2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 445 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

ArenaWings

On the Ice
While it's a great thing that Medvedeva tries new things, I think the costume decisions are problematic.
They don't do any justice to her performance or her programs.
The short program's dress is not the right proportion, making her look not as thin as she was before, and the arms and thighs are enlarged.
The color scheme is also confusing. The spectators can see her golden blades clearly, but not much of the pink crystals on her boots, so I feel like the beads on her dress should be gold, or orange, but not pink.
Moreover, the SP dress shows too much of her skin. Showing more skin doesn't always translates into being sexy. Her black Anna Karina dress, and Yuna's James Bond dress both are sexy dresses, but they don't show cleavage or much of the skater's butt.

and for the FP dress:
That bright red seems more suitable for an young, energetic program, but her FP music is more matured, slightly dark and calm.
The skirt part doesn't fly in the air as well as the ones she had before, I am not sure if it was on purpose.
There seems to be some small dangling parts on that dress. They serve little purpose because we can't see them very well.
Also, the two strips on the top to hold that dress makes me anxious about wardrobe malfunction.
Even though the costumes might not affect her scores that much, I can't help but to feel disappointed about the choices.

moriel

Record Breaker
While it's a great thing that Medvedeva tries new things, I think the costume decisions are problematic.
They don't do any justice to her performance or her programs.
The short program's dress is not the right proportion, making her look not as thin as she was before, and the arms and thighs are enlarged.
The color scheme is also confusing. The spectators can see her golden blades clearly, but not much of the pink crystals on her boots, so I feel like the beads on her dress should be gold, or orange, but not pink.
Moreover, the SP dress shows too much of her skin. Showing more skin doesn't always translates into being sexy. Her black Anna Karina dress, and Yuna's James Bond dress both are sexy dresses, but they don't show cleavage or much of the skater's butt.

and for the FP dress:
That bright red seems more suitable for an young, energetic program, but her FP music is more matured, slightly dark and calm.
The skirt part doesn't fly in the air as well as the ones she had before, I am not sure if it was on purpose.
There seems to be some small dangling parts on that dress. They serve little purpose because we can't see them very well.
Also, the two strips on the top to hold that dress makes me anxious about wardrobe malfunction.

While the costumes might not affect her scores that much, I can't help but to feel disappointed about the choices.

I wouldnt bash her costume for SP
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1067158866.html

She says it was made partially by her (my guess, just a guess here is that it was sewn by her and her mother), and making FS costumes is tricky. So pretty much right before the skate she had to remove some of the stones and cut the skirt because it was too heavy.
The costume is not final version, so lets wait and see.

ArenaWings

On the Ice
I wouldnt bash her costume for SP
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1067158866.html

She says it was made partially by her (my guess, just a guess here is that it was sewn by her and her mother), and making FS costumes is tricky. So pretty much right before the skate she had to remove some of the stones and cut the skirt because it was too heavy.
The costume is not final version, so lets wait and see.

I hope so :pray:

If she can't get her dresses from where she had been getting, she can always consider Eunsoo's dress makers, cause hers look pretty good this season ;)

moriel

Record Breaker
I hope so :pray:

If she can't get her dresses from where she had been getting, she can always consider Eunsoo's dress makers, cause hers look pretty good this season ;)

I am actually not sure what is going on with her dresses, because afaik Ryabenko does not have any exclusivity agreement with Eteri's team, and also is able to sew dresses for Zhenya without fittings (as she did last season with one of the AK dresses, for example).
Pretty sure Zhenya could still get dresses with Ryabenko (imho, all Zhenya's dresses, except maybe AK ones, were amazing and also seemed to work great for her). She could do fittings in person too, while going to test skates, for example, I am pretty sure Ryabenko would accomodate such a top client.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stanislava Konstantinova talks about being disappointed with her errors in the free skate and wants to improve for her next event. (In Russian as we didn't have a translator at the time).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Told ya.

I was soo sure this was going to happen because that's exactly what happened to Polina Shelepen: all her skaters look sooo undertrained, i don't understand how they're going to compete.

Also i don't understand why suddenly everyone thought it was a good idea to give all these skaters to Buyanova when i remember clearly last year during interviews she wa praising Sotskova all the time and not much bothering about Radionova.

I think the real good coach at CSKA is Marina Selitskaia, considering what she is doing with Danielian and Yakovlev.

I'd personally wait before ranking Davydov so high: we haven't seen him coaching senior skaters yet, and he has only one skater right now, so it's hard to tell how much there is from him on Tarusina's "successes" and how much comes from the girl.

All Mishin skaters (besides Petrov who is probably still injured) looked soo prepared this season, i think he will do well.

Also i think Tsareva is underrated, all things considered she brought Pogorilaya at a very high level, we'll see this season with Panenkova.

Davydov also has Vasilieva, who was 6th at junior nationals, has a 2A-1Lo-3F in addition to 3Lz-3T, and is scheduled to make her JGP debut this week.
He also has Berestovskaya and Samodelkina, who as we all know are insanely good.

(plus Sofia Istomina, who made nationals this past year)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Zhenya will be getting a new SP dress for SC. For everyone who didn‘t like the dress. Maybe she‘s working with Olga again. I‘d love that because her dresses were always masterpieces but if she wants to try something new or can‘t get the dresses made and sent to Canada in 30 days, I‘m fine too. It‘ll be interesting whether her FS dress stays the same. I quite like it and think it looks good on her but I feel like for her music a darker shade of red might be more suitable.

madison

Record Breaker
I think she has motivation problems, it's extremely hard to find a motivation after you have won the biggest prize possible, i won't be surprised seeing her struggling this season, may be she will even consider retiring at some point (i hope not).
I don't like how she looks at recent photos (test skates and later) - as if she wasn't sleeping enough or was crying a lot.

you probably would be too if you had so many major wars where so many people died defending their "motherland"

Yes, i've also noticed that... Take the example this picture, actually a comparison after this year test skates and last year.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn25OIqBod_/?hl=en&taken-by=teamzagitova
Although she smiles, her eyes are sad ... I don't know if it's the make-up or something else.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I just watched Polina‘s FS. And man, it hit me hard. Didn‘t expect that... What on earth happened to her there? I don‘t even know what to call that skate. Oh, my poor girl, I really wanted her to slay this seaosn but this looked rough. I mean, I‘m always the one preaching not giving up on a skater after one bad competition and I‘m certainly not giving up on Polya because we‘ve seen she can do better at test skated but rather on Buyanova. What‘s happening in this team? :(

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Since olympic games nothing serious happened to Medve, but she suddenly dropped
from 80 SP to 70 SP. Same happened to Tsurtskaya today, and will happen to Panenkova.

Not jumping for four moths and healing from injuries is a serious thing.

I don't know Tsurtskaya, so I don't know what happened... but why didn't Eterimagic protect Alina from the meltdown on World's and testskates? We will see next week, but I am not really optimistic.