2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 66 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It's finally confirmed that my girl Ting is now in Colorado Spring with Tom Z... I can't help but wonder if he is going to get her the quad there was a post on Instagram by her old coach showing her Falling on a quad since Tom Z is such an excellent technician along with christy krall could we see Ting be the 1st American Lady to land a quad

MarinHondas

Final Flight
It's finally confirmed that my girl Ting is now in Colorado Spring with Tom Z... I can't help but wonder if he is going to get her the quad there was a post on Instagram by her old coach showing her Falling on a quad since Tom Z is such an excellent technician along with christy krall could we see Ting be the 1st American Lady to land a quad

The quad sal Vincent posted only looked to be about a quarter off so it’s possible. Is she also working with Tammy? Because if she is only with Tom, I do worry that the choreography and artistic side of her skating will get lost as it does with so many Tom Z skaters. I think Tammy helps bring that back, as seen with Yi Christy and Young You(who work with both coaches).

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The quad sal Vincent posted only looked to be about a quarter off so it’s possible. Is she also working with Tammy? Because if she is only with Tom, I do worry that the choreography and artistic side of her skating will get lost as it does with so many Tom Z skaters. I think Tammy helps bring that back, as seen with Yi Christy and Young You(who work with both coaches).
She is part of the WASA Academy so i am assuming its a team effort.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It's not the music that was the problem. The choreography didn't fit the music and it didn't fit Pooja. The program looked as if it was put together very lazily. She deserves better, because her elements were great.
As I watched i wondered if she was so focused on completing the elements she left out choreography something i have seen nervous skaters do in the past

macy

Record Breaker
:hijacked: off topic but does anyone know what's going on with the page counts here and on the russian ladies thread?

macy

Record Breaker
The posts-per-page went from 15 to 10 so every thread looks longer. But the number of posts is the same.

oh! that explains it. when i first logged in here this morning and saw the russian ladies thread was like 700 and some pages i was like wait... :laugh:

skatenewbie

Medalist
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108812.htm

Mariah Bell and Ashley Lin is assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy 2018. Im pleasantly surprised to see Ashley Lin getting a challenger assignment! I guess Karen will get Finland or either she won't go to any Challenger before GP and Gracie might get Finland too if she's ready (which i think she was not, but who knows it still 1 month from now)

oly2018

Final Flight
I think Polina Edmunds is done. She hasn't spoken mentioned skating on social media in some time and she seems to be enjoying the normal college experience.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Any news about Polina Edmunds?

Anecdotally, Polina's Instagram story has current video of her skating -- I think as a performer at today's grand re-opening of Solar4America Ice.

(I am not saying that it means that she will be competing this season; I am not attempting to rule that in or out.)

Do you know what she is studying?

According to a Dec 2017 article published by Santa Clara University, Polina is a communications major.

Good luck to Ting this week at JGP Austria. :yay:

Angela Wang once again will be in the cast of An Evening With Champions this year. :cool:

macy

Record Breaker
did haley beavers retire? she doesn't post much on training/skating on her instagram anymore. i was really looking forward to her making a comeback...so much potential.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Competition chat: Update

This is a blanket post for all national threads as JGP Linz kicks off.

Just a reminder:pray:

Please keep all competition chat in the Competition forums. This includes scores, starting orders, elements, etc. Last week, we tried to encourage folks to post using their best judgement, however, some posters inevitably used various other threads as a replacement for the competition threads, and that is what we want to avoid.

Once the event is over, feel free to discuss in other Fan Fest, national threads, etc.

Should we find that folks are still discussing competition info in these threads, said threads will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks for you understanding and for supporting Golden Skate!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Are scores allowed to be posted after the competition?
Like last week after the end of the ladies' free I posted that Pooja was 8th with 160.60. Was that sort of thing not allowed?