2018 Grand Prix Final Ladies Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Ladies Short Program

figurefan0726

Final Flight
My thoughts:
1. Rika was overscored on PCS.
2. Kaori Sakamoto was underscored.
3. Satoko somehow has a lower PCS than Rika. It doesn’t make sense. (Sorry Rika).
4. Alina was underscored as well. I had that program at about 79-80.
5. The judges hugely favored Rika Kihira today.
6. The free skate is gonna be a cracker!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Don't know where I'd want Zagitova to go in Russia, tbh. CSKA is a nope(they have some jr men with nice skating tho), Chebotareva is a nope, Rukavicin- uh, nope, the bombing might rub off(sorry Aliev)... Changing technique and working on SS is a long and hard process, but I'm glad Medvedeva made the decision to do so and go to Orser(don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the only solution).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wow...this was tremendous.
Rika is a genius, and although it will still take more time for me to warm up to her, she's got it all! Amazing performance under pressure.

My favorite performance is still Satoko. Her SP makes me want to cry, it's so beautiful. But the jumps make me want to cry for the other reason. --Gabatte in the free Satton!

Sofia is such a fun skater. I enjoyed her SP tremendously as well.

--In fact, all the ladies skater amazingly, and I was impressed by all of them. The Alina vs Rika fight for gold is a good one, nothing is certain, it's still all to play for in the LP. Gooo Girls!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, now the question is - what do I do now until it is time for breakfast?

Should I watch the last of the things I have to catch up on from last weekend on the ESP Player (the last half hour of the Ladies Super G; the lead-in to the Biathlon Mexed Relay; and the Women's U-17 World Cup Final) that are expiring over the weekend?

Or should I go straight into the Juniors?

Or, should I go back to bed? (No point - I'll never go to sleep after being awake this long)

Decisions, decisions! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

LaArdilla

Medalist
geez she looks like she's about to pass out and fall right asleep sitting in the K&C

I know! Go and get something nutritious to eat, Alina!

Okay, two shorts and no falls yet, shaping up to be a great event!

frida80

Record Breaker
This happened last season as well. With Alina and Evgenia

And Rika has 3 3A. It will be impossible for any current ladies to touch her if she becomes consistent with her 3As. It will be up to Trusova and Shcherbakova.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Poor Satoko skated right after Rika's giant score. It must have spooked her even they train together everyday and she lost to Rika recently.
Rika's elements were great when viewed separately, but I just don't like the music and uber innocent approach to the program.
Alina handled the pressure pretty well. I think she should ditch these different entries to the jumps because the GOE awarded this season was negligible.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Stream froze for good during Alina skate, so I can't say much.... but I'm not suprised at Satoko's TES. Like I said during GP, it will hurt her in the end, when judges go easy on calling her jumps. She looked so dissapointed. Thank goodness I did see Rika's skate! She was wow! Sofia was wow as well! Liza was good, but we all know, it could be even better.

axon

Rinkside
So, now the question is - what do I do now until it is time for breakfast?

Should I watch the last of the things I have to catch up on from last weekend on the ESP Player (the last half hour of the Ladies Super G; the lead-in to the Biathlon Mexed Relay; and the Women's U-17 World Cup Final) that are expiring over the weekend?

Or should I go straight into the Juniors?

Or, should I go back to bed? (No point - I won't go to sleep after being awake this long)

Decisions, decisions! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

The U-17 cup final was good, Claudia Pina will be quite the player!

theharleyquinn

Medalist
My thoughts:
1. Rika was overscored on PCS.
2. Kaori Sakamoto was underscored.
3. Satoko somehow has a lower PCS than Rika. It doesn’t make sense. (Sorry Rika).
4. Alina was underscored as well. I had that program at about 79-80.
5. The judges hugely favored Rika Kihira today.
6. The free skate is gonna be a cracker!

I really can't see how Rika could be overscored on PCS but Alina was underscored. Satoko's a separate conversation, although today wasn't her best.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
You think going to Mishin would help her develop? He's all about the jumps and not much else.

He made Liza become competitive again. For a Russian lady she has a very long career IMO. Liza also seems to be enjoying herself and developed her own style over the years under Mishin. Like it or not - she looks happy, relaxed and confident. So Mishin is doing something right with her.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I know! Alina looks like she'd be capable of some incredible programs if they were cohesive and such. I'm not sure what Daniil's thinking behind Phantom is...maybe he drunk too much coffee before choreographing it and that's why it's all over the place!

He appears to be drinking too much caffeine every time he choreographs.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I like all the girls (me being russian lol), but Satoko has all of my heart. And she like never got gpf medal, if memory serves?
She has two, both silver, from the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.

I figured that Rika's PCS would climb just like Alina's did with success -- which ultimately just leads to the PCS being accurate, as Rika's component scores should be higher than Alina's.

Now, we'll see if she can hold it together in the free. She's bought herself some margin for error here.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:( she usually peaks later in the season, doesn’t she? She needs to bring those old dresses back; I think they were good luck!

She easily can win bronze still people don't panic. But yes she has be dumped? bumped? passed by Rika. Satoko though is the solid lady in Japan. Last year Kaori looked to be the shooting star. The Wakababy but Satoko was there. After some stutter starts the judges have announced their love of Rika - look at her pcs they rose faster than anything.

I would feel most sorry for Liza. She probably won't medal after fighting so hard to get back. But these ladies are fierce. Good for Alina for not totally giving up. But I am surprised Rika got such amazing pcs and even tes - because didn't she miss a level or two on spins?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
She has two, both silver, from the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.

I figured that Rika's PCS would climb just like Alina's did with success -- which ultimately just leads to the PCS being accurate, as Rika's component scores should be higher than Alina's.

Yes it should. Rika had a more polished performance here.

neusw

On the Ice
Don't know where I'd want Zagitova to go in Russia, tbh. CSKA is a nope(they have some jr men with nice skating tho), Chebotareva is a nope, Rukavicin- uh, nope, the bombing might rub off(sorry Aliev)... Changing technique and working on SS is a long and hard process, but I'm glad Medvedeva made the decision to do so and go to Orser(don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the only solution).

There are no Russian coaches specializing in teaching strong skating skills except Turenko and Panova, who do not have much political power, so there are really no good options.