2018 Inge Solar Memorial: ISU Info | Golden Skate

2018 Inge Solar Memorial: ISU Info

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The assignments lists are up. Lots of juniors going for those senior minimums now that the JGP is over.

Mishina/Galiamov!

The ice dance event is almost curiously well-attended. What’s with all the teams who not only did a Challenger already but have multiple Grand Prix assignments?

Aurora Cotop is the lone Canadian junior here (one of two overall), evidently aiming to be able to go to 4CC/Worlds if things go well at Nationals.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm so happy that Roman Sadovsky got a 2nd Challenger Series event! :dance2: (Especially considering that he most likely won't be assigned to a 2nd GP.)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
The ice dance event is almost curiously well-attended. What’s with all the teams who not only did a Challenger already but have multiple Grand Prix assignments?

Most dance teams do two Challengers unless they can get into the GPF. (Sinitsina & Katsalapov don't usually do two, but they didn't get to Euros/Olympics/Worlds last year so they need the points).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maxim Kovtun's name was removed from the Entries List today.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Gubanova was changed to Sakhanovich. Not sure why but someone mentioned that Gubanova still needs to qualify to nationals, and the remaining competitions happen a week before and a week after this. However, Tarusina's in the same situation and is here, and the fifth competition (the one the week after) is in the city that they both train in: Moscow, so less travel time.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
In pairs two junior couples doing this CS before JGP Final: Mishina/Galiamov and the young Americans. I doubt the Spanish appear there, as it would be their third event in a row after GP Helsinki and GP NHK. So much travelling and jet lag is probably too much.

Ice dance looks really good. Charlene and Marco will probably win this, but the battle for the remaining medals should be between the Americans, the French and, who knows, maybe the British, Shpilevaya/Smirnov or the Poles who are training in Montreal?

BTW, I didn't know Australia had two ice dance teams. That's excellent for internal competition.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
BTW, I didn't know Australia had two ice dance teams. That's excellent for internal competition.

Matilda and William were out for a lot of last season after he broke his ankle, and only made it back for Four Continents, so they were easy to miss for a while! I like them a lot, though, and hope they continue to improve, as they were looking good on the JGP.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kailani Craine has officially withdrawn due to her commitment to NHK Trophy.

ETA: Choi and Jong (sp?) from South Korea have also withdrawn. Ladies is down to a more-or-less manageable 37 entries now.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Can we post here about the non-challenger portion too? Because I'm excited to see Vasilieva again in juniors and the international debut of Samodelkina and Berestovskaya in advanced novices! :hap10:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Can we post here about the non-challenger portion too? Because I'm excited to see Vasilieva again in juniors and the international debut of Samodelkina and Berestovskaya in advanced novices! :hap10:

What I can say after the sp - they got disgustingly low components for such huge talents - which isn't that different from other low level skaters there. It's a shame.

Azikin

Medalist
What I can say after the sp - they got disgustingly low components for such huge talents - which isn't that different from other low level skaters there. It's a shame.

They probably cannot let them get more points than senior category winner.. and it could easily happen, they're both fantastic.. ;)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
They probably cannot let them get more points than senior category winner.. and it could easily happen, they're both fantastic.. ;)

I mean, maybe. But they wouldn't because of those rules against 3-3s (which is really... :devil: Samodelkina can do 3Lz-3Los with both rippons and has to stick with 3Lz-2T :slink:)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
They're running late but Samodelkina and Berestovskaya's group just got out onto the ice. Samodelkina is first in the group.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Okay, I think Samodelkina should've won. Berestovskaya fell and had 3Lz+REP, with less of a natural performance ability too.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I copied your comments over to the Junior Ladies thread. I am not doing separate threads for Short and Free, but at least that gives you a place to discuss them in some comfort!