2018-2019 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

GGFan

Record Breaker
As I said at GPF this is by far my fav T/M program. No gimmick or fake emotion. Not charismatic but clean lines, beautiful skating skills, and wonderful ice coverage.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That is the best performance of that program they've given. They're still in search of A Style To Call Their Own, but that is a much better fit than bleached out RnB. Elton John never did them any favors. THEY should go to Moskvina.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you for the play by plays and translations :)

TAT just called T/M “our gingers” lol

Funny that, because I keep trying to claim Vladimir as an honourary Irishman, because he is the definition of the stereotype (ginger hair, freckles...)

I'm not the stereotype, by the way (as you will see if you look at my avatar).

CaroLiza_fan

moriel

Record Breaker
TAT: so good, how happy i am
I am very happy that Zhenya and Volodya, our redheads
That Nina Mikhailovna fixed them a bit, big thanks to her for it

One lift a bit dangerous, but he (volodya) fixed it
Interesting to see what level they gave on it

Death spiral is perfect

I love very much this program, Petya Tchernyshev, big thanks to you (babbles something about hotels, i lost the line there)

But today they remind...

I am happy he [Trankov] showed up

How could they not do it, since Zhenya already skated basically without a leg once, and a second time too

Very happy, very happy

rachno2

Record Breaker
As I said at GPF this is by far my fav T/M program. No gimmick or fake emotion. Not charismatic but clean lines, beautiful skating skills, and wonderful ice coverage.

I’m still not in love with this program for them, but some day they will find the right one and it will all come together. Their Rach short from last season is still my favorite thing they have ever done

Z/E are a quality pair, but this program is such an anticlimactic way to end the competition. What were they thinking choosing this?

Even TAT couldn’t pretend to be excited over that.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm meh about the program, but that was spectacular. The medalists are just marvelous today :bow:

readernick

Medalist
I am not trying to be critical but the current performance really pales in comparison to two that came before it. Nothing wrong but it is such a random program and lacking the charisma of B/K and the amazing quality of T/M.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well they skated that about as well as they can, and it's still so boring and so generic.

The shame is they've been so successful this year, they'll probably repeat the formula again next year.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GGFan

Record Breaker
Good for Z/E but can they get better material?? This so feels like a 4th place program in the Soviet era. :slink:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Wow, i loved all last three pairs. All of them fantastic! When was the last time i was impressed by the whole podium? :agree:

rachno2

Record Breaker
Zabijako is a closet diva waiting for the right program to shine imo. Give her something dark and edgy and interesting. That SP is corny, but she gets really into it.

moriel

Record Breaker
TAT
Bravo, Simply great. They never skated like this
Its clear that they trained and prepared
Thanks to Igor Krutoi for such music

Judges have a hard task

Their combination is harder
When you do it, everything is added up

Natasha raised landings "from the dead"

Talks about T/M throw, how beautiful it is. Moser fixed it, and now its just perfect

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I do have to agree that it's a bit of an anticlimactic ending to a competition, but I'm too happy for Sasha and Mitya to be critical :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Watched top 3 with my mom and sister - while we appreciated classical beauty, lines and carriage of Evgenia and Vladimir, stylish modernity and elegance of Natalia and Alexander, we collectively LOVED youthful exuberance joy and whole artistic/technical package of Alexandra and Dmitrii - Maestra Moskvina still is the best coach who tries her best to round the pair in tech/presentation balance, giving a classic of music, but making it memorable, getting out pair' character. A beautiful Christmas gift.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Zabijako is a closet diva waiting for the right program to shine imo. Give her something dark and edgy and interesting. That SP is corny, but she gets really into it.

It is a bit of kiddie 3rd grade theatre with costuming, literacy and clutter, but it catches an eye and they are feeling themselves all right :laugh:. It is not he most sophisticated creation, but it gives an alternative and gives a performance.