2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 583 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Konstantinova is wildly inconsistent. Not even that, she is consistent at messing up.
Her skate at Helsinki was basically the cleanest she ever skated in ages. She is like Misha Kolyada, has some goods but always makes mistakes.

Of course, people are not entirely convinced.

They should be convinced today.

I am also convinced Evgenia needs a new SP. She cannot focus on the performance and the jumps at the same time. Today was not good at all.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Sasha is so determined to get her jumps right. Today during the Sambo-70 exhibition, she did Kill Bill and missed the combo on her 3Lz-3Lo, and after her program ended, she just would not leave the ice till she managed to land a 3Lz-3Lo. Alina (performing right after) was warming up and Sasha was just there attempting 3Lz-3Lo after 3Lz-3Lo. After another fall (or maybe two? I’m not sure because the camera was on Alina), she landed a perfect one and the audience cheered very loud for her, and that was when Sasha finally left the ice. :laugh:

That's right, Trusova lately is having too much trouble with her best jumps, that 3Lz + 3Lo she did until blindfolded and injured, her combination was one of the fastest in history and now she can not even do it in a simple presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrfuOjhhlUk

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
They should be convinced today.

I am also convinced Evgenia needs a new SP. She cannot focus on the performance and the jumps at the same time. Today was not good at all.
Judges really tried to help Konstantinova today :/

She is too nervous for the SP right know :/ it is a happy and sassy song. I hope she gets more confident or they change it soon.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I say keep the tango, scrap the SP and do something classical.

Or even just bring back her Chopin SP. That was a lovely program for her. She can do something fun and sassy later on, when she's fully reworked her technique and has more confidence/stability.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Judges really tried to help Konstantinova today :/

She is too nervous for the SP right know :/ it is a happy and sassy song. I hope she gets more confident or they change it soon.

Unfortunately, it's too late; today he had the opportunity to qualify for the GPF and extend his career as a skater and he squandered it, practically today he said goodbye to the Grand Prix assignments in 2019 and with that he said goodbye to his career. We will see if tomorrow also Medvedeva says goodbye to her career as a Russian skater. Zagitova, Tuktamysheva and Samodurova will continue in 2019, no matter what happens at the end of the season, they will be joined by the trio of Tutberidze plus Tarakanova and a couple of juniors with good level. It's sad, but the rest of the Russian ladies will simply be left out.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anastasia’s coaching change to Plushenko seems to be really paying off! We are seeing her performance level and confidence improve. I hope she continues as one of Plushenko’s Angels for several seasons. Her 3-3 is still improving but the rest of her jumps seem to be better than ever.

This performance today really shows her taking steps to achieve a new level of performance. You can see flashes of that Plushenko flare starting to appear.
https://youtu.be/i4vwlJABY0I

PS:I’d love to see a pic or video of her and Yulia at the Academy while Yulia is there :pray:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Unfortunately, it's too late; today he had the opportunity to qualify for the GPF and extend his career as a skater and he squandered it, practically today he said goodbye to the Grand Prix assignments in 2019 and with that he said goodbye to his career. We will see if tomorrow also Medvedeva says goodbye to her career as a Russian skater. Zagitova, Tuktamysheva and Samodurova will continue in 2019, no matter what happens at the end of the season, they will be joined by the trio of Tutberidze plus Tarakanova and a couple of juniors with good level. It's sad, but the rest of the Russian ladies will simply be left out.

What are you talking about? :scratch2:

- - - Updated - - -

Anastasia’s coaching change to Plushenko seems to be really paying off! We are seeing her performance level and confidence improve. I hope she continues as one of Plushenko’s Angels for several seasons. Her 3-3 is still improving but the rest of her jumps seem to be better than ever.

This performance today really shows her taking steps to achieve a new level of performance. You can see flashes of that Plushenko flare starting to appear.

PS:I’d love to see a pic or video of her and Yulia at the Academy while Yulia is there :pray:

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

LOL!!! Of course she will get GP assignments next season. People want to see her. Liza had some pretty bad seasons and look at her now. Stasya, Maria, Polina, Daria, etc. are the ones who are in the danger zone. Zhenya will be quite ok. She's less than a point away from first place now. Don't you feel embarrassed writing such melodramatic drivel?

DenissVFan

Medalist

Is this what your crystal ball told you or what?

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Can you also ask your crystal ball to help me predict which startups I should invest in, so I can get that IPO money? Thanks!

zounger

Medalist

My feeling is that Anastasia could have succeeded in any sport, she is that type of athletic girl. And her strong side is, the very good interpretation of passionate programs along with a lot others.

Also, we should not forget that she was a top skater before moving to Sambo, she remained top skater there and she continues to be now with Plushenko. Which again shows her consistent qualities.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
I really, really, really hope Zagitova and Medvedeva make the 2022 olympics team. Everytime they perform it's "Alina is done, she can't jump anymore! Always UR!" and "Medvedeva is a failure! Orser ruined her!"

Sometimes I wonder if people are just eager to count skaters out. Both girls have it hard this season. But we've seen comebacks, this season alone Liza has shown she's a force to be reckoned with. And she's still upping her tech content. Evgenia is struggling, yes. Alina is fighting through her changing body. In no way does that mean both girls are done and off the team next year.

esteticlove

Final Flight

That was lovely :luv17: She skates like a senior lady already and this distinguishes her from the rest of the junior field. I recognize that she and Plushy have been working hard not only on keeping and improving her jumps but also in the presentation. What appeared to be very uncomfortable for her at the beginning seems now to become her own style. This is my second favourite tango of the season whereas my number one is Satoko's, so even this comparison is my expression for complementing Tarakanova.

SailorMoonBear

Match Penalty
I really, really, really hope Zagitova and Medvedeva make the 2022 olympics team. Everytime they perform it's "Alina is done, she can't jump anymore! Always UR!" and "Medvedeva is a failure! Orser ruined her!"

Sometimes I wonder if people are just eager to count skaters out. Both girls have it hard this season. But we've seen comebacks, this season alone Liza has shown she's a force to be reckoned. And she's still upping her tech content. Evgenia is struggling, yes. Alina is fighting through her changing body. In no way does that mean both girls are done and off the team next year.

Alina and Evgenia will have the last laugh. Sure, next season they may not podium at top events or even get one of the three spots. But how longs will Sasha and Anna be able to keep those quads? The tiniest changes to their hips and height can completely change how fast they are able to rotate.

People are so sure Sasha is the next Olympic champion, but I promise you it’s going to be a young, 15 year old quad jumping girl. We probably don’t even know her name yet.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
Medvedeva will not stop skating, she will only stop skating for Russia, she will skate for Canada, for USA, even for Armenia, but for Russia she will no longer have the opportunity with the enormous number of highly talented juniors who go up to senior. And do not compare her with Tuktamysheva, Tuktamysheva jump 3-Axel years ago, she does not evolve her PCS but the jumps are still there; instead, what jumps has Medvedeva to fight with the Russian ladies?

How many years does a skater have to take off in order to switch federations?

esteticlove

Final Flight
A, same old same old. None of us is capable of predicting the future..even if some of wished they were. I think the only plausible predictions we could make are for the GPF and RusNats this season.

melgirl25

Medalist
Medvedeva will not stop skating, she will only stop skating for Russia, she will skate for Canada, for USA, even for Armenia, but for Russia she will no longer have the opportunity with the enormous number of highly talented juniors who go up to senior. And do not compare her with Tuktamysheva, Tuktamysheva jump 3-Axel years ago, she does not evolve her PCS but the jumps are still there; instead, what jumps has Medvedeva to fight with the Russian ladies?

They should start lining up arranged marriages for her asap. USA? What?