2018-2019 Russian Nationals: Ice Dance RD | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals: Ice Dance RD

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
If anyone finds a stream, please be kind enough to link it here!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
The first group is on the ice. Good luck to everybody!!! Levels 3 and 4, all the YYYYYYYY in the patterns part (IIRC, there are 8 of them or maybe more?), gorgeous lifts, wobble-free tweezles and no deductions!

I am so excited about Stepanova/Bukin and Sinitsina/Katsalapov fight. I like both the pairs and can't decide who I would like to win. In the prediction game I placed Vika and Nikita on the first place, but will they become the Russian Champions?

Metis

Record Breaker
Zagorski and Guerreiro got unlucky with the draw, but I like their RD much more than their FD, so hopefully we kick things off on a good note.

Metis

Record Breaker
The first group is on the ice. Good luck to everybody!!! Levels 3 and 4, all the YYYYYYYY in the patterns part (IIRC, there are 8 of them), gorgeous lifts, wobble-free tweezles and no deductions!

Four key points in each half of the pattern, so a total of eight.

It all depends on what kind of TP shows up: the GP standard or the “I’ve seen more spine in jellyfish” one from Golden Spin. :D

rachno2

Record Breaker
I know nothing about ice dance but I really love Tiffani

Oh god TAT is commenting on this stream....

Metis

Record Breaker
I love Tiff's hair! :love:

I like it too, but I’m starting to find it distracting and in a discipline as presentation-focused as ID, I wonder if it isn’t hurting their scores slightly.

The colour is also jarring in their FD, but I have a lot of problems with the FD, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Metis

Record Breaker
I know nothing about ice dance but I really love Tiffani

Oh god TAT is commenting on this stream....

TAT has been relatively restrained during the programmes! Let’s see if it lasts.

Also, howdy, stranger. ;) I was afraid I’d be talking to myself in here.

rachno2

Record Breaker
TAT has been relatively restrained during the programmes! Let’s see if it lasts.

Also, howdy, stranger. ;) I was afraid I’d be talking to myself in here.

I’m about to board a plane, so not for long, sorry!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(creeps out) I was lurking, I was just keeping quiet because I know nothing :biggrin: My faves have already skated, but I'm curious about the S/B vs S/K battle so I'm staying up.

That is very low TES. And PCS. Ouch.

Metis

Record Breaker
I am forever too sober for this programme.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I disagree with the opinion that Imma Imma be Tango is a good idea.

Metis

Record Breaker
Okay, so this programme is a disaster but overlooking that... they really should have just done a hip-hop FD. If you can get past the aural assault that is “I’mma Be,” you can see that they actually aren’t bad at translating hip-hip to ID — if they had a FD that allowed them to explore that niche, it would actually be interesting and memorable in the right way.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Evdokimoma/Bazin's music is sooooo unsuitable for the TR. :noshake:

I always think this couple still have a Soviet era look about them. From Siberia.