2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 448 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

colormyworld240

Medalist
I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Anna on the JGP again. Plenty of good arguments to go both ways but my gut tells me the RusFed will keep her back. I don’t really care because I just want to see her skate and I prefer the JGP so I’m fine with it but I’d certainly welcome her on the Senior GP.

I do think she would benefit from a little more power that she could develop for another season before a senior debut. I’d hate to see her losing out on PCS to skaters with far less technical ability on the GP but she’s going to be competitive no matter where she goes and will get good PCS.. Going into seniors with a JWC gold can really be a big help too.

I don’t know...I think it could go either way but I don’t find it absurd to keep her back for a second season and could even be seen as beneficial if she did one more in some ways(not all) Not only for her but for the RusFed’s interest too. She has plenty of time before the Olympics. A lot may depend where she places at JGPF and subsequently JWC. I think the judges like Alena a lot and Tiny Boss is a very real challenge to surpass. In two seasons when the points for a bronze at JWC vs a Gold or Silver are cut in half for World Standings it is more of an issue. I’m going to go look up the points for JWC right now...I’ve beem curious for a while. :think:
If she can get senior GPs there’s no way she’ll be in juniors again. There wouldn’t be a point. She doesn’t need more junior experience if she is competitive with seniors. Plus Russia has tons of talented juniors who need JGP spots and Anna going to seniors would free one up.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If she can get senior GPs there’s no way she’ll be in juniors again. There wouldn’t be a point. She doesn’t need more junior experience if she is competitive with seniors. Plus Russia has tons of talented juniors who need JGP spots and Anna going to seniors would free one up.

There are lots of seniors fighting for spots too though. Just saying. I understand the reasoning for her to go but I also see plenty of logical reasons RusFed would want to keep her back. We’ll see how she does at JWC but my gut tells me it isn’t completely unthinkable. If all three girls move up than that means one or two of them will no longer go to the big international events or Zhenya, Alina, and Masha are all done going to major international events. If Anna stays one more year she’ll at least get that major competition experience and a shot at JWC (assuming Sasha wins again). I would think that would be better than wrapping up the season after RusNats which would be completely conceivable even with a successful year.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
There are lots of seniors fighting for spots too though. Just saying. I understand the reasoning for her to go but I also see plenty of logical reasons RusFed would want to keep her back. We’ll see how she does at JWC but my gut tells me it isn’t completely unthinkable. If all three girls move up than that means one or two of them will no longer go to the big international events or Zhenya, Alina, and Masha are all done going to major international events. If Anna stays one more year she’ll at least get that major competition experience and a shot at JWC (assuming Sasha wins again). I would think that would be better than wrapping up the season after RusNats which would be completely conceivable with a successful year.

Well, she should already have senior GP spots in the bag with a SB of 205 even without JGPF and JWC scores yet. That's pretty good especially for not having a choreo sequence and junior PCS.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
It should be possible for Any of the 3A to do senior GPs and if one doent qualify for Eoros/worlds they could go to junior worlds (assuming they medal at junior nats). Im not shure how the qualification for this works but it should be possible

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, she should already have senior GP spots in the bag with a SB of 205 even without JGPF and JWC scores yet. That's pretty good especially for not having a choreo sequence and junior PCS.

GP spots shouldn’t be too hard for her to achieve any year she competes IMO. It’s not likely she is only capable of achieving it this year and not next. Especially if she wins JWC the following year. I doubt this is of major concern within RusFed. Unless she really likes GP and doesn’t mind potentially sitting out Euros and WC which seems possible IMO between her, Sasha, Anna, Alina, and even Masha.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It should be possible for Any of the 3A to do senior GPs and if one doent qualify for Eoros/worlds they could go to junior worlds (assuming they medal at junior nats). Im not shure how the qualification for this works but it should be possible

You can’t do JWC after being in the GP anymore as far as I know. I think they changed that after Radionova did it. There are Senior B events though she could do or really anyone who doesn’t make the international team.

That’s a lot to ask for though. Be clear top three of Sasha, Alina, Alena, Zhenya and Masha. All of which can still be competitive and all with more experience at big events. Not impossible but a lot tougher than a near guarantee chance to make JWC, JGPF, and have a chance to improve and gain experience. Stasya and Sofia are in there too at least to some degree. Seniors are going to be cramped!!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
For now on I want anyone predicting the demise of an skater in this thread to give me a dollar, at least this way I’ll get rich on people fatalism

karina17

Final Flight
For now on I want anyone predicting the demise of an skater in this thread to give me a dollar, at least this way I’ll get rich on people fatalism

You should also get a dollar for every time a clearly biased doomsday prediction turns out to be untrue. Then you’ll surely be a millionaire.

serephy

On the Ice
Mm, out of that trio, she's probably the one that's least ready for quads, so if she's going for it... will Akatieva do it soon?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a domestic quad race kicking off ... Akatieva is said to be training quads and Samodelkina is also apparently (seriously) training a triple axel.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Samodelkina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOF0yYpiTSo

I didn't think I could like this season's free as much as I did last season's, but I was wrong! Look at thoes arm movements, the edges and turns in her step sequence, the effortless nature of her jumps! :love:

Berestovskaya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFRSAuo_QsU&t=66s

This free highlights her weaknesses compared to Samodelkina -- more childlike presentation, less natural arm movements and steps, weaker jumps (even though she tries 4T it's not even close)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Samodelkina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOF0yYpiTSo

I didn't think I could like this season's free as much as I did last season's, but I was wrong! Look at thoes arm movements, the edges and turns in her step sequence, the effortless nature of her jumps! :love:

Berestovskaya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFRSAuo_QsU&t=66s

This free highlights her weaknesses compared to Samodelkina -- more childlike presentation, less natural arm movements and steps, weaker jumps (even though she tries 4T it's not even close)

Berestovskaya is lovely but if you guys hadn‘t pointed it out I wouldn‘t even have noticed that this should have been a 4T. Looked like a triple with a fall to me... :slink:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Berestovskaya is lovely but if you guys hadn‘t pointed it out I wouldn‘t even have noticed that this should have been a 4T. Looked like a triple with a fall to me... :slink:

She doesn't have the height for it, so she has to rely on rotation speed, but that's not really quad-ready either, which makes it look like... not a quad.
Akatieva is really the one I'm most excited to see, she has great potential to be adding a quad soon.