2018 Asian Open Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Asian Open Rhythm Dance

Danny T

Medalist
Ko/Ko 60.78, in third place. Standings are currently, Parsons - W/L - K/K.

Haven't watched Parsons, but I love Wang/Liu's short the most. Not digging all the slow tango at all, I prefer more speed and attack.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I hope they are going to keep streaming on Facebook, it's much more stable. Wish they'd move the camera though...

chameleon

On the Ice
Sleepy and obviously can't get a close look at the elements, but didn't see any major errors from the Parsons? Will be interested to see those protocols.

Danny T

Medalist
It starts with the Parsons. Looks like the PRK team withdrew?

I saw a fancam of the PRK team though. I think the Thai team withdrew. The second group is supposed to have 3 teams (W/L, K/K, K/D) and them but I didn't see them.

oly2018

Final Flight
I am curious to see the protocols. The top 3 teams are very close and i was not expecting that at all.

Andrea82

Medalist
I expected P/P and W/L being close. I expected K/L to be third but not so close to the other 2 teams

So recapping

1) Parsons/Parsons 64.47
2) Wang/Liu 63.60
3) Komatsubara/Koleto 61.28
4) Ning/Wang 43.71
5) Kerry/Dodds 43.53
6) Phyo/Choe 34.82

humbaba

Final Flight
The Parsons took a hit on base value in the second tango pattern. They scored over a point less in BV compared to the second and third place teams. I think that is why the scores were closer than many expected.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Im not sure if my expectations are too high for the Pasons in this event but they were just flat

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Im not sure if my expectations are too high for the Pasons in this event but they were just flat

I think a big part of that is because of the Parsons' music and program composition. Both the lift and twizzles, the more exciting elements from the perspective of the audience, were completed within the first piece of music, which is somewhat of a snooze. The second piece, although more lively, is repetitive and played through both the pattern and step sequence, seemingly dragging on. The music doesn't really facilitate that passion in the tango and doesn't provide many highlights to hit the elements on. Their pattern and step sequence is executed with decent speed and they do have nice matching leg lines throughout.

For Wang/Liu, they were somewhat cautious on the pattern and I would have liked better extension of their free legs during it. I enjoyed the second half of their program. I see an improvement in their projection and they seem to be skating bigger than before. They have better flow now; for example, all parts of the lift, from entry to exit, were executed smoothly. I do generally like this different approach of tango program with the lively Pirates of the Caribbean music. Overall a good debut from them and I am curious to see what their new coaches, Marie-France/Patrice, has come up with for their free dance.

skatemd1

On the Ice
I think a big part of that is because of the Parsons' music and program composition. Both the lift and twizzles, the more exciting elements from the perspective of the audience, were completed within the first piece of music... Their pattern and step sequence is executed with decent speed and they do have nice matching leg lines throughout.

Thought these were the highlights too. Overall I like the program and thought this was a good performance, especially for early season event like this, but some things to clean up on second pattern. Can't wait to see Free Dance, which was very good in Lake Placid. Strong, fast and clean lines on the ice. Love this team! Wang/Liu did a great job too. Nicely done for all the top 3.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I fully intended to watch this for Wang/Liu alone, but zonked out too early to catch it. But i just watched the video, and Heck Yes Wang/Liu!!! LOVED their program, I'm going to watch it eagerly all season. Pirates of the Caribbean, clapping, and what looks like a great lift. I wasn't looking forward to a year of tango, but any competition where Wang and Liu are doing this one will justify the whole theme.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
That is a winner from Wang/Liu - pretty original for RD, well-thought, with great idea, pace, character and spirits. I do hope that more speed and fluidity will follow, especially in pattern (this will be no joke even for top teams, one of the hardest ones in my opinion, especially to be skated in full). Clapping stuff adds to presentation and accentuates movement/music pretty well. Something to look forward to this season:)