2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 444 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Want a good tango? Wait for Miyahara's performance

If it is like that Spanish SP she had few years ago than no thanks: I hated that program so much lmao

The last three great tangos I remember from the ladies:

(random order)
- Alena Leonova's tango 2014-15 FS
- Anna Pogorilaya Por una Cabeza SP
- Gracie Gold El Choclo's SP

This one from Elizabet is good, not memorable but good, Med's tango doesn't feel like a tango at all

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm really kind of fed up with Buyanova at this point.
She hasn't fixed Sotskova's URs, in fact they've gotten worse
She hasn't tried to fix Radionova's awful air position, and she's starting to UR now, plus pops and falls
She has helped Gubanova get back 3Lz-3Lo but now she URs her combos, has no energy at the end, and messes up her spins
She's taken away Polina's consistency -- even when she'd mess up she was able to regroup but that was painful to watch

I wish more people would go to Davydov or even Panova, who does juniors and novices but is in a whole other league above Buyanova

evasorange

Final Flight
After watching, I think Evgenia was just finally scored fairly according to what she did on the ice. It wasn’t a horrible skate, but the program does seem kind of empty. I did think she looked a bit more healthy, when I saw her at the Olympics she looked painfully thin. I’m sure as the season progresses she will keep getting stronger and add more to the program

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One thing I don't understand is how people who like Tuktamisheva's programs don't like Medvedeva's. I mean, Liza is great technically but she doesn't do much transitions neither. Haven't seen anyone complaining about her...and her performance is limited to clapping with hands and shoulder shivering..

I love Liza's programs! But then I'm old school and find Eteri's skaters programs so cluttered I have trouble enjoying them.

I think Med's SP is fabulous and fun! The tango isn't there yet, but I think she can make it :)

But hey, don't diss the shoulder shimmies! ;)

Katie0906

On the Ice
She hasn't tried to fix Radionova's awful air position, and she's starting to UR now, plus pops and falls
She has helped Gubanova get back 3Lz-3Lo but now she URs her combos, has no energy at the end, and messes up her spins
She's taken away Polina's consistency -- even when she'd mess up she was able to regroup but that was painful to watch

I wish more people would go to Davydov or even Panova, who does juniors and novices but is in a whole other league above Buyanova

Buyanova's group is overcrowded

Seruleane

Final Flight

Agreed- Buyanova is the most overrated coach IMO.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
https://mrsport.ria.ru/interview/20180922/1142324747.html Zhenya interview with Vaits.

About her 3Lz and why she's putting it more in competition:

changing the edge is always very difficult. But I'm getting more and more often to get the right jump. Sometimes lutz turns out so clearly and well that Brian (Orser) even exclaims aloud: "Wow, it was real lutz!" The difficulty is that work on lutz and the need to compete in competitions can not be divided. And under stress, the old mistakes usually return. [...] I see that everything gets into place. Let this not happen as rapidly as we would like. Miracles in this respect do not happen in figure skating, and Orser is not a magician.

On her motivation:

- You know, after the Olympic Games, I did not really have a failure in motivation, but rather an internal misunderstanding: what to do next, where to move? Now this misunderstanding is not present, and this is what I consider to be the biggest shift for the better. We did not take any extraordinary efforts with the coaches to make such a shift, although, of course, we discussed many things. Now I have an absolutely clear understanding of what I want to achieve this season, which in the next, what qualities I want to highlight and emphasize in myself, from what flaws to get rid of, what to become different. All these goals do not necessarily have to be global and imply some drastic changes. Rather, these are micro-objectives, which, as I understand now, are the main engine of human progress. It is important to continue to do these little steps, do not stop and do not get upset if something does not work out. Therefore, internally, I am absolutely calm. And more motivated than ever before. I've said many times already: you will not go far away with anger. Even on sports anger. I want to become better - and will. I know it for sure.

On her form:

I understand perfectly that my current form is not ideal: to spend four months without loads and for two months of work to return all your qualities is simply impossible.

Watch

Final Flight

I'm with you! This season she has hoarded so many talented ladies and doesn't seem to know what to do with them. Just disappointing.

https://mrsport.ria.ru/interview/20180922/1142324747.html Zhenya interview with Vaits.

About her 3Lz and why she's putting it more in competition:

On her motivation:

On her form:

Good interview. Also, appearantly she got her dresses literally in the last minute, because her and Tracy had to rework her SP dress in the changing room - turned out, it was too heavy :laugh: This season starts with a lot of improvisation for her.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I'd be pretty upset if I was Davydov. He also has the support and conditions of CSKA and produces better ladies, but is always passed over for Madame Buyanova...
although maybe that's good for Tarusina, Vasilieva, Muravyova, Berestovskaya, and Samodelkina...

laiyamanika

On the Ice
After watching Zhenya's FS, I suddenly missed Ilia Averbukh's choreography.
Please give me another program like Schindler's List or W.E.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
All right, so after me getting upset about some unproductive coach switches, here's how I would rank Russian coaches:

1. Eteri
2. Panova
3. Davydov
4. Tsareva
5. Mishin
6. Plushenko
7. Rukavicin
8. Klimkin
9. Chebotareva
10. Buyanova

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Good interview. Also, appearantly she got her dresses literally in the last minute, because her and Tracy had to rework her SP dress in the changing room - turned out, it was too heavy :laugh: This season starts with a lot of improvisation for her.

The idea of her and Tracy cutting away at her costume is just so entertaining. What a #mood for the season!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Told ya.

I was soo sure this was going to happen because that's exactly what happened to Polina Shelepen: all her skaters look sooo undertrained, i don't understand how they're going to compete.

Also i don't understand why suddenly everyone thought it was a good idea to give all these skaters to Buyanova when i remember clearly last year during interviews she wa praising Sotskova all the time and not much bothering about Radionova.

I think the real good coach at CSKA is Marina Selitskaia, considering what she is doing with Danielian and Yakovlev.

All right, so after me getting upset about some unproductive coach switches, here's how I would rank Russian coaches:

1. Eteri
2. Panova
3. Davydov
4. Tsareva
5. Mishin
6. Plushenko
7. Rukavicin
8. Klimkin
9. Chebotareva
10. Buyanova

I'd personally wait before ranking Davydov so high: we haven't seen him coaching senior skaters yet, and he has only one skater right now, so it's hard to tell how much there is from him on Tarusina's "successes" and how much comes from the girl.

All Mishin skaters (besides Petrov who is probably still injured) looked soo prepared this season, i think he will do well.

Also i think Tsareva is underrated, all things considered she brought Pogorilaya at a very high level, we'll see this season with Panenkova.

Watch

Final Flight
The idea of her and Tracy cutting away at her costume is just so entertaining. What a #mood for the season!

Right? But hey, nothing brings people together faster than having to get out of a crisis situation. I see it as a good team building exercise :laugh:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Actually Tennell was the first non-Russian EVER (in my memory) to beat Zhenya.

People who have beaten Zhenya up until now:

- Masha Sotskova (at 2013 JGPF)
- Sima Sakhanovich (at 2013 JGPF and 2014 JW)
- Elena Radionova (at 2014 JWC and 2015 Rostelecom)
- Alina Zagitova (at 2018 Euros and Olympics)

leoleo

Medalist
If Alina has a rough season with those terrible programs of hers, I can't wait to see how some of the same people here react that are trashing Evgenia now.

I have noticed that you have this obsession with making "oh so zhenya did this but what about Alina?" comments and it's really weird to me because; not only does the topic of Zhenya move to Canada; her change of coaches + different programs, underwhelming results at ACI have nothing to do with her but also because you're kind of insinuating Alina does not get a fair amount on criticism on this forum which is completely wrong. After the test skates for examples, people had many things to say about her "bad skating" "terrible programs" about her being "mentally weak" after she cried at the FS test skates, many commented that she's already over, i mean how many times to people here say she's not going to last long and she's gonna get injured and retire soon? Even Tat, Vait came after her after the test skates.
Both Zhenya and Alina get a lot of criticism on this forum unfortunately but unsurprisingly, they're the top ladies right now, the ones to beat but you acting like Alina is some kind of favorite child is laughable. At least since last night's results at ACI a few influential people have already spoken up in favor of Zhenya (Tat, Averbukh, Trankov), i do not remember Alina getting the same treatment and i doubt Tat for example would say a single nice thing about her if she performed like Zhenya did yesterday and ended 2nd behind an unexpected competitor.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I do not remember Alina getting the same treatment and i doubt Tat for example would say a single nice thing about her if she performed like Zhenya did yesterday and ended 2nd behind an unexpected competitor.

What excuse does Zagitova have to perform badly though? Technically, she's more secure and she's training in the same environment.

leoleo

Medalist
What excuse does Zagitova have to perform badly though? Technically, she's more secure and she's training in the same environment.

Why does she need an excuse? Making mistakes at the beginning of the season is nothing new for her. Last year at IDF she ended what? 5th in the sp? but pulled herself together when it mattered most and ended up winning. She grew a whole lot since last time she competed, she has to adjust her jumps to her new height, she's dealing with the pressure of being the Oly champion. She's not known for being incredibly consistent, i mean she had a terrible skate at Worlds.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

They say Alina is struggling since the end of last season. It's not that she is immune to injuries.