupid to try proving anything off-ice
My sense is that the battle may be more in the minds of the media and fans than real.

Eteri said some things in the heat of the situation a few months ago. Where she is at now, we will need to wait to hear.

Brian is just saying the things that he usually says about TCC's approach to senior elite skaters and saying that, while Zhenya hasn't worked this way before, he's very pleased with how she's adapting to their approach for adult skaters.

But I can definitely understand that, given that the Russian fans and audience haven't been following his interviews about his other senior skaters closely, they might read more into it than intended.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
bla-bla-bla. That's what my ears hear:
"The Russians, your victories are not real, they are "junior" victories".

He constantly promotes the thesis about "real adult women's skating". That is why he spoke with such disrespect about Sasha Trusova, that's why he spoke about Zhenya "her victories is only the tip of the iceberg". And now said about Zhenya "she has never worked as an adult." He tries to belittle us and our achievement. Bastard, in our own house!

The lady doth protest too much.

The overreaction and sensitivity by a subset of Russian netizens over Med's move and then subsequently dissecting all of Orser's statements under a microscope reeks of an inferiority complex.

DeeDee18

On the Ice

He constantly promotes the thesis about "real adult women's skating". That is why he spoke with such disrespect about Sasha Trusova, that's why he spoke about Zhenya "her victories is only the tip of the iceberg". And now said about Zhenya "she has never worked as an adult." He tries to belittle us and our achievement. Bastard, in our own house!

After reading the entire interview, I did not think he was belittling or shading anyone. After reading sports.ru headlines and selected passages that they presented, I did. You shouldn't think that everyone is out to get the Russians, especially since he's working with a Russian figure skater and the last thing he wants is to insult the Russian fed and make things difficult for his student.

qwerty1195

On the Ice

:slink:

leoleo

Medalist
How is it even shade to say that Eteri's approach caters to juniors more, that's literally what she does? It's not offensive, it's just a fact.

I'm a big TCC and orser supporter but considering his comments earlier this year about Zhenya not being allowed to chose her music or layout wasn't well received in Russia especially by Averbukh who choreographed for her for 4years, i think he could have guessed that "we work with her as an adult something her former team hasn't done before" wouldn't be well received either. But i doubt Orser even cares tbh

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I'm a big TCC and orser supporter but considering his comments earlier this year about Zhenya not being allowed to chose her music or layout wasn't well received in Russia especially by Averbukh who choreographed for her for 4years, i think he could have guessed that "we work with her as an adult something her former team hasn't done before" wouldn't be well received either. But i doubt Orser even cares tbh

It's not shade if it's true ahah Eteri and co do pick the programs, so much so that Zhenya skated to a program she didn't like (9/11 program) and even admitted that. There's nothing wrong with it when the skaters are very young, but since Zhenya is now an adult I understand why she would want more independence as opposed to her junior peers, or even Alina who is still very very young.

leoleo

Medalist
It's not shade if it's true ahah Eteri and co do pick the programs, so much so that Zhenya skated to a program she didn't like (9/11 program) and even admitted that. There's nothing wrong with it when the skaters are very young, but since Zhenya is now an adult I understand why she would want more independence as opposed to her junior peers, or even Alina who is still very very young.

i know all that and i agree with you but it's not great PR that's all i'm saying. To arrive in Russia and say that would rub people the wrong way. I mean i'm already seeing so many pissed people on the russian part of the internet :laugh2:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
i know all that and i agree with you but it's not great PR that's all i'm saying. To arrive in Russia and say that would rub people the wrong way. I mean i'm already seeing so many pissed people on the russian part of the internet :laugh2:

Considering the #jacketgate that happened here earlier this summer I think he would have to not open his mouth to avoid offending people

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Considering the #jacketgate that happened here earlier this summer I think he would have to not open his mouth to avoid offending people

Oh god. I remember #jacketgate again and I really wish I never saw all of those comments. I saw some messed up things being written across social media…

leoleo

Medalist

i'm not aware of what jacketgate is! anyway as i said i doubt he even cares :noshake:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Chill out.

These are just PR statements, coaches in US & Canada do it all the time cause they want to stress how much work they put in little details, hoping then to see higher components from the judges.

I don't think Eteri really cares about all of this, she has an army of excellent skaters that really are the complete package: they keep winning medals everywhere both in seniors and juniors, she has nothing to prove.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone know what Sakhanovich's new SP music is? I thought she was keeping And The Waltz Goes On, but I think this suits her much more.

She looked great and the music is very nice. Definitely a good style for her and you can see the coaching influence on her StSeq ;) Her only issues were technical mistakes. I hope she can clean up the FS and bump up on the rankings here :devil:

Nugamanova looked sorely disappointed :cry: