2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

ArenaWings

On the Ice
She used to do 3lo-3t on the JGP so maybe she could add one of those in the FS but the point I was trying to make is that her 3z seems too big to put into combination consistently. No need to tame that thing though. Sell it as it is for high GOE or shoot for a 4z to better utilize that hang time :popcorn:
Agree, I think Karen can get a quad out of that height, just need to find someone to work on the rotation issue for her. (I also think her spins can be faster) She will need that anyways to stay competitive internationally since Eteri girls are likely to have quads for the next Olympics.

frida80

Record Breaker
Alysa scored a total 194.87 for the competition---70.87 for the SP and 124.00 for the FS. PDG for a 12yo---and 0.41 higher than Mirai Nagasu's SB score.

This is a club competition. The tech controllers are super lenient. A better comparison of scores would be a domestic competition like nationals.

Alisa SP 3A<< (3F) GOE -3/ -2.40=5.60, FS 3A<<(3F)+2T. SP 3Lz+3T<<, FS 3Lz(3F)+3T<<. USA J 2018 184.16, now 194 - Rika Kihira JapJ 193.46 - perfect 2 3A.

Is this really necessary? If you want to debate rotations, fine. But why not just say you have doubts rather than this?

frida80

Record Breaker
I think so....Has anyone seen Angela Wang this summer? I know she must getting close to the end of career and I would love to see her get on the podium just once. I think she's been in top 5 before but with all of her talent, I'd love to see her win a medal.

SHE just had an program Choreographed by Michelle Kwan.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has Bradie announced what her new programs are going to be? I do love her skating but I was not a huge fan of her programs last season.

andromache

Record Breaker
Has Bradie announced what her new programs are going to be? I do love her skating but I was not a huge fan of her programs last season.

Bradie's LP is going to be Romeo & Juliet - we don't know which one though. It has the potential to be much more mature than last season, or just as juvenile. Same choreographer as last season, Benoit Richaud.

I'd like to see her do a tango or something Latin for the SP. And work with a different choreographer, for some variety.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Bradie's LP is going to be Romeo & Juliet - we don't know which one though. It has the potential to be much more mature than last season, or just as juvenile. Same choreographer as last season, Benoit Richaud.

I'd like to see her do a tango or something Latin for the SP. And work with a different choreographer, for some variety.

I agree...The best part about Bradie's skating was Bradie herself. Her LP really did look a program for a Junior. I do love her technical abilities and hope she has a great season.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've said it before, I'll say it again:
Will the posts STOP already that the every single program that Bradie Tennell skates looks juniorish?:ddevil:

Bradie's SP last year, the music from Taegukgi, was in fact far stronger and more mature, than 90% of the ladies skaters out there. In what universe was that juvenile or immature????:scratch2:

And I will tell you, having seen the show version of Cinderella at SOI, I did not find it immature or childish.

That said, I like variety, and I hope Bradie does something different. I really liked her "Greatest Showman" skate at SOI, so a competition version would be cool:thumbsup:

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Will the posts STOP already that the every single program that Bradie Tennell skates looks juniorish?:ddevil:

Bradie's SP last year, the music from Taegukgi, was in fact far stronger and more mature, than 90% of the ladies skaters out there. In what universe was that juvenile or immature????:scratch2:

And I will tell you, having seen the show version of Cinderella at SOI, I did not find it immature or childish.

That said, I like variety, and I hope Bradie does something different. I really liked her "Greatest Showman" skate at SOI, so a competition version would be cool:thumbsup:

I completely agree with you. I saw Bradie at nationals and both programs were far from juvenile. I also agree about her short program, it was very mature imo. I went to SOI too and I loved her "Greatest Showman" program!!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker

I do find Bradie’s Cinderella LP Juniorish. I saw it at SOI too and my opinion didn’t change- it still looked juniorish to me. I don’t even think it’s her fault, I just can’t get over the music. I really liked her SP last year- I thought it was unique.

I hope she has a stronger LP this year- mostly, I hope she stays injury free so she can really develop as a performer.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think it’s a YMMV. I saw it both at Nationals and SOI, and while I prefer her SP, I didn’t think her FS was juniorish as a choreographed program. It has some good transitions and I thought the clock step sequence was cool. I can see an argument that the packaging was a bit juniorish.

Anyway, considering this time a year ago, she wasn’t even in the conversation for the Olympic team, she did great. Onward!

creaturelover

On the Ice

I agree that Bradie's SP was mature (I personally loved it), but her Cinderella program can be considered a tad juniorish.

andromache

Record Breaker

I liked the Taegukgi SP and I agree that it was more mature than Cinderella, but I did not find it memorable or impactful in the slightest. It felt generic. I watched the program several times over the course of the season, remember having a positive response to it, but I don't really remember anything beyond that. She needs something with more impact.

Some fans (myself included) found Cinderella to be juniorish. It was more memorable than Taegukgi, IMO, but not necessarily for the right reasons. I personally didn't find it to be as bad as other people have said, but hey, different strokes.

(And while I do think there are a lot of Bradie haters out there who are pretty mad about her beating their faves, I'm a pretty hardcore Bradie defender. But I think she needs to improve her choreography and performance.)

Tutto

Record Breaker
I just can't stand Richaud's choreo - was really hoping for a different choreographer for Bradie :(

andromache

Record Breaker
Agreed 100%. This is one of those elements you have to see in person to truly appreciate it. Videos do not do it justice.

I had mixed feelings about the clock step sequence (I did not see it live, FWIW). On the one hand it was something cool and different and unique, but it also felt a little gimmicky?

I do think, more generally, that Bradie's step sequences are her weakest elements. The quality of her skating isn't phenomenal (probably about the same level as the rest of the top US ladies, if not a little better, but just not phenomenal), and her movements and body positions oftentimes look very awkward. From her waist up, during her step sequences specifically, she really reminds me of pre-2014 Gracie Gold.

IIRC, her step sequences are consistently level 3 and not 4, so that's something to work on for this season as well.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Any word on who’s going to skate Detroit?? I know there are a lot of summer competitions going on now, and some skaters are getting their programs out there. What is Amber skating to? She’s already gone to a summer competition.