USFS has updated its International Assignments Page:

Autumn Classic:
Emmy Ma
Bradie Tennell
Starr Andrews

Ondrej Nepala Trophy
Megan Wessenberg - Challenge Series/International Competition debut
Katie McBeath - Challenger Series debut

so then Emmy is moving up? hmm. Love her skating so much but hope she gets the tech help to get at the very least one +3 combo in her program. She simply can't be competitive without upping the content.

frida80

Record Breaker
so then Emmy is moving up? hmm. Love her skating so much but hope she gets the tech help to get at the very least one +3 combo in her program. She simply can't be competitive without upping the content.

At this point, she should focus on stabilizing the jumps she has. Her jumps have been off since her JGP bronze last year.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I fear for her. She has lovely skating and presentation, but when you're 18 and don't even have a triple toe -- there's only so much that good presentation can help with. But I love her anyway.

oly2018

Final Flight
Emmy Ma really impressed me with her presentation skills last year, but her jumps really are a problem. I thought she was younger, but at 18, she really needs to work on the jumps if she wants to continue to receive international assignments.

skatenewbie

Medalist
She didnt have 3T down yet? im surprised since she have all other triples even 3Lz. She need a +3T or 1Lo+3S combo in free skate to skate 6 triples with 2 double axel at least, kind of like Loena Hendrickx. Emmy also have really lovely spins, she got +2/3 mostly in her JGP. i love her layback 😍

haribobo

On the Ice
Basically everyone skating Senior at Nationals who wants an assignment kind of has to "move up" to Seniors internationally because probably the only JGP assignments will go to Ting, Hanna, Pooja, and Audrey. Maybe Coppess and/or Izzo can sneak one assignment. There are only 7 spots total for US lades on the JGP this season. Sure there are other random junior events but they are not as exciting.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I fear for her. She has lovely skating and presentation, but when you're 18 and don't even have a triple toe -- there's only so much that good presentation can help with. But I love her anyway.

I believe at 18 she can definitely still learn new jumps, it's not that old,( Mirai learned a triple axel at 24, Emmy can learn a triple toe at 18...) but it's a question of how committed she is to it and if she is getting the correct information to learn how to do it, in the way she learns. I hope she is.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Just to add, Emmy clearly has the ability to do a triple toe if she can do a triple lutz and flip and loop consistently. I hope she really focused on the toe this summer. Or, if she didn't, she continues to work it throughout the season every day of training...because she can do it!

macy

Record Breaker
she may get Finlandia Trophy, last challenger before GP start. Last season Polina was sent to Finlandia Trophy

i have a feeling if she was offered anything earlier than Rostelecom she wouldn't take it. I have a feeling she wouldn't be ready to compete that early in the season and would be more comfortable with Russia being her first showing so she has more time to prepare.

loopy1217

Rinkside
I believe at 18 she can definitely still learn new jumps, it's not that old,( Mirai learned a triple axel at 24, Emmy can learn a triple toe at 18...) but it's a question of how committed she is to it and if she is getting the correct information to learn how to do it, in the way she learns. I hope she is.
I like Emmy too, but isn’t she also in some youth orchestra group in Boston? I’m not sure if she is still splitting time between skating and that or if she focus one over other.

Also, I feel she can do technical jumps but always feel nervous right before the jump:/ She got a bronze last year is because she doesn’t have the pressure before...and end up winning a bronze.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I like Emmy too, but isn’t she also in some youth orchestra group in Boston? I’m not sure if she is still splitting time between skating and that or if she focus one over other.

Also, I feel she can do technical jumps but always feel nervous right before the jump:/ She got a bronze last year is because she doesn’t have the pressure before...and end up winning a bronze.

Yes, that’s why I stressed she can get it, if she’s commited. In an interview last year she also mentioned that she wants to go to college and doesn’t know whether she will continue skating in college.. then said she may take a gap year. This is her last year of hs, so she may be focusing on college....

MarinHondas

Final Flight
i have a feeling if she was offered anything earlier than Rostelecom she wouldn't take it. I have a feeling she wouldn't be ready to compete that early in the season and would be more comfortable with Russia being her first showing so she has more time to prepare.

While I agree she needs time, I do hope that before Russia she does some sort of local, smaller competition. Having your first comp back after an entire year of not coming doesn’t seem like the best decision imo.

macy

Record Breaker
While I agree she needs time, I do hope that before Russia she does some sort of local, smaller competition. Having your first comp back after an entire year of not coming doesn’t seem like the best decision imo.

If it were me I'd absolutely want to get myself out there at least once before a big event for the sake of feeling ready, but she might feel differently. Gracie will do what's best for Gracie.

andromache

Record Breaker
http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.c...n-chen-seeks-fresh-start-in-colorado-springs/

Nice interview with Karen from Champs Camp. I can't remember if we already knew that she was working with Tammy + Christy + Tom. It's unclear who her main coach is, so I'm assuming it's still Tammy (bummer). At least she has access to great resources and seems happy with her programs. If she's going with something soft and lyrical for her LP (which I think she is implying?), I think that will suit her well.

I wish she would talk about getting her jumps sorted out. :confused2: