2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

andromache

Record Breaker

Literally just came here to share this!

She gets nice height on the 3A. In general, the rotations on her triples look better than at Nationals. (I think she rotated everything at Nationals, but the rotations just look much better and less iffy now than they did at that time.)

Some unique spin positions, and her musicality and execution of choreography are leaps and bounds ahead of Nationals. Nice to see her progressing so well on stuff aside from the impressive technical content!!

Literally just came here to share this!

She gets nice height on the 3A. In general, the rotations on her triples look better than at Nationals. (I think she rotated everything at Nationals, but the rotations just look much better and less iffy now than they did at that time.)

Some unique spin positions, and her musicality and execution of choreography are leaps and bounds ahead of Nationals. Nice to see her progressing so well on stuff aside from the impressive technical content!!

Big Props to coach Beata Handra for her work on strengthening Alysa's skating skills and execution of choreography.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Did she win? Her bio says that she's 12. She will still be a junior this year right?

I would assume, yes, Alysa won. (As I read elsewhere that she topped Amber Glenn's score, which was previously the highest one for the U.S. ladies of this new season). Alysa is still a year too young to compete as a junior internationally and is expected to compete as a senior nationally. So maybe not competing as a junior at all? Probably as an advanced novice internationally.

Vivian is competing. She finished third at something recently.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alysa scored a total 194.87 for the competition---70.87 for the SP and 124.00 for the FS. PDG for a 12yo---and 0.41 higher than Mirai Nagasu's SB score.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Alysa scored a total 194.87 for the competition---70.87 for the SP and 124.00 for the FS. PDG for a 12yo---and 0.41 higher than Mirai Nagasu's SB score.
Well to be fair, that's Mirai's SB internationally. Alysa earned that score at a local competition hosted by her club. It is very impressive but we also don't know if Alysa would earn that internationally.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Well to be fair, that's Mirai's SB internationally. Alysa earned that score at a local competition hosted by her club. It is very impressive but we also don't know if Alysa would earn that internationally.

Yes, it's an irrelevant comparison.

Comparing Alysa's international scores with senior ladies will be just as irrelevant. She can't compete a senior program internationally. And since a senior program has more elements in it than an Advanced Novice one, there is no way she would repeat the score internationally. For Alysa--scorewise--the question will be what she can score internationally with an Advanced Novice program and what she can score nationally with a senior program.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OTOH, Mirai has never landed a 3a combination in competition, and in the competition for which Mirai earned her SB (NHK), in the SP: 3f+3f<, 3z!< in the FS: 3a<

ice coverage

Record Breaker
OTOH, Mirai has never landed a 3a combination in competition ...

OTOH, neither has any other U.S. senior or junior lady who is currently competing.

But it apparently does not interest you to draw comparisons between any other U.S. ladies (in terms of scores or elements) and the precocious :bow: Alysa.

Meanwhile, Mirai has been supportive in general of other ladies working on 3A, and I expect that she is and will be supportive of Alysa.

They will be together in July at Westchester Skating Academy, which I hope will be fun for both.

(I have no idea whether Mirai is aware yet of Alysa's CCIA comp. But within the last few weeks, Mirai posed on Instagram story with four (IIRC) younger ladies who were working with Tom Z (on a visit to TZ, I believe) -- and Mirai happily noted that all of them are working on 3A.)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Everyone is very excited about alysa, but I can’t be until nationals, because she is even too young to be on the jgp.☹️

But my question : both Amber and Angela have a correct flip and a correct lutz, right?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Everyone is very excited about alysa, but I can’t be until nationals, because she is even too young to be on the jgp.☹️

But my question : both Amber and Angela have a correct flip and a correct lutz, right?

I think so....Has anyone seen Angela Wang this summer? I know she must getting close to the end of career and I would love to see her get on the podium just once. I think she's been in top 5 before but with all of her talent, I'd love to see her win a medal.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Everyone is very excited about alysa, but I can’t be until nationals, because she is even too young to be on the jgp.

She was sent to the Asian Open last year so she may receive another chance or two to compete internationally this season, however. The Greens did a couple events overseas the year before Caroline was age-eligible for the JGP.

rlopen

On the Ice

OTOH, Mirai has never landed a 3a combination in competition, and in the competition for which Mirai earned her SB (NHK), in the SP: 3f+3f<, 3z!< in the FS: 3a<

Alysa was also 10 points over Ashley's season's best so....

God you're so obsessed with Mirai. Like WE GET IT. You hate her.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think so....Has anyone seen Angela Wang this summer? I know she must getting close to the end of career and I would love to see her get on the podium just once. I think she's been in top 5 before but with all of her talent, I'd love to see her win a medal.

She's still training and doing well.

frallik

Match Penalty
Alisa SP 3A<< (3F) GOE -3/ -2.40=5.60, FS 3A<<(3F)+2T. SP 3Lz+3T<<, FS 3Lz(3F)+3T<<. USA J 2018 184.16, now 194 - Rika Kihira JapJ 193.46 - perfect 2 3A.