Kazuki Tomono
SP: Cinema Paradiso

Yuhana Yokoi
FS: Phantom of the Opera

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Very excited to see Kaori do The Piano! Not sure about Claire de Lune for Rika

Did David Wilson choreograph Kaori's FS? I just wonder if Jason was around while they were choreographing it at the rink. I think it would be fun for him to hear his old FS music since the program is generally associated with good memories.

I think it's a good vehicle for her!

Edited: It’s a Benoit Richard program! I wonder what her SP from Wilson is. :)

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Well, last season she had out of the box music for her ex and people criticized it very heavily. I think she performed it quite well if I'm being honest, but people had such great difficulty looking past her costume that I guess they didn't notice.

To be honest though, I don't get why people want out of the box music. Carmen over anything pop or rock or jazz or blues or whatever any day for me.

People wouldn´t have had a problem with Alina´s ex, if it wasn´t because her costume and her choreography

zounger

Medalist
People would have had a problem with Alina´s ex, if it wasn´t because her costume and her choreography

Still makes it out of the box costume and choreography :laugh:

On a more serious note. There is so much diversity in people and sorts of people, that there will be enough amount of them to have a problem even with a different costume.

komorebi

Rinkside
Hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking for quite a long time! I'm extremely excited for the new season to begin and to see all the new programs and comment with you all!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking for quite a long time! I'm extremely excited for the new season to begin and to see all the new programs and comment with you all!

Welcome to Golden Skate, komorebi! Post often and post long!

Artemisa

Final Flight
Updates via Dreams on Ice program debuts:

Mitsuki Sumoto
SP: Tosca

Rika Kihira
SP: Clair de Lune

Mai Mihara
SP: "It's Magic" by Doris Day(?)

Keiji Tanaka
FS: William Tell Overture

Kaori Sakamoto
FS: The Piano

Kazuki Tomono
SP: Nuovo Cinema Paradiso

Yuhana Yokoi
FS: Phantom of the Opera

I like most of these music choices ... I like the choice of Mai Mihaare skating ... It's Magic" by Doris Day .. I don't like Clair de Lune for Rika Kihira ... I think she deserves better ...

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Very excited to see Kaori do The Piano! Not sure about Claire de Lune for Rika

My thoughts exactly!
First of all, I don’t like the music Claire de Lune, I think it’s boring and somehow “overplayed”, I don’t know why but it feels like I’ve listened to that piece a thousand times! So I’m not really excited to see that... *sigh*
But as always, it might grow on me throughout the season.
Kaori’s choice is very interesting and I think it will be a great program for her, haven’t watched it yet but I’m looking forward to it!

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Kaori just seems to have amazing music taste, I love most of the stuff she skates to. It’s so refreshing it’s sortve inbetween generic warhorses and completely creative ones.

komorebi

Rinkside
Kaori just seems to have amazing music taste, I love most of the stuff she skates to. It’s so refreshing it’s sortve inbetween generic warhorses and completely creative ones.

I've really enjoyed her music choices so far! Very refreshing, as you say :)

andromache

Record Breaker

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I wonder how actually involved Tarasova will be in the choreography? Her dramatic style could really suit Polina!

I also think this indicates very good things for Polina from a political perspective.

I agree. I'm really excited to see her start getting the love she deserves from the RusFed :)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I wonder how actually involved Tarasova will be in the choreography? Her dramatic style could really suit Polina!

I also think this indicates very good things for Polina from a political perspective.

Yes Polina could become Buyanova #1 and therefore Russia #3 with the help of TAT

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well TAT also helped choreographed Anastasia Gubanova's LP so.....................I wouldn't read too much into it until I see the programs and how stable all 4 of Buyanova's ladies are over the course of the season.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

It is pretty upsetting realization about Figure Skating that we're inclined to openly allude that this or other thing is advantageous from a political perspective after so many years of trying to fix that problem. :( Instead we face it in more intensified manner or maybe we are becoming more aware of it.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker

bewitched

On the Ice
The music sounds like a version of Caravan to me. So if anyone was hoping Nathan would skate to jazz, well, there it is.
It is, an it sounds like the version of Fanfare Ciocarlia, a Romanian brass band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7W4-DLFEA
I couldn't imagine an American skating to Balkan music and personally, it looks like the person who made the video just chose a favourite piece of music as a background. But if that's his music, it would be really cool! Balkan music is very energetic and full of soul, he could definitely benefit from it and be a bit more playful with the audience!