2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Interesting. Does this mean that Ting didn't go to Raf as someone ?TSL? had reported?

Ting is with Tom Z.

When I chatted with him at Philadelphia International ten days ago, we talked about (among other things) some of his new skaters -- not only Ting, but also Emmanuel, Young, and Yelim.

(I never knew the origin of the Raf rumor re Ting.)

frida80

Record Breaker
Looks like Tom Z had gained more promising ladies skaters in his bunch. It's fascinating to see how all the top coaches were rewarded for their successes at the Olympics. Bryan made out like a bandit without Zhenia. Raf was entrusted with Eunsoo and Marin. Tom Z got two of the Korea juniors and a few more US juniors.

- - - Updated - - -

Emmy is 18 right? Is she on the jgp this season or did she move up?

She's not on the alternate list, so she is probably getting a challenger series. Plus she's on the alternate list for the GP. She may get her own spot.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Should have added above that Akari Nakahara now is coached by Wendy Olson and Amy Evidente.

ETA (on Aug 26):
Wendy and Amy were listed for Akari in the event program for 2018 Nats. So my post is nothing new.​

Just noticed that Akari's ISU bio has not been updated yet re coaches.

At Philadelphia International, Wendy was with Akari and with Patrick Frohling. Amy was at Asian Open with Slavicek. Busy week for the team. :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Coaching change for Audrey Shin, who used to be with Raf?

Not clear to whom exactly, but she is listed in Tom Z's post re the first day of the World Arena Skating Academy (a collaboration of multiple coaches):

Other U.S. ladies listed: Ting Cui, Paige Rydberg, Livvy Shilling, Karen Chen, Mirai Nagasu, Brynne McIsaac, Avery Kurtz, Angelina Huang, Lily Sun.

(Other skaters listed: Vincent, Camden, Emmanuel, Alex Wellman, Tomoki, Andrew Torgashev, Yaro Paniot, Young You, Yelim Kim, Yi Christy Leung.

btw, WASA includes pairs as well, per Dalilah's post.)

yes, Audrey Shin was training with Raf as junior.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golden Skaters,

Moving forward, it has been decided that ONLY U.S. ladies will be discussed and/or mentioned in this thread. Please refrain from bringing up skaters from other countries. Please report any posts that do not apply - DO NOT ENGAGE.

The same will also apply to other national-based threads.

Thanks!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Akari Nakahara and Brynne McIsaac for their first assignments to a Challenger. :hap36: Good luck to them (plus Karen and Courtney) in SLC. :yay:

I hope that Katie McBeath also will be getting a Challenger assignment.
BTW, her Instagram story recently indicated that she will be heading back to Texas for another visit … to work with the Cains again, presumably. :cool:

Today's post from Tom Z has photos and more video from the newly-launched World Arena Skating Academy -- showing Audrey, Ting, Karen, Brynne, etc. (Plus the men.) Go, WASA. :dance2:

Golden Skaters,

Moving forward, it has been decided that ONLY U.S. ladies will be discussed and/or mentioned in this thread. Please refrain from bringing up skaters from other countries. Please report any posts that do not apply - DO NOT ENGAGE.

The same will also apply to other national-based threads.

Thanks!

Thanks, gsk8. :thank: :thumbsup:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Akari and Brynne won silver and bronze, respectively, at Philadelphia International, the first senior international for both.
Akari won the SP, and Brynne placed second in the FS.
Hope that both keep up the momentum and make additional strides this season. I will be pleased to continue getting to know them.

(Hmmm … I see today that the "US Field" entry list for 2018 has been taken down from the U.S. Classic site.)

ETA (on Aug 17):
Entries (including Akari and Brynne) now are posted on the ISU site: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111601.htm

ETA:

Nice to see the optimism and affection in Gracie's birthday message for Karen today:

graciegold95

Happy Birthday @karebearsk8 🎈🎁🎉
I can’t wait to see you next week and in Russia. Let’s make this year extra special 💫

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjMgpxBoCf/?taken-by=graciegold95 (Aug 16)​

Happy Birthday to Karen. :hb:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Angela Wang, Courtney Hicks and Starr Andrews have only one assignment; are they on the substitute list for GP ? What about Emmy or Hannah?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Angela Wang, Courtney Hicks and Starr Andrews have only one assignment; are they on the substitute list for GP ? What about Emmy or Hannah?

Not Emmy or Hannah. The other three can be considered for the GP. I think Wang & Hicks may be high enough to be on the GP replacement list regardless. Andrews is among the top ten if you remove all the Russian & Japanese ladies who cannot be selected due to those countries maxing out on spots.

The GP replacement list has nothing to do with the Skate America host spot. USFSA can select any U.S. lady they want for that one spot.

frida80

Record Breaker
Not Emmy or Hannah. The other three can be considered for the GP. I think Wang & Hicks may be high enough to be on the GP replacement list regardless. Andrews is among the top ten if you remove all the Russian & Japanese ladies who cannot be selected due to those countries maxing out on spots.

The GP replacement list has nothing to do with the Skate America host spot. USFSA can select any U.S. lady they want for that one spot.

Both Angela and Courtney already got their GP based on their SB. So they won't get another. They'll move further down the list. If you exclude them and Starr, Emmy will be in the top ten. As for Hannah, it's unlikely.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Both Angela and Courtney already got their GP based on their SB. So they won't get another. They'll move further down the list. If you exclude them and Starr, Emmy will be in the top ten. As for Hannah, it's unlikely.

What do you mean they'll move further down? The replacement list doesn't have those with no GP ahead of those with one.

frida80

Record Breaker
What do you mean they'll move further down? The replacement list doesn't have those with no GP ahead of those with one.

No, it means there off the list. They got their SB GP slot. They can’t get a second one. They need to be in the top 24 of the WR list. So that means they only get one.

The “they” in my post refers to GP host who select replacements.