2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 584 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was lovely :luv17: She skates like a senior lady already and this distinguishes her from the rest of the junior field. I recognize that she and Plushy have been working hard not only on keeping and improving her jumps but also in the presentation. What appeared to be very uncomfortable for her at the beginning seems now to become her own style. This is my second favourite tango of the season whereas my number one is Satoko's, so even this comparison is my expression for complementing Tarakanova.

Serafima has a very nice tango too :)

I agree with everything else!

- - - Updated - - -

How many years does a skater have to take off in order to switch federations?

I think you have to sit out just one.

neusw

On the Ice
That's right, Trusova lately is having too much trouble with her best jumps, that 3Lz + 3Lo she did until blindfolded and injured, her combination was one of the fastest in history and now she can not even do it in a simple presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrfuOjhhlUk

:rolleye::hslap: the only time in the last 2 seasons she’s fallen on a non-quad was at a domestic competition last season. Sorry she’s actually capable of making mistakes in practice?? GEEEZUS. Alina and Med are done, and now so is Sasha. Give me a break.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Everybody is done, don't you know? Next year they won't have any skaters, so Eteri will be competing herself.

malya

On the Ice
So everybody is done, and then the russian ladies will do a clean sweep at EC, JGPF, JWC... :)

But I was wrong to put my faith in Konstantinova... Again.

Zhenya really needs a different SP. I do like it, but with her tense 'murder stare' in competition she is not the right person for it.

And whatever Masha is skating to... I'm sorry I don't understand what is going on

neusw

On the Ice
Everybody is done, don't you know? Next year they won't have any skaters, so Eteri will be competing herself.

Good lord, I’d just love to see Eteri casually skate up to the judges and personally give each of them a silent death stare before casually skating off.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Good lord, I’d just love to see Eteri casually skate up to the judges and personally give each of them a silent death stare before casually skating off.

+5's across the board. No one gives a death stare like Eteri Tutberidze. No one.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Anastasia’s coaching change to Plushenko seems to be really paying off! We are seeing her performance level and confidence improve. I hope she continues as one of Plushenko’s Angels for several seasons. Her 3-3 is still improving but the rest of her jumps seem to be better than ever.

I think one should also give some credits to Londa. :hap85:

moriel

Record Breaker
Oh, seems I've missed about 30 pages of this thread. So, who was done during this time?

As usual, all russian ladies.
You know, the ones who are not doing well are done. The ones that are doing well will lose it all due to (100500 reasons) and will be done soon. Same bs as always

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
So, what needs to be done tomorrow to qualify for the GPF?

Medvedeva needs to score 132+ to get 200 total to beat Samodurova. She needs to finish 2nd, though if Mihara wins and Kihira is 3rd then Medvedeva won't qualify for the GPF anyway.

Konstantinova needs to score 145+ to get 200 total to beat Samodurova. She needs to finish 3rd and ahead of Medvedeva. If Mihara wins she won't qualify anyway.

That's it!...or is it:scratch2:

moriel

Record Breaker

Medvedeva needs to score 132+ to get 200 total to beat Samodurova. She needs to finish 2nd, though if Mihara wins and Kihira is 3rd then Medvedeva won't qualify for the GPF anyway.

Konstantinova needs to score 145+ to get 200 total to beat Samodurova. She needs to finish 3rd and ahead of Medvedeva. If Mihara wins she won't qualify anyway.

If Konstantinova is second or first, she is in regardless of score.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice

If Tennell somehow wins, then same situation if Mai wins

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Tennell’s TES was put through the TP wood chipper and she wins the Dead From Tech Calls award of the short. Not sure she’ll fare much better in the free and she won’t earn as much in PCS as many others.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I’m done, you’re done, this turkey is done, now shove your maws full of food!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I enjoyed watching Valeria Shulskaya in junior ladies today - not from Moscow or St. Petersburg, but very well done! And she's in third going into the free.