2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 264 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

artsciboy

On the Ice
Has anyone asked Mariah Bell why her 3sal has been missing in action this season? Its not the lack of a 3-3 in her FS that is holding her back, its that without her 3sal, she isn't doing the 7 triples in her FS that most of her peers are doing.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
Has anyone asked Mariah Bell why her 3sal has been missing in action this season? Its not the lack of a 3-3 in her FS that is holding her back, its that without her 3sal, she isn't doing the 7 triples in her FS that most of her peers are doing.

To add the 3S she would have to take out the 2A or add in another 2-3 or 3-3 combo for the 2 2A and 7 triple program. She struggles with 3S historically as well so it might be better for her to focus on going clean next season and add it in next season.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm so nervous for Bradie and Mariah. I just hope they come off the ice happy. If they skate clean, I know we'll have 2 spots and that will make me happy.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Bradie's still doing 3Lz3Lo in practice, so I wonder if it's still on the table in the free depending on how things go.

This would make sense. A lot of factors could influence that decision, like how strict the panel was in the SP, how far ahead or behind Bradie is after the SP, how the combo is going in practice, etc. The Russians are a big question mark right now, so Bradie could place well if she's smart and takes the right amount of risk.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
This would make sense. A lot of factors could influence that decision, like how strict the panel was in the SP, how far ahead or behind Bradie is after the SP, how the combo is going in practice, etc. The Russians are a big question mark right now, so Bradie could place well if she's smart and takes the right amount of risk.
I agree, I think it’s good that she’s still practicing it but currently is planning the “safer” option of 3ltz-3t.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Quotes from Mariah Bell's pre-Worlds media call are part of Lynn Rutherford's article that was published today.

Talented Bell Needs Self-Belief to Peak in Saitama

3/19/2019 11:29:00 AM

https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...ell-needs-self-belief-to-peak-in-saitama.aspx

Good luck to Mariah and Bradie. :yay:

ETA:

Looking ahead, I have a hunch that Mariah will return this year as a performer for the Skate It Forward fundraiser in the summer.

On Mar 10, Romain was announced for this year's show, and they both were in last year's show (including a duet).

The only other cast member officially announced (so far) for this year is Alysa Liu, as previously mentioned in this thread.​

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope she risk it. she will not win on pcs. and there is nothing to loose

Well, sort of. Bradie doesn't have the luxury of taking too much risk if we want to regain three spots. There is no third skater to step up with a solid placement if she underperforms.

halulupu

Final Flight
Well, sort of. Bradie doesn't have the luxury of taking too much risk if we want to regain three spots. There is no third skater to step up with a solid placement if she underperforms.

3 spots are highly unlikely. she should look at herself. there is a slight chance for bronze but only with high tech. us fed will drop her as soon as one of the younger is stepping up (see nationals). they don't really care about her. go fore bronze bradie

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am very confident as Bradie had destroyed Evgenia twice if she is ahead of two Russians the US ladies will be back to 3 and Russia will be in deep trouble. Realistic best scenario for USA

1. Rika 2. Kaori or Satoko 3. Bradie 4. Kaori or Satoko 5. Mariah 6 ET 7 Russia 8 Lim 9 Russia 10. Swiss or Finn 11 Russia Well that is a realistic bad scenario for Russia too. Of course the Russian ladies could do a lot better even have two of them beat Bradie and all of them beat Mariah - then the three spots for USA would be in jeopordy. Russia will have a huge role as we just don't know what they will do here. Exciting indeed.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
I am very confident as Bradie had destroyed Evgenia twice if she is ahead of two Russians the US ladies will be back to 3 and Russia will be in deep trouble. Realistic best scenario for USA

1. Rika 2. Kaori or Satoko 3. Bradie 4. Kaori or Satoko 5. Mariah 6 ET 7 Russia 8 Lim 9 Russia 10. Swiss or Finn 11 Russia Well that is a realistic bad scenario for Russia too. Of course the Russian ladies could do a lot better even have two of them beat Bradie and all of them beat Mariah - then the three spots for USA would be in jeopordy. Russia will have a huge role as we just don't know what they will do here. Exciting indeed.

Wow you really have a lot of faith in the US ladies.

frida80

Record Breaker
Wow you really have a lot of faith in the US ladies.

Yeah, even I’ve lost almost all hope for this year. And everyone knows how delusionally optimistic I can be.

Here’s the only thing I can say is in their factor. Losing at 4CC. Often, talented skaters that have a set back at 4CC will get fired up and try and make a comeback at Worlds. Kaetlyn in 2017, Yuzuru in 2017, Satoko in 2018, etc. Sometimes you just need to get that bad skate out of the way so you can skate free at Worlds. That certainly seemed true for Ting at JW.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Bradie having ‘destroyed Evgenia twice’ is quite overstating it :p

Hope Bradie and Mariah can skate their best!

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

She did not destroy zhenya , besides that was at the beginning of the season where the change was still completely new for zhenya. if she and alina are clean than they will beat Brodie and Mariah cleanly

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

This comment didn't age too well. Happy for Mariah. Bradie on the other hand seemed very tentative, and that combo, yeesh.

natsulian

Final Flight
Good luck to the US ladies during the Free. Mariah has managed to accomplish her goal of being in the last flight during Worlds... I’m very proud of her. Bradie’s going to have to dig herself out of a hole and find the fight in her to complete a clean Free. Seeing as only 5-6 points separate 2-11, it’s still anyone’s game.

andromache

Record Breaker
There is a new thread dedicated to this conflict. I think all discussion re: Mariah/Eunsoo should happen there for now.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Mariah skated really well today. I think a lot of the coltishness in her movement is gone, and her jump entrances seem a lot more secure. Bradie also performed well and both could move up (or down) substantially given the closeness of the scores after the SP.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Fortunately, I know nothing about the controversy, I just want to say that I loved Mariah's SP and she skated perfectly. Bravo!